Trade Manifesto

Well if this trade system for ps4 isn't going to change you have lost yourself a player, I'm getting my platinum and quitting.

I have spent probably at least 24 hours just on the trade system looking for one item, thousands of pages of items with this shitty filter. many people not online, one of my offers have been sitting there for a week, that player has probably already quit.

I'm from PC and I was enjoying the console experience but the trade system is making me literally hate the game. I'm spending more time trying to find an item I want than I am farming because I need it for my build.

Most of my friends have already quit because of the trade system, so you are doing yourself more harm in console than good.

If you really want to take not as I have read alot of Reddit posts and it seems like I'm far from the only person with these views, I would do the following

1. Incorporate a proper filter system like your online site from your own official trade!!!!!

2. Or at least keep this filter but filter out having to sift through a 10000 pages. And only items come up with what you have filtered ( don't care if it takes 5-10 mins to self sift better than hours of my wasted time i font have as i work for a living)

3. Incorporate a global chat or trade chat for players, all my friends have quit because of this issue and would be nice to even find new people to talk to or play with from global, something I miss from PC, this also helps out people who don't understand things and can ask people.

Also these are fixes that need attention.

4. For the love of god fix not being able to click waypoints and stash because people are standing next to them. They should take preference not matter what and you should have to right stick only to get the player to come up.

5. Same issue with doing breches is it soo difficult to click the hands whilst you are attacking, you can't stop or you die but it's near impossible to get it to have "x" on the hand.

I wish I could show you some of the clips I have of me sitting there for a minute of just trying to get the the x over 1 item I wanted... yes I was rightsticking and moving around, it was a joke at a half. This has happened at least everyday I played whether it an item or selecting the cart in the mines or Npc.

There are more I could suggest but these were my main issues with the console version of the game.
"
Gondalen wrote:
im in a map, get a whisper for a 1 alch / 1 c item , dont react , just clear my map, asking after map if he still needs it. i wont waste a portal for this low trade. if i get spammed ill just ignore. this, every league, forever! wont even answer, most of the time they just move on to next offer.

trades 20c + ill respond afer map, trades 50c+ ill inv and leave map for trade.

-------

I make a point to never list anything (after day 1-2) for less than 2-5 chaos. And after the first week 5-10c. Yes I am probably giving up quite a bit (maybe 100c??) but I am absolutely certain that my gaming is more fun and I suspect that I make it up by not fiddling with low currency trades.

Regarding trade...well I have said it many times over the past - if you hate it then follow my lead and use it sparingly. Let the people who get a kick out of trading do their thing.
Last edited by MrWonderful99 on Jul 5, 2019, 2:06:28 PM
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:

Regarding trade...well I have said it many times over the past - if you hate it then follow my lead and use it sparingly. Let the people who get a kick out of trading do their thing.

Here's the thing with this idea, trading is the central progression mechanic in path of exile. GGG made it the single best thing to be doing in this game. Then they balanced it by not being hidden, boring, broken, and infested with scummy people. It's just a bad system and the game pushes you towards it by being the best way to improve at all times for all reasons.

When they say "difficult to complete the trade" what they mean isn't that it's actually difficult to complete a trade, it's that the API is bad and displays false information, people are being scummy and not following through with their advertisements, or people are being scummier and outright lying about their trades, and never intended to follow through.
Last edited by j33bus on Jul 10, 2019, 12:57:32 AM
just make the items available for quick buy when the seller is online instead of whisper, portal in bla bla. EASY
There is no trade, there is an idea that trades happen. There is trade of high value where someone deigns to make a response. NOT THAT THEY ACTUALLY RESPOND, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I am in regular league and it is currently ssf.

Bit of a dick move to have no trades.

What we have are BOTS and AFK extra accounts automessaging PLZ CHK MY TWITCH and any amount of useless extras that does nothing for the game.

So SSF is it? It is all that you offer, since this thread in 2017?
When you read the trade manifesto at the beginning

“Trade is Important.”
“For items to matter, it's important that they can be traded to other players.”
“The ability to trade any item is a fundamental part of why people enjoy playing Path of Exile…”

you simply have to agree.

However, the following parts with GGG`s concerns about easy trading makes me nothing but facepalm. This is especially due to the fact, that we have a fresh economy-start every 3 months anyway.

The part

“We believe that it is more fun to slowly and iteratively upgrade a character over time and to have a longer journey to gear a character up. Knowing that a monster could drop something that improves your character is a great motivator for playing one more level!”

basically describes solo-selffound, which is totally fine, if you are into this, but has nothing to do with players, who would like to have a non-ancient and non-frustrating trading-system.

The end of the manifesto comes to the conclusion

“From the start, we knew that Path of Exile needed the ability to trade items and that we had to be careful not to make it too easy…
So that's where we are today. It's easy to list items for trade, easy to search for items, and is often quite frustrating to complete a trade. This remaining frustration is the only thing standing in the way of trades being basically instant. While we understand that this sounds like a positive thing, we are very concerned regarding what will happen if that does eventuate. We have to prioritise the long-term health of Path of Exile.”

ignores the fresh economy-start every three months again and basically says “frustration to complete trades is good for the long-term health of Path of Exile”!

I really like Path of Exile, but have decided to not support GGG anymore, unless there is at least a somehow automated trading-system for maps and currency. I am so sick of whispering endless people for some maps without a response.
I read the trade manifesto and I understand the core fundementals of why they don't want to touch trade more... But from what I see in his manifesto its main focus is Gear, it doesnt really specifically go into the trading of maps.

but I think if they made ONLY maps auto-sellable through the map-stash tab when you priced them without any interaction needed between buyer and seller that would already be so sweet... It is the main frustration with the current trading because not many want to reply or trade every few minutes for 1,2,3 etc chisels.

Just automate map selling if you have the map stash tab and you get it to public and you entered fixed prices.

add option to trade with anyone anywhere (dont need to be in same place for trade)
and remove bots!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
www.pathofexile.com/trade 这里面为啥没有中文翻译? 是不希望中国人玩国际服吗?
You can't even trust the Trade messages anymore. [Removed by Support].... get a real TRADE System and not a "Text-Based" one.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jul 24, 2019, 1:00:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info