I play leagues... slowly

if you want to get to 90 quick, after hitting 84 or something, play beachhead T-15 rota
as long as they didn't limit minimum level and you tag your map on party leader, it's guaranteed carried run
3-4 rotation is enough to level you up to 90

protip : lower your graphic option to prevent crash

also, dont worry about speed, the most important thing is to have fun. if it doesn't fun, why bother?
"
cypherusuh wrote:
if you want to get to 90 quick, after hitting 84 or something, play beachhead T-15 rota
as long as they didn't limit minimum level and you tag your map on party leader, it's guaranteed carried run
3-4 rotation is enough to level you up to 90

protip : lower your graphic option to prevent crash

also, dont worry about speed, the most important thing is to have fun. if it doesn't fun, why bother?

You're contradicting yourself. If you wanna play rotas, you gotta be FAST. That's why I abandoned the idea of leveling to 100 after a couple of beachhead rotas, and decided to stay at 98. Actually, if you're like cipher or myself and prefer playing at a slower pace, then trying any form of party play would be the fastest way to ruin your gaming experience forever, unless you're playing with friends who have similar preferences. Unfortunately, it appears that 90% of this game's population consists of speedrunners playing with a mouse in one hand, and a stopwatch in the other :( So if you wanna keep having fun and enjoying the game, then I'd strongly recommend staying the hell away from rotas.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Last edited by DGTLDaemon on Oct 10, 2017, 12:16:49 PM
"
Iangyratu wrote:
I just like to do things my own way.
:-) that's the "only" way to do things most of the time. Glad you mentioned that! Too often we each buy into what the 1% and min-maxers tell us is the most efficient or beneficial build and progression in PoE. There are many problems with that...
Spoiler
1.) Playing meta means over-spending on gear to achieve that meta, because every item for meta builds is going to skyrocket in price. Supply and demand.

2.) Min-maxing your build to achieve one amazing mechanic or another means that anything breaking that mechanic will be a royal PITA for your gameplay. I'm sure I'm not alone when I mention that I prefer to layer my defenses by making my build flexible. Most HC players I've talked to take this approach any ways, because they only have one shot with each character. I level up different auras and golems in each league, and switch them out for challenging map mods. I don't like having all of my 'eggs in one basket'. I also like to find a Timeclasp and use haste for Temporal Chains mods, ability to reduce on damage class for reflect (or bump more life leech/regen), flexibility in forgoing defenses for more DPS with life regen bosses, etc.

3.) Going your own way every league feels liberating. Sometimes I'll have guild mates and friends online ask which build I'm using, and they get confused when I don't spit out one of the few meta builds everyone else is running. That's funny. They call my build "hipster" or say things like, "that's cool! So how do you... ?"

4.) I'm still offering things in the current challenge league to guild mates and global 820 when very few others are. The people still playing are very thankful in turn. I've received generous tips without ever asking. Players are happy to see that they're not alone in playing the league all the way through to the end.
Once in a while I'll step out of my comfort zone to try something new, but I always find myself gravitating towards my own fun. I've tried meta, I've tried rotas, I've done speed clearing, and it really devalues the enjoyment I get from PoE.

"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
Same here. If there's anything I hate about this game, it's speedrunning :D I know it's the most efficient way to play the game, but I just can't bring myself to fly through maps in 30 seconds, and then rinse and repeat the same procedure ad nauseam. So you're definitely not alone in this, buddy :)
"
DGTLDaemon wrote:
Actually, if you're like cipher or myself and prefer playing at a slower pace, then trying any form of party play would be the fastest way to ruin your gaming experience forever, unless you're playing with friends who have similar preferences.
Yup, indeed!

My "kill the fun" moment...
Spoiler
At the end of Legacy I bought hundreds of T6 maps and easy leaguestones for the tri-league challenge. I had a few days with an open r/l schedule, so I set those aside to grind maps. I changed my loot filter to my personal end-game grinding one, socketed the 5-use leaguestones, and carry five maps. I was clearing Racecourse maps in under a minute, Bog in a matter of seconds, etc. I did 100+ maps a day to carry me to 1000. Then move loot to stash tabs every 10-20 maps or so.

It was fun accomplishing that specific challenge, but the grind was brutal. For me it siphoned off most of the fun. I don't think I'll ever grind like that again, especially not within the final week of a league.

After Legacy, I thought I'd take a break from leagues for a while. I even told me wife that, and she was happy I wouldn't be saying "I need to run my dailies" anymore (and dailies really means mapping for an hour afterwords too, lol). But then I realized I could still have fun in leagues if I didn't fall into that grinding trap again. So here I am...
...so, back to the fun instead. :-D
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 10, 2017, 12:45:27 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Who else is in the same boat?

I'm with you here. I can't count the number of times I've logged on for the baby to start crying or to plan a couple of hours of gaming only to have her take 3 hours to put to sleep. But I absolutely love this game, and I don't care if I'm slow and poor and have only accomplished what other people did in three days. I'm having a blast with the game.

I did start another character before hitting 90, though. It's taken me about a week to get the second one to 55. But, I'm trucking along.
"
ThirdWizard wrote:
I'm with you here. I can't count the number of times I've logged on for the baby to start crying or to plan a couple of hours of gaming only to have her take 3 hours to put to sleep. But I absolutely love this game, and I don't care if I'm slow and poor and have only accomplished what other people did in three days. I'm having a blast with the game.
:-)

Yeah, r/l always gets in the way... I mean takes priority. ;-)

I will be moving into a new house soon, and the wife wants to paint about 3/4 of the walls. And she wants new railings on the steps outside. And... you get the picture. In order to avoid paying an arm and a leg for a contractor, I'll be doing most of the work. So in November I don't expect to have much gaming time. Of course I'll still absolutely enjoy the short periods where I do actually get to play.
I do have only 2-3 days off after I’m like 5-7 days on t boat so I don’t have much time to play but if I play I play a lot;) long session of PoE with beer is my relax after week away ;) I have 3 characters this league 91/90/87 I do play all maps. I pay solo, cos tryed to party and all ppl was just super fast :( I like to look on items and take time usually clear map to 20 or less monsters left;) Would like to find some ppl play in normal speed but so far I did not had t luck.. But I’m enjoying my play style, don’t think I’m slow but don’t get how others can b so fast!?! u can’t have any joy from t game in this speed... it’s just my opinion;) anyway GZ to lvl90 and GL&HF I’m of to bed, more work 2moro;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Cipher: I'm not even in the boat. I'm dog-paddling in the wake like a happy, stupid puppy, just glad to be alive and not a cat. Cats are mean.

LOL! And glad you're not a T-Rex? Dinosaurs... they're mean too. ;-)

"
KOrchann wrote:
I pay solo, cos tryed to party and all ppl was just super fast :(

Yeah, know exactly what you mean. I miss my MMO days, when we'd complain about others being too slow. Now in PoE I (secretly) complain about others being too fast. MMORPG and ARPG are entirely different worlds, and now karma is catching up to me.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 11, 2017, 8:24:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info