Hall of Grandmasters is very deceptive and lost alot of xp from it!

Hall of grandmasters being a tier: 9 map is very deceptive. When i can breeze through T11 maps I thought i can do a T:9 map but its near impossible. Im new to the game and this seem like a very dirty trick to get new players to lose half of their xp bar trying to do a tier: 9 map to get the atlas done.

also why is there PVP oriented stuff thrown in there when literally the rest of the atlas is PVE? I am extremely salty that i lost half of my level trying to do this T: 9 map.
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 5:24:49 AM
Hall of Grandmaster is one of the hardest map in PoE. You need to be carefull with unique maps, they are more challenging as normal maps of same tier (f.e. Death and Taxes or Poorjoy's).
"
Blade_Master wrote:
Hall of Grandmaster is one of the hardest map in PoE. You need to be carefull with unique maps, they are more challenging as normal maps of same tier (f.e. Death and Taxes or Poorjoy's).

I understand its hard and its a very unique map and idea. But they way it is designed seem like its a trap for new players who doesnt know what it is. They could easily make the map like atziri where you need fragments, or have a different way of opening the map to signal that its going not going to be like the other maps.

Or they could make it so you dont lose xp in there. I like the idea of the map, but right now i just feel like i got scammed/baited/tricked into losing half my xp bar and currency getting the map trying to unlock the 1% atlas.
I have two Halls of grandmaster maps sitting waiting on me to reach a point I feel comfortable doing them. the PVP scaling worries me a bit and that the exiles in it are based on star builds worries me even more
"
SimianJyhad wrote:
I have two Halls of grandmaster maps sitting waiting on me to reach a point I feel comfortable doing them. the PVP scaling worries me a bit and that the exiles in it are based on star builds worries me even more

If i knew this is what the map is, i wouldnt even have tried it at my level. I just assumed it was like other maps around T: 9.

I guess it is my fault for assuming things, but still GGG could have done something to warn new players before they try and attempt this. I've done 0 pvp so far and to be honest i didnt even know pvp existed so I had no idea something like this could be in the game
Some ppl payed a lot of money to be part of that map.
I guess, GGG didn't want to hide their chars behind a giant threashold.

I do get your point, but i think, you should have simply checked the Wiki.
PvP does exist in the game, outside of the bandits quest there is also a master that offers daily PvP quests and there is a PvP arena in Sarn. I don't PvP at all but I am aware of where it can be found if I wanted it.

btw: if you dont know, if you are teamed with someone doing the bandits quest and you vote differently on whether to kill or help a bandit then you are put fighting each other. there were some assholes for a while offering to help with bandits quest then purposely choosing a different option so they could surprise jump the unsuspecting person they had teamed with. Havent heard of it happening since the 3.0 patch so maybe those assholes found some new way to get their jollies
"
SimianJyhad wrote:
PvP does exist in the game, outside of the bandits quest there is also a master that offers daily PvP quests and there is a PvP arena in Sarn. I don't PvP at all but I am aware of where it can be found if I wanted it.

btw: if you dont know, if you are teamed with someone doing the bandits quest and you vote differently on whether to kill or help a bandit then you are put fighting each other. there were some assholes for a while offering to help with bandits quest then purposely choosing a different option so they could surprise jump the unsuspecting person they had teamed with. Havent heard of it happening since the 3.0 patch so maybe those assholes found some new way to get their jollies

I actually didnt know about this. thanks for the heads up.

I just started this game in this league so everything is still new to me. So i had no idea there was a master for pvp dailies since no ever advertise a rotation for pvp
mostly because the PvP segment of POE players is tiny. getting (leo I think) the PvP master maxed is a bitch due to that and almost nobody tries anyway since there is no profit in it. not like all the other masters you can encounter in the wild as well as get dailies from

EDIT: meant to say PvP is practically an afterthought even though there is also a race type for PvP called "cut throat" in which instances are shared with everyone in the race and you can kill each other and loot the person you kill
Last edited by SimianJyhad on Sep 22, 2017, 5:18:14 AM
"
HairyBotter wrote:
Some ppl payed a lot of money to be part of that map.
I guess, GGG didn't want to hide their chars behind a giant threashold.

I do get your point, but i think, you should have simply checked the Wiki.

You're right. I should have checked the wiki. But since i was clearing maps around that tier just fine, i thought i should be able to handle it. I was just caught very off guard with the pvp map just thrown into the atlas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info