This Game feels like an excessively long walk for a small drink of water

come to the pc. 5 links are insanely cheap in comparison. 6 links are not even that bad.
"
starfreeek wrote:
come to the pc. 5 links are insanely cheap in comparison. 6 links are not even that bad.

The PC you say, come play path of boting you say.

Would love to, the group of people I play with just can't deal with bots/log out macros/flask macros. The Xbox version has many issues. Not dealing with bots, macros, or broken trade system on the PC makes all the issues the Xbox has still worth it for now....
Last edited by chronsmash on Oct 19, 2017, 3:24:34 AM
"
This Game feels like an excessively long walk for a small drink of water

How did you figure it out so quickly?
There is no way that white 5 links are expensive. You should be able to afford those.

Other than that if you want to make your own then don't gamble. Use Vorici and save the 150 fusings to 5 link anything.
Standard Forever
"
chronsmash wrote:
"
starfreeek wrote:

Would love to, the group of people I play with just can't deal with bots/log out macros/flask macros. The Xbox version has many issues. Not dealing with bots, macros, or broken trade system on the PC makes all the issues the Xbox has still worth it for now....

I am not being flippant here, but how does that affect you? You complain about high prices of still rare 5 links on the XBox, and then turn around and complain about mechanisms that tend to cheapen gear on the PC market. And flask/log-out macros? That doesn't touch you in the slightest unless you have a life-long wish to set your name high on meaningless ladders.

Now complaints about the trade system in general I get.

This isn't an MMO. You can actually carve out a corner of the game and make it the way you want it and literally ignore the rest. The weak poison of the crappy trade system and market manipulation bleeds into much of everything, but aside from the worst offenses (Headhunter, I am looking at you) you can still access all the game/gear if trade is your thing.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
"
chronsmash wrote:
"
starfreeek wrote:

I am not being flippant here, but how does that affect you? You complain about high prices of still rare 5 links on the XBox, and then turn around and complain about mechanisms that tend to cheapen gear on the PC market. And flask/log-out macros? That doesn't touch you in the slightest unless you have a life-long wish to set your name high on meaningless ladders.

Now complaints about the trade system in general I get.

This isn't an MMO. You can actually carve out a corner of the game and make it the way you want it and literally ignore the rest. The weak poison of the crappy trade system and market manipulation bleeds into much of everything, but aside from the worst offenses (Headhunter, I am looking at you) you can still access all the game/gear if trade is your thing.

Sorry, my confused friend, I did not complain about the high prices of anything on the xbox. The boting, macros, ect have a huge impact. The ramped cheating affects us the PLAYER base that is playing at the keyboard, in so many ways it would take hours to explain it.

As for carving out a corner of this game you can't can't without running into some form of a bot that will do it better or longer then you can.

Good luck and enjoy Path of Bots... I'm guessing I'm part of the minority hoping for change that probably will never happen. That's unfortunate because the game will go back to post 3.0 few active players that play when good loot leagues come around so that they can abuse the broken aspects of the game to there advantage.
How about taking a couple of minutes to explore a summary of it then.

Botting, price manipulation, and cheating in general is rampant in every single game that has a persistent online connection and even limited player interaction. If this is your firm stance, then I can't see you enjoying any modern game at all beyond throwback single player RPGs. Okay that was a little bit hyperbole, but you see my point.

And I feel bad about that!

Quick Ninja Edit - If you are implying that your main goal in PoE is to make your name in the trade market, then I can understand your frustration. In that aspect, yes, the abuse runs deep. But I maintain that this is an ARPG and can be played and enjoyed as such. That is not the popular opinion, and so therein lies our disconnect.

Quick Edit 2: You actually used the words "insanely overpriced" in your original post.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Oct 19, 2017, 5:21:00 PM
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
How about taking a couple of minutes to explore a summary of it then.

Botting, price manipulation, and cheating in general is rampant in every single game that has a persistent online connection and even limited player interaction. If this is your firm stance, then I can't see you enjoying any modern game at all beyond throwback single player RPGs. Okay that was a little bit hyperbole, but you see my point.

And I feel bad about that!

Quick Ninja Edit - If you are implying that your main goal in PoE is to make your name in the trade market, then I can understand your frustration. In that aspect, yes, the abuse runs deep. But I maintain that this is an ARPG and can be played and enjoyed as such. That is not the popular opinion, and so therein lies our disconnect.

Quick Edit 2: You actually used the words "insanely overpriced" in your original post.

Its simple at the end of the day this is a game and I like many have real-life comments, needless to say, time is the biggest commodity. To put it bluntly, I'm not willing to accept that cheaters got to cheat. So your assessment is correct and I feel bad about that as well, but that's life. A lot to do little time to do it all in and time spent can and will be spent in other ways and forums.

BTW I Never talked about "insanely overpriced" Was a simple comment as to why the people I play with don't play the pc version.
Last edited by chronsmash on Oct 20, 2017, 12:23:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info