Trade Manifesto

oh got still no change to lab reward and lab ladder...

why ggg still not reworked or changed how lab leaderboard reward first place? whats point in jewel monopoly for same dude several league and ggg dont even care?
Metamorph Master Craft Service in Metamorph My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Metamorph Masters 8 level Crafting All Service all crafts mods
Best Metamorph SC Master Craft Service Metamorph SC in MSC!
Master Crafting Service in Metamorph MSC PM: TreeOfDead
Just read this for the first time and what a load of crap. Every one of his reasons against changing the current trade system already exist rather pervasively.
The whole thing is nonsensensical.

If the game needed trade, then why not build around it?

You say the current game would break with easy trade, so you make the players pay the cost by making trade annoying.

You are covering your own initial flaw by intentionally making the game more annoying, rather than going back and addressing the root cause.
"
trixxar wrote:
The whole thing is nonsensensical.

If the game needed trade, then why not build around it?

You say the current game would break with easy trade, so you make the players pay the cost by making trade annoying.

You are covering your own initial flaw by intentionally making the game more annoying, rather than going back and addressing the root cause.

The rabbit hole goes sooooooooo much deeper than that, the awful 1/billion drop rates of items all stem from their awful attempts at trade, so if nobody could trade it wouldn't make sense for some items like mirrors to be so rare people who played for 5 years haven't seen one yet...
I understand your viewpoint. I am not sure I fully agree.

I remember the start and fall of RMT in D3 and agreed with that being shut down.

One downside of the current system is persons who are not extroverted or willing to deal with (or risk dealing with) ant-social individuals are locked out of the trade system. One only need briefly browse the forums to see tails of abuse and alleged theft.

Clearly the current system does work for many people some honest and well meaning others who prey on the new or unknowledgeable losing GGG customers.

Not an easy solution. How do you open trading to those unable or unwilling to deal with it as is? I imagine this could increase the player base 10-25%

An in-game API with monitored and logged trading (72 hours should be enough IMO) to help facilitate finding people with items you want. A trade zone able to run multiple instances as needed specifically for trading - a bazaar type map perhaps?

I like how ESO handles it with individual trader NPCs, going back to the bazaar idea if each player could set up an individual point of sale NPC with its own inventory tabs, then I think we could find the middle ground. People could still broadcast and do personal sales or they could use a storefront -- with several hundred NPCs each with its own inventory and pricing this should keep to the ideas I read in the OP.
** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, TridentZ 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 48" 4K Samsung 3d, Storage: WD-Blue 4TB, Intel M.2 NVME 500 GB On MOBO, StarTech PCIE 3.0 x4, 1x M.2 NVMe [empty] 2X M.2 SATA III [Crucial MX 500gb], [Samsung Evo 850], Optical Asus BluRay Quad Layer 16x **
Items matter, trade is important but items dropped are the go-to for upgrading gear?

My point of view is the RNG's feature reality on a large item pool. A large item pool is great and necessary for an interesting game and RNG is the opposing champion against deterministic rewards of games.

I know that GGG thinks RNG is good and it is but RNG is not the perfect solution to get specific things but we don't want deterministic rewards so here comes trading. What is sold in trade systems is still a drop, you still need the game to drop the item for someone else. Also, you need the currency to drop so you can trade it for the item you need. So what I think is that trading is the solution to RNG and it's even more necessary when the loot pool is large.

GGG just wants to add RNG to trading because they think this is a feature for games. But we need to rebalance RNG in PoE. I borrow the term RNG here, you can search for the item you need but still, the player has to answer and here we have some variables. The player can be a bot, the player can be busy, the player can be a price fixer or player can have the item incorrectly priced. Here we see some problems with trading that need solving. How do you fix price fixers, busy players and incorrect pricing? Easy trade could be the solution because you cannot manipulate the economy with bogus listings, you could trade all the time without your intervention and you will always suffer the consequences for pricing wrong so you cannot tease other players.

Why is GGG so determined to not provide easy trading? I think it's the same problem with automated transactions with bank accounts. It's easy to exploit an unlimited transfer system and DDoS the server. So banks charge a fee to make an infinite loop impossible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info