[3.0] EK Nova Assassin - 3.1 Tree Updated

"
I'm still here. I just changed my username lol.

Spoiler
Also PoB said that instead of Faster Casting, Added Fire Damage is better for DPS so I put that in

EK - Spell Echo - Cont Dest - Inc Crit - Pierce - Added Fire Damage

Does POB say this is better DPS for single target fights? Cuz I always pick DPS gems based on the shaper tag. For wave clear though, added fire is definitely better but wave clearing trash mobs doesn't require much anyways.

"
How much do you think I should aim HP wise before pushing for Guardian/Elder/Atziri?

I killed Hydra with this build at around 5.5k HP.

Ah I see! Thanks. So 5.5k HP is the goal now, and I'll check again the single target options. So probably pierce support can also be changed for Slower Projectile for single target/boss fights? Those are the two "above" Faster Casting Support dps rank wise and Pierce Support would be for clearing trash mobs (I think there are lots of gem "ranked" by PoB above Pierce Support but I can't imagine mapping without Pierce Support).
Last edited by GueRakun on Jan 2, 2018, 8:12:24 PM
snip.. double post sorry.
Last edited by GueRakun on Jan 2, 2018, 8:12:04 PM
Where does all the chaos damage come from?
"

Where does all the chaos damage come from?

There's no chaos dmg.

"
Ah I see! Thanks. So 5.5k HP is the goal now, and I'll check again the single target options. So probably pierce support can also be changed for Slower Projectile for single target/boss fights? Those are the two "above" Faster Casting Support dps rank wise and Pierce Support would be for clearing trash mobs (I think there are lots of gem "ranked" by PoB above Pierce Support but I can't imagine mapping without Pierce Support).

Feel free to swap in Slower Proj for bosses, but like you said, mapping without Pierce will be unimaginable and very inefficient.
"

Feel free to swap in Slower Proj for bosses, but like you said, mapping without Pierce will be unimaginable and very inefficient.

Thanks, I am also experimenting with Elemental Focus, which the game and pob says on the toolkit to buff my damage for about 9k (compared to Inc Crit Damage), just with golem and the arcane buff my damage is at 110k now This comes at a price of no ele ailments. Are ailments important for this build? I’m trying to see if the build uses extra damage from ailments but it doesn’t look like it.

Slower Proj comes in at a hefty price of 140% mana, so I would be out of mana a lot of times on boss I don’t think I like it when fighting map bosses (like phantasmagoria). Faster Proj on the other hand is 110% but I don’t know if it is a dps gain. I still need to learn pob more to squeeze more out of the tool. I don’t understand how to calc for a shaper/single target dps for example. More learning underway.
Can I go wands instead of daggers so I can get the tempest blast for lightning damage?
"

Can I go wands instead of daggers so I can get the tempest blast for lightning damage?

That doesn't affect you. It's wand phys dmg, meaning it goes to the weapon, not your spell.
Hi, could you share the offence and defence stats of the character plz?
Update:

My ek assassin has beaten the 4 guardians and elder today. In addition, yesterday me and erokace also beaten the ulaman lich together. Was pretty intense! The only elder fight that was hard was Eradicator (ele guy) and the Elder himself. No deaths on the others, and took another full map of trial for elder because once u mess up the pool placement the boss becomes harder and harder. Once I know the timing of that pool mech the boss becomes much easier.

I was at 5k hp, could do more from jewels but not needed for now. I used a taunt totem for all but don’t feel needed for elder. Overall very happy with the char. Only thing that felt like a chore was labyrinth because the trap hits hard so it can’t be speedrun. Haven’t donr the uber lab yet because only 4/6 trials so far.

On the build side my dps got a bit more ele than op’s version, especially lightning. I can share pob pastebin if anyone wants to check it out.
Please do, I'd be interested in your skill tree, your ascendancy tree, and your trash and single-target arrangements.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info