[3.1] Herald Bomber Cascade Assassin ❄️ Fast Clear Speed

I'm following your build and to be honest this is a very fun build. But I wonder why you choose to link Blade Flurry + CWC with Glacial cascade but not a 6L Glacial Cascade combo? I think you want to trigger the Storm Cascade but afaik it's only triggered once per channeling. Or is it the mana problem? Very nice build indeed. Thanks
Last edited by pro922004 on Sep 30, 2017, 11:51:53 AM
"
Nice build, I was wondering in what order do you take your ascendancy points, I've never played an assassin

Unstable Infusion > Deadly Infusion > Ambush > Assassinate
"
pro922004 wrote:
I'm following your build and to be honest this is a very fun build. But I wonder why you choose to link Blade Flurry + CWC with Glacial cascade but not a 6L Glacial Cascade combo? I think you want to trigger the Storm Cascade but afaik it's only triggered once per channeling. Or is it the mana problem? Very nice build indeed. Thanks

CwC can solve cast speed and mana problem.
Especially mana.
It's very serious.
One more question please. Why you choose GC instead of some higher cold damage skills like frostbolt or freezing pulse? Is it because of the bonus damage from Hatred that makes GC scales better in terms of dps? And How about dropping the cold conversions nodes from skill tree to put Physical to lightning gem in 6L?
"
pro922004 wrote:
One more question please. Why you choose GC instead of some higher cold damage skills like frostbolt or freezing pulse? Is it because of the bonus damage from Hatred that makes GC scales better in terms of dps? And How about dropping the cold conversions nodes from skill tree to put Physical to lightning gem in 6L?

GC can hit 2~3times against big enemy.
It's not weaker than Frostbolt/FreezingPulse.
I think GC+Hatred is most efficient.
Hatred can also improve Storm cascade damage.

Physical to Lightning has no synergy with Frostbomb and Pandemonius.
I think it's not good choice.
But cold conversion GC helm enchant will work well.
I didn't set it as default because unique helm+specific enchant is extremely hard to obtain.
"
solencen wrote:
"
pro922004 wrote:

GC can hit 2~3times against big enemy.
It's not weaker than Frostbolt/FreezingPulse.
I think GC+Hatred is most efficient.
Hatred can also improve Storm cascade damage.

Physical to Lightning has no synergy with Frostbomb and Pandemonius.
I think it's not good choice.
But cold conversion GC helm enchant will work well.
I didn't set it as default because unique helm+specific enchant is extremely hard to obtain.

Hi,
I think your build is very fun and I'm levelling an assassin just to try it.
If there is one thing that I hate in poe, is to lose too much passive points in travelling the tree ;)
and in your build, you travel a lot in two different directions.
I would like to use the GC helm enchant to convert the remaining part of the damage to cold.
Then, I would like to completely remove a branch from your passive tree, anything under Vaal Pact, and move futher into witch area, taking more power charges, and so on.
There are a bunch of interesting critical and multiplier nodes from witch tree;, but all reserved to crit/mult FOR SPELLS. My question is: what type of crit/multiplier do we need? Heralds cannot crit, are we using the spells for critting? If this is the case, then I will take them and I think we will waste way less passive points. If we need melee crit, they will not work.
Last edited by engharat on Oct 1, 2017, 6:30:08 AM
"
engharat wrote:
Hi,
what type of crit/multiplier do we need? Heralds cannot crit, are we using the spells for critting? If this is the case, then I will take them and I think we will waste way less passive points. If we need melee crit, they will not work.

Critical Strike chance/multiplier(Throatseeker,Heartseeker,True Strike etc)
Everything,include heralds.
Heralds can deal critical with base critical buff(Assassin/Ascendant passive,support gem,essence glove).
Herald build needs these type critical node.

Critical Strike chance/multiplier for spells(Annihilation,Arcane Potency,Doom cast etc)
Glacial Cascade,Storm Cascade only.
Heralds are not spell.
"
solencen wrote:
"
engharat wrote:
Hi,
what type of crit/multiplier do we need? Heralds cannot crit, are we using the spells for critting? If this is the case, then I will take them and I think we will waste way less passive points. If we need melee crit, they will not work.

Critical Strike chance/multiplier(Throatseeker,Heartseeker,True Strike etc)
Everything,include heralds.
Heralds can deal critical with base critical buff(Assassin/Ascendant passive,support gem,essence glove).
Herald build needs these type critical node.

Critical Strike chance/multiplier for spells(Annihilation,Arcane Potency,Doom cast etc)
Glacial Cascade,Storm Cascade only.
Heralds are not spell.

Good to know! I'm tempted to go for more "hybrid" glacial cascade / herald build, using the same items of you but trying to get more mana to sustain direct casting of GC. Anyway, I still don't know what would happen if herald of ice/thunder will crit less. Obiviously, if I need to cast spells to kill trash mobs the purpose of herald build will vanish.
Thanks for adding the ascendancy order, I'm level 60 now and I've got my helmet, I'm having a lot of fun with this build, thanks for posting it
Have you ever tried doing endgame bosses with this build Solencen? I feel like it lacks a bit of survivability for doing that. Run through t13-14 smoothly though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info