invalid vector t subscript

when i open the game arises this error
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2018, 2:48:34 AM
I am also seeing this same error as of the last update. I also get a series of about 8 other errors followed by the crash of the PathOfExile_X64.exe and a prompt stating the DX11 client failed to start, do I want to start the DX9 client.

I've ran PackCheck.exe and it does not fix the error. Reports all Packs are in sync.
I got the same error today while I was switching my display. I changed from Desktop screen to only show the second screen and I got the error. https://imgur.com/a/NAH9B
The game did not stop working.
Last edited by Nikolam on Oct 7, 2017, 9:16:18 AM
Same here
Got this today as well during playing a map a while after a breach closed.
I guess it's either 1 or 48,000. Nothing in between, right?
"
Tagich wrote:
when i open the game arises this error
попробуй проверить, в какой порт вставлен шнур от монитора (в видеокарту или в системную плату). скорее всего срабатывает встроенный видеоадаптер, а на дискретная видеокарта
I've been getting this error as well only in the last few days. It seems to happen after I alt+tab in and out of the game a few times. After that error it then shows a number of errors about the resource count for what look like font files, and then I also get the final error saying that it failed to launch in DX11 mode, do I want to try DX9?

If I do launch in DX9 mode I get a slightly different error around that I can't remember right now... Will update if I get it again.
"
SinFIuxx wrote:
I've been getting this error as well only in the last few days. It seems to happen after I alt+tab in and out of the game a few times. After that error it then shows a number of errors about the resource count for what look like font files, and then I also get the final error saying that it failed to launch in DX11 mode, do I want to try DX9?

If I do launch in DX9 mode I get a slightly different error around that I can't remember right now... Will update if I get it again.

I have exactly the same problem here. wondering if it is because of updating windows. for me the game won't start again unless I reboot windows.
Last edited by akimi634 on Dec 6, 2017, 6:40:35 AM
This sounds suspiciously like something in Windows is reporting information differently to how it used to (though probably entirely in line with how it is documented to work), and PoE is getting all confused and crashing.

Thankfully, the next time you start the client PoE will automatically send the crash report to GGG, who can look to fixing it.

If you wanted to try work-arounds in the interim, I'd try the other DX mode (eg: 9, if you were 11, or 11 if you were 9), and possibly different modes (eg: fullscreen vs fullscreen-windowed), and see if any of that helps. The idea being that this might avoid the code path that has the crash in it while GGG fix the bug.
I'm having the exact same issue, alt-tabbing and then getting the "invalid vector <T> subscript" chain of error messages. Rebooting the computer fixes it, but it's quite annoying to have to reboot every time you need to alt-tab and google something.

Started after a Windows update

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info