Improve my char!

"
ShadyC wrote:
But even still, Chill duration would be based on the percentage of the enemy's HP that my cold damage specifically did, right? Wouldn't any Chill be a tiny fraction of a second long?

What you described was how Chill was before the recent patch. Now it is fixed 2 seconds. Your dmg only determines how much slow you make your enemies attack and move.

Similar changes with Shock now. However you need to deal like 200k of pure lightning with a single hit against Shaper who has 20M life to even get him shocked for 1% increased damage taken. That is why phys to light is still a weak gem these days. Nonetheless it is the best "defense" against one-shotting yourself to phys reflect, especially when wearing Abyssus.
My initial thought is to reroll and this time try to make it clear what you actually want to do with your character.

I mean I look at this and everything just seems so incredibly weird. You mention you don't have 10 exalts for a new dagger / claw at your disposal. Well I can tell you that even with a Mirror Claw / Dagger this setup would be pretty bad :(

You have an incredibly niche low dps Claw as your weapon for no obvious reason.
Your whole detour to Whispers of Doom (+1 curse) makes little sense. It's just even remotely close to being worth it. In general your passive tree is messy =(
You pick Assassin for... what reason exactly?
All of your jewelry has only the most basic stats (life and resistance).
Your amulet is a non-crit build amulet even though you are a crit build.
Your flask setup is in general a complete mess. No strong melee uniques. Like... 4 of those flasks make little to no sense (The Atziri one is okay. Keep it). Btw Flasks are an incredibly important part of your gear setup. It's a huge potential source of damage and defense.
Your gem setups seem a bit wierd as well =(

I'm sorry. I know this may sound a bit harsh and I wish I could be more constructive but this build has so many beginner mistakes you should strongly consider starting over from scratch. I would recommend reading a few Claw / Dagger guides out there and watch they do and either straight up copy it or make small adjustment if you feel something doesn't fit your style.
Yeah, I get all that, but jewelry with 5-6 useful stats are... again, Exalts. These are what I had in my stash. My resist Flasks are there because I wasn't capped, though I see nothing wrong with my Granite Flask except that it doesn't have "of Iron Skin," which won't be happening for obvious reasons.

The Claw is also the best within my budget... Anything above this pDPS is... you guessed it, Exalts.

I've done all these searches already. Everything is Exalts.

This just seems to reinforce that I should bench the char. Every slot is going to be 1-10 Exalts per upgrade.

And while I'm sitting there spending Exalts, I might as well spend half of one on Regrets to respec some of the tree rather than go through 3.0's leveling hellhole.

Also, I picked Assassin because I wanted to be a crit build. It seems like a poorly-designed game when Assassin, the class with an Ascendancy based around crit & physical attack, is not the Ascendancy I'd want to go. I assume I should be a Raider or Berserker, of course?

This game...
"
ShadyC wrote:
Yeah, I get all that, but jewelry with 5-6 useful stats are... again, Exalts. These are what I had in my stash. My resist Flasks are there because I wasn't capped, though I see nothing wrong with my Granite Flask except that it doesn't have "of Iron Skin," which won't be happening for obvious reasons.

The Claw is also the best within my budget... Anything above this pDPS is... you guessed it, Exalts.

I've done all these searches already. Everything is Exalts.

This just seems to reinforce that I should bench the char. Every slot is going to be 1-10 Exalts per upgrade.

And while I'm sitting there spending Exalts, I might as well spend half of one on Regrets to respec some of the tree rather than go through 3.0's leveling hellhole.

Also, I picked Assassin because I wanted to be a crit build. It seems like a poorly-designed game when Assassin, the class with an Ascendancy based around crit & physical attack, is not the Ascendancy I'd want to go. I assume I should be a Raider or Berserker, of course?

This game...

Your rings has 1 useful stat: life. Depending on opportunity cost. You might include resistance but in a build of almost pure rare items basically it's 1 useful stat. It shouldn't you even 1 ex per upgrade.

Your amulet is even worse. This is a huge dps item-slot. In crit builds you should aim for 0 resistance in this item-slot. Flat damage, wed (if elemental) and life is the preferred prefix's and crit multi is all you need for a suffix combined with 27% crit chance (if not being assassins) from Eleron Enchant. Horrible. An upgrade would be less than 10c.
Your Flasks... how can you not be capped if you have almost 0 uniques in your build? Seriously, how? I mean...wtf xD? And Granite gives you diddlely squat in terms of damage reduction. At least throw it away and use a Basalt (this is so much better).

