New player, did i scam this dude?

"
poeliceman wrote:
GGG could care less who scams who. That's just the facts.

I think he was asking from a ethical standpoint. Not that a huge chunk of the player base care about ethics with trading and ripping people off. OP does, and good for him.
it's all work out now i think, i found a nice guy and added him as my buyer from now on

now i can just enjoy playin and swap the currency to chaos, he has a solid ratio also
thanks for all the replies and explains

edited the images as it has been removed
Last edited by Baylenthesky on Oct 12, 2017, 2:31:46 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Better to send the default message and then another straight after with something like 'Would you take 10c for 114 chromes?"

IMHO it's much better to rephrase it completely so that the recepient will instantly see that it's not a standard trade whisper. It's really annoying when people just copy the standard message text and append something at the end, as it can lead to a lot of misunderstandings. For example, instead of writing something like that:

"Hi, I would like to buy your Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate listed for 280 chaos in Harbinger (stash tab "Sell"; position: left 11, top 10). My offer is 270 chaos"

It would be much better to rephrase it as follows:

"Hi! Offer 270c for your Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate listed for 280 chaos in Harbinger (stash tab "Sell"; position: left 11, top 10). Interested?"

Just my 2 cents, based on my experience :)

Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Man, altering poe.trade generated messages is a serious offence by itself - traders used to trust them and never read in full. No surprise buyer became outraged.
Last edited by tm10067 on Oct 12, 2017, 5:16:35 AM
Pff...

Not only did the guy not read the message, he also didn't pay attention to what was in the trade window.
Moreover, the 6 chromes are no big deal to start with.

I've had people who claimed that they forgot what my price was because they messaged so many sellers and instead of asking just put some common orbs instead of the regal or chaos I was asking for into the trade window.

So I'd say there was no scam, just carelessness on one side.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
RandallPOE wrote:
Mostly his fault for not reading your whisper correctly but yeah, it's generally considered bad form to change the message you get from poe.trade and alter the price or ratio since a lot of people don't check it too closely. If his ratio was set up 50:600 then what you gave is out.

Better to send the default message and then another straight after with something like 'Would you take 10c for 114 chromes?"

The best way is to add your own offer in the same message but with a clear "offer" on it

Something like ""enter copy/pasted message here" --- would you take xxx instead?"

I think it's common sense to make your intentions clear as fast as possible. Otherwise you might end up ignored and then you'll be making threads about how the trading system is flawed.

Although I never personally bargain with the currency ratios since they are almost certainly set on stone by the seller.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info