The Ethereal Speaker (3.0) Necromancer Null's Summoner

Welcome to "The Ethereal Speaker" build, this build focuses on auto summoning Animate Weapon and Summon Raging Spirits by killing with bow attacks.

Gameplay

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177162433 - Shaped Acid Lakes Mapping

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/177412461 - Underground River Mapping

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/178732987 - Lvl79 Shaped Beach Double Beyond -Max

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/185023610 - 42% Pack size T10 Port (Vuln, -Max, Dodge, Monster accuracy)

PROS

Easy to play. Requires one button press to attack and summon all of your minions.

Easy to gear. Null's does not need to be a 6 link and works really well on just a 5 link.

Budget to make. Null's, Victario's Influence and Speaker's Wreath are cheap items to buy and functions well without enchants.

CONS

While summoner AI has been buffed in recent 3.0 hotfixes its still a summoner.

Requires you to be in range of your minions to effect them with your auras.

No Fortify due to bow build.

No MoM due to low mana left after auras.

But How Does it Work?

We have all of our minion links inside of out Null's bow so when we kill with out main attack set up it will automatically summon our minions inside the bow, unlike other "Cast When" skills this will trigger all spells at once, so one kill with spawn one Raging Spirit and also one Animate Weapon if a weapon is in range.

We use 2 Worm flasks as cannon fodder to trigger Raging Spirits at the start of zones or maps to start our ramp, it is also used when we want extra corpses for Flesh Offering and keeping our minions topped up.

Path Of Building Breakdown

https://pastebin.com/v4DcFjiS

Passive Tree

http://poeurl.com/bzya

Required Items

Null's is how this build summon's its minions, a 5 link is enough for both Raging Spirits and Animate weapon to breeze through maps. The 6th socket can be Flesh offering and this allows for auto flesh offering on kill. Alternatively you can use Minion Damage and self cast Flesh Offering.

Speaker's Wreath was brought in with patch 3.0, and this is what allows us to use to skip using culling strike. By using Elemental Focus in our minion links our minions can never get a kill by themselves.

Victario's Influence allows us to run 2 50% auras and also support them by a high level generosity. This is what provides all the power to our summons. With this item and 2 aura clusters we get from the tree we can run 3 50% auras.

Other Gear

Like a lot of traditional summoners, our gear focuses on life + resistances. We use a single ring with added cold crafted to Trigger EE as this is a big buff vs bosses.

One thing that I have been trying to craft is Essence of Fear Rings, Amulet and Quiver, this gives up to 30% movement speed for minions on each gear roll, this is a huge buff to clear speed. Example gear in my videos above are as such:

(Note all of this gear is not specifically made for this character and is just gear I had for testing this concept)

Main Links

Inside of Nulls: Summon Raging Spirits - Animate Weapon - Elemental Focus, Melee Splash/Multistrike, Elemental Damage with Weapons - minion Damage/Flesh Offering

Minion damage for when you want to have more damage and Flesh offering if you want a more streamlined mapping experience.

For our main attack set up I use: Split Arrow - Chain - Onslaught

This set up allows us to have a low mana cost killing set up, provide us with onslaught to speed up our clear speed.

CWDT set up: CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Vaal Haste

This set up is pretty self explanatory.

Other Skills:
Blink arrow - Faster attacks (Movement skills)
Convocation - Faster casting (Minion summon / Minion regen)
Haste ( Speed buff for us and minions)

Harbinger Character's Gear

I Hope you like this concept and will give it a try, I plan to remake this character in Harbinger league with specifically crafted gear for this character.

Please feel free to leave a message with any questions regarding this character.

Last edited by NotVikingBear on Oct 26, 2017, 10:40:11 AM
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2017, 5:09:55 PM
what is your mapping experience, what tier can you run smoothly?
"
what is your mapping experience, what tier can you run smoothly?

I've ran this up to T14 Maps as that's what maps I had lying around. If you're wanting to do meta mapping (shaped racecourse ect) it'll be perfect for it.
Last edited by NotVikingBear on Sep 26, 2017, 7:03:37 AM
Your char is different from PoB code, which is better?
PoB code is the goal. My current character is testing atm.
Guide updated with new "Gameplay" video and Added " Harbinger Character Gear"
How far could I get with a budget of 15c before I get more currency?
"
Quickfiree wrote:
How far could I get with a budget of 15c before I get more currency?

You can easily buy the core components for around 1c most of the currency would be linking the bow.

A 4 link would be Animate Weapon - Raging Spirits - Ele focus - Melee splash
A 5 link Animate Weapon - Raging Spirits - Ele focus - Melee splash - Weapon Elemental Damage
Ok, I made some significant headway, spending 35 regrets and some Path of Building tinkering.