Rare claws better than yours on standard league = 3c. Not exalts and you could also remake your build and use Scourge instead which is capable of truly great dps (1-5c)

So no. You do not need exalts to upgrade each item slot. You need knowledge and a total of 2-4exalts for upgrading ALL your items.

Assassin is good for a number of things but you don't utilize them. For instance you don't have a "hit hard and 1-shot packs" skill-setup which is the core thing Assassins excels at. You don't use Ailments either. You spend an extra 4-link on generating power charges which could be done so in a much more subtle way.

It's not about "this game..." (being unfair?). It's about you lacking some information but luckily for you it's all available. Spend one session of gaming reading instead of playing and I promise you things will look better.

Look. Start. Over. Cut your losses, learn about opportunity cost in each item slot and read some guides. Btw - you constantly see streamers (and a lot of other players) make budget builds that are capable of clearing the whole game. You could too if you wanted to :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Oct 21, 2017, 9:24:12 PM
I know you're trying to help, and I appreciate that. But bare with me on this post. I'm trying to not get triggered by the disconnect in pricing sense.

----

Link me a Standard item search with Claws better than Allure but not 1+ Exalts. Because I've done the search, and it doesn't work out.

I am aware my Amulet is basically crap. But I legitimately just do not have a good Amulet.

Most of my resists are capped. Just not Cold, and of course not Chaos (which I have been advised is not too important to cap, regarding Chaos).

http://poe.trade/search/onomaganokahen

This is a search for Amulets with minimum stats of 70 life, 8 physical damage, and 30 global crit chance. These seem cheap, but I did lowball the requirements. These all seem to lack good resistances, or additional offensive stats outside what I put in the criteria. What exactly are the kinda Amulets I should be using in this slot???

As for weapons, this is exactly my point:

http://poe.trade/search/akadukikinaton

LITERALLY all I have in this for criteria is a minimum requirement of 300 pDPS. The first item is 2 Exalts.

300 pDPS isn't even high-end...

Anyway, I dunno what to tell you. My resists are not capped. You see my items, and you see they have resists on them. Items with 30+ in multiple resistances are very expensive - another disconnect veteran players seem to have. Maybe everyone's remembering some glorious heydays from long ago, where things weren't so monstrously inflated???

Here's an Amulet search, identical to the one above, except that I added total ele resists of at least 40. That's it! Just 40.

http://poe.trade/search/omototaririnik

First item is 100 Chaos.

Or, since you think resists are a waste in that slot... Here's a search that is identical to the very first Amulet search, then also adds in 20% crit mult.

http://poe.trade/search/ruhananhoyateh

First item is 1 Exalt.

Things just aren't cheap anymore. That's not PoE's reality. Everyone who still plays this game has been playing & farming for years and years. They have tons of currency. They expect buyers to have tons of currency as well. Everything is sold as if everyone's been farming for years & years. (Not to mention multiboxing for years & years - I remember that being a problem back in the day, and I see no reason why it wouldn't still be prominent.)

I dunno.

Whatever.
http://poe.trade/search/arasirihikabun

http://poe.trade/search/omamonabihitag

Amulet and Ring searches. Maybe I can swipe some decently-priced one of each respective criteria.

And then with my other rare slots, try my best at some affordable heavy-hitting tri-res purchases. I have extreme doubts on this. But perhaps that's what I need to try for?

Still though, I worry about the weapon itself...

They're just... not... affordable. And why would they be? I imagine there's a high demand for high base damage weapons, as they are so important to every physical build. They can kind of charge whatever they want.
No, never spend any exalts unless you are sure it is going to work. The cost of a 400 pDPS dagger will be several times a 300 pDPS one but it is just 1/3 more damage for your 60k DPS. Abyssus builts should be dealing at least 150k DPS without expensive gears.

Do checkout the guide below from another forumer:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931981

Follow the "budget-friendly" version of his build, which uses Touch of Anguish claw. But even his budget-friendly version has some utopian gear and gem setups. If you further tone it down (remove the qualities on the gems, remove half of the jewels, unique flasks, etc.) you will still arrive to around a 500k~1M DPS.

Your Tabula Rasa is one of the reasons why you have issues with life and resist. You can try searching for corrupted 6L with the exact colors that you need. They are cheap because they are corrupted but will still have more res and life than your Tabula.
I've still avoided Path of Building... Time to get it, I guess.

Besides, I'm curious what plugging in my Ele's current build would show. See if it's accurate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info