Trade Manifesto

Like they say in the manifesto, on xbox there is a tradeboard, it's completely useless but the potential could be there if GGG actualy wants it.

The board at least gives a way to trade without going to the hide-out. To bad it's way to time consuming to find the item you want/need in a decent way (and that's a bad GGG choice, while it could be so easy to implement a decent search system)

"
Soellita wrote:

I read developers manifest carefully, and I think my experience is exactly opposite to what was intended. Keeping current system for top items but having easier trade for cheap items would involve in trade more people, benefit mostly casual players and decrease gap between top 10% and all others.

Best response in 50 pages.

The idea that easy trades would result in fewer upgrades (and less fun) is insane. The current horrible trade means you almost never bother upgrading because buying anything but your map tier / endgame items is so awful.

I stopped playing over a month ago or so. It always get excited when you finally completed all the Acts but it got really frustrated to do maps since most of the times u have to depends on trade (i'm a casual player) and you know how horrible it is to keep whispering to afk sellers.

So here is my propose.

Create a central Town or hideout where everyone can jump in and trade. There will be a new menu say 'Trade' when u click it will open a trade windows for all the items the players have put in the trade tab. You can buy directly the item from here.

hmm. at first i thought its a good idea but then it kinda doesnt make any sense.

"
Soellita wrote:
Keeping current system for top items but having easier trade for cheap items would involve in trade more people, benefit mostly casual players and decrease gap between top 10% and all others.

Exactly this. Converting currency and selling and buying low tier maps are very taxing tasks. It would probably greatly help new players with their Atlas completion if they could buy a missing map without requiring 10 whispers until someone responds to sell an item for 1 alchemy orb.

I completely agree with the trade manifesto about endgame gear, but the issue isn't that it takes one minute to buy an item which costs hours of farming, rather than trading commodity items (fossils, maps, fragments) is incredibly annoying.
One thing that could be great is an information of the last time a player from wich we want to buy an item was connected to the game because in standard, i often want to buy item and have no answers during sometime 2 or 3 weeks or more and i dont find other players with similar stuff so its a waste of time.
"
but it will kill the fun of finding items

I've played a few characters through to level 90 and have never yet found one of the build-enabling uniques I've used for those builds. Not even the ones that sell for 1c. There are just too many uniques and they're too rarely found at levels that can be reached without them. Now can we talk about lab enchants?

If you want something like Voidforge or Starforge, it'll need to be 6L and you're going to really struggle to complete the atlas and defeat the elders just to have a chance of it dropping. And if you can it's hardly a build-enabling unique, plus then what are you going to do once you have it... progress to the post-elder maps? And I'd say it's 50/50 whether you get the 6L drop or accumulate enough fusing drops to be able to 6S+6L a random one.

Or you can play to level 80 or so, accumulating enough currency to buy one, and be on your way.

The "fun of finding items" is about getting drops with your first few characters and going "hey, now I have X,Y and Z I can make a ...". I think Mathil seems to do that occasionally.
Add an auction house for map and currency trades. I shouldnt have to stop playing the game to buy a map so i can then play the game.
"
dexhunterz wrote:
Add an auction house for map and currency trades.

This, or something equivalent. We're in a circular problem where it's hard to buy low-value items so buyers spam requests out, sellers get inundated so either stop selling them or just invite anyone who asks then look for the item and say "sorry now you're here, but I already sold it". Either way they're not going to leave a map or anything to do it, so you only get to trade when they're in their hideout doing nothing.

If we must keep the current system, at least let us portal straight to our hideout from the aqueduct. That way we can at least run that level endlessly while being available for trading. Right now it's sit and do nothing "hi, I'm just like a bot but much more bored" or run something and have to portal twice and then chase buyers who went to Sarn because that's where we were...

I'd even settle for an auction house and a mandatory 30 second loading screen every time we change areas. Same level of pointless irritation, but at least we can tune out during the loading screen.
Last edited by Kimchacka on Feb 19, 2019, 4:40:43 AM
They just need to automate it like the bots already do, parking mules in their HO to do all the trading.

Trade whisper received, seller does not see it. System invites buyer, opens trade, inserts item. Waits until requisite currency is provided (no haggling, no dumping a bucketload of low value currency for requested currency, bartering items for items, et al and sundry). System okays the trade, done. Currency dumped into seller defined tab.

Seller is given a system message "X item was traded for Y currency."

It's how the bots do it. Why can't it be a core part of the game for everyone who doesn't want to run a bot (and violate the EULA)?
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
They just need to automate it like the bots already do, parking mules in their HO to do all the trading.

Trade whisper received, seller does not see it. System invites buyer, opens trade, inserts item. Waits until requisite currency is provided (no haggling, no dumping a bucketload of low value currency for requested currency, bartering items for items, et al and sundry). System okays the trade, done. Currency dumped into seller defined tab.

Seller is given a system message "X item was traded for Y currency."

It's how the bots do it. Why can't it be a core part of the game for everyone who doesn't want to run a bot (and violate the EULA)?

It may be even better for them cause they can sell bots as a premium function.
"Trading bot - 20$".
Last edited by goldenguti on Feb 23, 2019, 9:47:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info