[3.0] Hex Icy Siege Ballista (Updating)

Hey there, I've been interested in a Siege Ballista character and stumbled upon your build guide. I liked it, so I tried it in Abyss league. So far, my character is level 70 and has some decent gear for them deeps. What I struggle with is 1-shots from bosses like, say Izaro. Gotta get a much bigger healthpool - and soon! I have like 2,700 health with no ES I think.

One thing I'd like to add here is that I do believe this build is endgame viable. I have 100% conversion to cold damage thanks to my Drillneck corrupted mod. They're fairly cheap, so I'd add them to the guide! Other things I put on the character are in no way necessary like the Ventor's Gamble and I need to step up my flask game obviously, but the character is very enjoyable so far, so thank you for creating this guide. :)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
My current gear:

I think if anything, the belt could be changed for another leather belt with elemental damage? I'm not sure. Obviously the Ventor's Gamble is in no way necessary for the character, but since I got one with all-about positive rolls I'm using it for the IIQ.

One thing I am testing is switching out the Cold Penetration Support for Pierce Support for map clearing. The overall DPS increased (tooltip obviously) and knowing bosses have higher resistances, I can switch it back in when necessary.

Also worth a note: I changed a little bit on the skill tree and didn't go for the "Profane Chemistry" noteworthy. Instead, I put those points into "Path of the Warrior."

I lost 12% maximum life + 50% Life Recovery from Flasks, but I got 15% maximum life, 20 DEX and 10 Armour in exchange although I spent 1 point on top.

Currently the character is lvl 71 and has ~830 DEX. I'll report back once I hit 80.

EDIT: I reached level 83 tonight and I'm still enjoying this build. It's a lot of fun to run around with mach speed deploying totems that fire at will while you collect the merits. To make this build run smoothly and with decent DPS (mine is around 140k right now) you gotta invest some hard currency into building your character. But I found it worth it. Much more enjoyable than the 2 characters I ran before (WoE Sunder Slayer & Molten Strike Inquisitor)

If OP doesn't mind I'd like to write a new guide for this build, updated to 3.1 obviously. :)
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Jan 14, 2018, 6:38:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info