[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

Looks quit nice, cheap and funny i will try it the next days and if the Playstile fits i want to start the next League with it.

Really nice build, cleared a t13(without Boss) on lvl 69 and just cruel lab. If you have decide what to do with the 3.1 changes, im planning it as my league starter for Abbys.
Last edited by Platinwing on Dec 6, 2017, 4:20:09 PM
Looking to run this in 3.1

The nerfs to Dark pact are as such:

"
Dark Pact cast using your life no longer has bonus radius, and the damage bonus has been reduced from 95% more damage with hits and ailments when using your life to 76% more damage.

additionally, Wither has been nerfed

"
Wither now has a lower max stack limit (15, down from 20) and slightly lower damage taken effect per stack (6% per stack, down from 7%).

How much might this, in practice, hurt this build? Figure it's still entirely viable / good / fun?
Dark pact nerfed +95% -> +76%, wither nefed +140% -> +90%.
We need a new boss killing option, like the one with flame surge and staff? Not a cheap staff, but option!

But new position of vaal pact is great, i think!
Interested to see how changes to slayer impact the build and if DP is still the go to for this one for new league.
Eh, the nerfs are pretty okay. In some cases, it's even a buff despite single target dps loss.

Leech cap will be reduced from 43% to 29% which is a pretty big hit. Given that Slayer no longer grants +10% maximum leech, scion becomes more relevant (wouldn't necessarily say better). At this point, you have to decide whether you want to go Vaal Pact, or double up with life regen. Vaal pact would put you up to 58%, which is an increase from the build's previous total of 49%. By doubling up your regen pool with life regen instead of Vaal Pact, you can get somewhere around 12% life regen, leaving you at a total of 41%, which should still be completely fine.

As I said on my final thoughts, the 2nd curse wasn't very important, so using Purity of Fire would help a good load in terms of sustain. The free amulet slot could then be used with a Marble Amulet if you choose to go with life regen, or a Jade Amulet to help with the Dex requirements.

The Whither nerf is irrelevant since we didn't stack cast speed nor have any sort of increased duration tagged on our whither totem, so that loss of 5 stacks are 5 stacks we never had in the first place. This means that single target loss would be of a 19% "More Damage" multiplier. Not terribly bad, but definitely doesn't help. We rarely use Dark Pact for AoE clear, and it's linked with concentrated effect, so that side of the nerf doesn't bother us either.

I can't clearly say, but I personally think the build is safe. I'd consider going life regen over vaal pact because with 12% life regen, purity of fire, and Rise of the Phoenix on the single-target weaponswap, you could sustain RF without the need of leech stacks, making it possible to use RF in bosses like Shaper and Izaro and allowing us to run no leech maps. I still feel Slayer will be the go-to choice due to the 'More Damage if killed recently', Larger AoE, and 20% culling strike, but I can't discard the fact that Scion can get a 50% increased recovery rate buff on kill (Shadow) which could raise your leech/regen total very far up (61%/88%). Dark pact still sounds like the best single target option to me on paper, but I'll have to see patch notes to see what changes are made. I'd love for poison to be even sightly viable, would make physical spells a relevant option.

I haven't mentioned it yet for whatever reason, but Writhing Jar can be used to keep 'on kill' effects up. I'd love to hear what Kek_is_love has to say on the matter of these changes.
Last edited by lucksickle on Dec 5, 2017, 4:31:45 AM
So, will be any changes to gear, passives, skills setup..? I really like this build and I thought to try it for the next league but I wonder if it will be viable due to Slayer's Brutal Fervour ascendancy nerf. Please let us know if you plan to update your guide. Thanks.
Last edited by GaksitalGR on Dec 5, 2017, 5:26:53 AM
any chance to use a meele skill like molten strike? we can also use immolate because we got RF up all time... the leech during boss fight is better than with dark pact...

maybe with oro sacrifice swap

Last edited by Kritolaos on Dec 5, 2017, 6:50:14 AM
Only nerf to build i see is DP aoe. Clearspeed gonna suffer a bit cause of that, but not too much. Will see, when full patch notes will roll out, but i am calling that VP is going to be the best option. So, as Bex says, that's a buff.
Vaal Pact is dead, long live Vaal Pact!
"
Kritolaos wrote:
any chance to use a meele skill like molten strike? we can also use immolate because we got RF up all time... the leech during boss fight is better than with dark pact...

maybe with oro sacrifice swap

melee, huh, well, will roll in PoB later, i don't think that it is gonna work.
I will check out scion option later. Might be as strong, but i highly doubt it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info