I’m interested in what you think of my version. If it does well enough I will post a separate guide and reference yours.

I can now start up relatively easily, clear with increasing speed, and kill the map boss. Shaped Mesa and Estuary so far.

You clued me in that the Onslaught skill gem exists, which is great except I can use a Silver Flask instead. Also you clued me in that I just don’t need Culling Strike at all. A stretch goal is to get a culling implicit corrupt Nulls.

Instead of Raging Spirits, I’m using skeleton warriors. I have 10 max. Instead of Anger and Wrath, I’m using Wrath (+ Generosity) and Haste (no generosity so it affects me and gives me the 20% Commander of Darkness bonus). This means my minions deal zero fire damage so they can’t ignite on crit. I have dropped the Elemental Focus gem!

Screwing around on Path of Building, it appears that with only Wrath aura I get the most minion damage via Added Lightning Damage and using Conductivity as my curse instead of Elemental Weakness. Maybe PoB is assuming I’m shocking mobs? Anyway, will figure out the minion calcs at some point.

I can have flat added fire and/or cold damage on my gear to proc Elemental Equilibrium.

Nulls: Animate Weapon + Summon Skeletons + Minion Damage + Physical to Lightning + Melee Splash, Flesh Offering in lone socket

I swap Melee Splash with Multistrike before bosses. The boss lasts a good 30seconds but I have enough weapons that around 10 finish him off. This is where a culling strike gem could be in inventory to swap for Faster Attacks.

Chest: Split Arrow + Faster Attacks + Curse on Hit + Conductivity + Poacher’s Mark + Item Quantity

I am trying Poacher’s Mark because it does a lot of things I want. Flask charges, life and mana on Hit, and even though I have Resolute Technique the lower evasion I believe is doing strong work helping minion accuracy which is almost impossible to scale. There are Shaper-killing SRS builds using that Lycodisae Shield with Necromantic Aeigs solely because it gives minions “hits can’t be evaded” so I know it can be a huge deal especially on high level monsters.

The colors work where I can swap in Temporal Chaijs and Enfeeble curses if I’m more afraid of the boss/map killing my minions with say tons of AoE damage.

The best DPS option I believe would be Conductivity + Elemental Weakness, but bosses have reduced curse effect and the maps clear fast enough that I’d rather have extra Flask charges from Poacher’s Mark.

I’m considering trying to use a 6Link Cloak of Tawm’r Isley. This lets minions blind enemies and animate Magic. It has the funny wrinkle that a weapon with a fire roll can kill monsters, but maybe it’s still amazing.
Last edited by NorrYtt on Oct 2, 2017, 2:33:17 AM
"
I’m interested in what you think of my version. If it does well enough I will post a separate guide and reference yours.

Sure.

"
You clued me in that the Onslaught skill gem exists, which is great except I can use a Silver Flask instead. Also you clued me in that I just don’t need Culling Strike at all. A stretch goal is to get a culling implicit corrupt Nulls.

I prefer to use the gem as I don't have many flask slots as I use 2 worm flasks, culling corruption would be nice on bosses but for general mapping its not needed.

"
Instead of Raging Spirits, I’m using skeleton warriors. I have 10 max. Instead of Anger and Wrath, I’m using Wrath (+ Generosity) and Haste (no generosity so it affects me and gives me the 20% Commander of Darkness bonus). This means my minions deal zero fire damage so they can’t ignite on crit. I have dropped the Elemental Focus gem!

That is one way to ensure they don't have any fire damage, Anger + wrath is a lot of damage which is why I've gone this route. The issues I have with skeletons is that they don't have much life, I haven't played with them so I'm not sure if they can keep up with 20/20 AW.

"
I swap Melee Splash with Multistrike before bosses. The boss lasts a good 30seconds but I have enough weapons that around 10 finish him off. This is where a culling strike gem could be in inventory to swap for Faster Attacks.

Ideally I should be doing this for bosses but i'm too lazy to be swapping gems around, you can just carry a second Null's bow in your weapon swap to do the same thing as long as it has the minion gem i the same socket.

"
I am trying Poacher’s Mark because it does a lot of things I want. Flask charges, life and mana on Hit, and even though I have Resolute Technique the lower evasion I believe is doing strong work helping minion accuracy which is almost impossible to scale. There are Shaper-killing SRS builds using that Lycodisae Shield with Necromantic Aeigs solely because it gives minions “hits can’t be evaded” so I know it can be a huge deal especially on high level monsters.

I haven't found accuracy to be a huge thing currently but maybe at higher levels, this might be something I look into later on. I am using a sharktooth quiver for the life on hit implicit for the same reason as Poacher's Mark.

Hope this answered some of your questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info