[3.2] Frost Blades, VARUNASTRA STILL AMAZING, 6.9k hp, 3mln dps

How are you generating frenzy charges against bosses?
"
Syrup9 wrote:
How are you generating frenzy charges against bosses?

Raider ascendency ?
What is your reasoning for going Slayer ascendancy vs. Raider?

For me:

Slayer - 40% increased damage (not bad)
- 50% reduced reflect damage (meh)

Raider - 20% increased movespeed/attackspeed
- Depending if you pick up the extra frenzy nodes on the tree (which we path right next to) would be 12-24% MORE damage (key here is more, so I believe this would be significantly more damage than slayer) and then 12-24% increased attack speed. All this is dependent on being at max frenzy charges, however at 10 attacks per second I don't think it would be too tough.

So basically with raider you could get 44% increased attack speed + 24% more damage + some movespeed with little investment.

Regardless, I started as slayer and will probably be switching to try out raider once I have some extra currency to respec. Was just curious to hear why you opted for slayer.
"
CoolDown wrote:

For me:

- Depending if you pick up the extra frenzy nodes on the tree (which we path right next to) would be 12-24% MORE damage (key here is more, so I believe this would be significantly more damage than slayer) and then 12-24% increased attack speed. All this is dependent on being at max frenzy charges, however at 10 attacks per second I don't think it would be too tough.

So basically with raider you could get 44% increased attack speed + 24% more damage + some movespeed with little investment.

Regardless, I started as slayer and will probably be switching to try out raider once I have some extra currency to respec. Was just curious to hear why you opted for slayer.

Raider - shit tier. Frenzy charges - noob trap. Personally for me, he(raider) was needed only for getting frenzy charges on the Shaper.
On the maps you can get frenzy with Blood Rage(But do not forget to choose "Soul of Ralakesh").
Pathfinder - best choice for cleaning maps.
Slayer? Houston, we have a problem with vaal pact! "Lifeleech effect are not remove on full life" That's why I chose Slayer ascendancy.
We need more survival, so I recommend taking at least a dodge. Atziri's steps, Oskarm gloves + Hinekora's Sight, Alchemist's Quartz Flask, Vaal Grace, etc. mayber Hyrri's Ire Zodiac Leather, but I'm not sure.

At the moment, getting two varunastres is problematic because.. Thanks GGG! Cadiro is gone and price for "The Formless Sea" 30-40c.

On the maps use ancestral call support or melee splash support, in a fight with the bosses ruthless support gem. GL
[Removed by Support]
Thanks for the response. And yeah those swords got expenssssssssive lol, I'll save up for them eventually.
"
TauOrigin wrote:
"
CoolDown wrote:

For me:

Raider - shit tier. Frenzy charges - noob trap. Personally for me, he(raider) was needed only for getting frenzy charges on the Shaper.
On the maps you can get frenzy with Blood Rage(But do not forget to choose "Soul of Ralakesh").
Pathfinder - best choice for cleaning maps.
Slayer? Houston, we have a problem with vaal pact! "Lifeleech effect are not remove on full life" That's why I chose Slayer ascendancy.
We need more survival, so I recommend taking at least a dodge. Atziri's steps, Oskarm gloves + Hinekora's Sight, Alchemist's Quartz Flask, Vaal Grace, etc. mayber Hyrri's Ire Zodiac Leather, but I'm not sure.

At the moment, getting two varunastres is problematic because.. Thanks GGG! Cadiro is gone and price for "The Formless Sea" 30-40c.

On the maps use ancestral call support or melee splash support, in a fight with the bosses ruthless support gem. GL

Didn't see the updates you made, from
what i see it seems you have more dps with the shadow/marauder but less survivability ?

ps : is there a reason for keeping the 4 blue gems on starkonja at low level except for the intel requirement ?
Last edited by tirrorex on Dec 16, 2017, 9:12:35 PM
Why dual wield Varanastra vs a stat stick? I don't see it.
"
Why dual wield Varanastra vs a stat stick? I don't see it.

From wiki about frostblades:
>Dual Wielding: Since Frost Blades has no weapon restrictions, attacks will alternate between both hands while dual wielding.

From wiki about Sunder:
>Dual wielding: Sunder with dual wielding will not function unless a mace or axe is in the main hand. Only the main hand weapon is used to attack.

Understand?
Spoiler
You will be attack with stat stick and she will be has low damage per hit. But you can use stat shield :^)
[Removed by Support]
hey currently playing this build so far. Iam running good but i failed miserably on endgame encounters. Iam far away from facetank anything like you do most of the time.

Regarding the above discussion about ascendancies. So you prefer Assasin and slayer over Ass and raider?

Would you be that kind and could you please upload a tree from whole spec?
"
hey currently playing this build so far. Iam running good but i failed miserably on endgame encounters. Iam far away from facetank anything like you do most of the time.

Regarding the above discussion about ascendancies. So you prefer Assasin and slayer over Ass and raider?

Would you be that kind and could you please upload a tree from whole spec?

Im interested in playing this character now in bestiary, how is your progress in endgame. I really want to know if am able to kill bosses with this setup. And im still not sure which ascendancies i should take for max boss dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info