Build of the Week: Dark Pact Necromancer

Not bad

Cool build. I enjoy watching nerf of the week.
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
After messing around with dp totem with my berserker dp self cast, I was blown away with the damage dp totem could do. Created a scion dp totem and that build is a beast. Incredible leveling speed and hope to do guardians by 80
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Exile009 wrote:
As for build diversity, this build literally did not exist prior to 3.0, because DP didn't exist before 3.0. Hence it represents an increase in said diversity of at least one, while not itself being responsible for killing off any other prior build. Hence more diversity.

What.

Think about what you wrote, and consider why the overwhelming majority of people on this forum might disagree with your conclusion. (They do, by the way.)

Here's a hint: Almost no one buys into your premise that a non-viable (or no-longer-viable) skill is a genuine option. And without that premise, your conclusion completely falls apart.

"
As for your challenge...

1) If it's viable for high-level maps, why would it be unpopular? Unless it's obscenely expensive, in which case people would criticize them for that...

Because it would not be widely known. That's... kind of the point?

Unless the point is to show interesting but ultimately unviable builds? Is this what you are defending?

Or to show extremely popular (and also viable) builds? Is this what you are defending?

(Given the current state of PoE, there may be no other options, but the former is far more interesting than the latter.)

"
2) Have you forgotten that this is a series i.e. they would have to find a string of such builds to avoid people calling them out on such things on every post?
3) Building on 2), have you forgotten that they have a game to work on instead of searching through literally thousands of build guides to find something that might meet your (imprecise, btw) criteria?

What is imprecise about

1. Not widely known and popular (DP is both, both on and off totems), or
2. Not shitty

?

"
I don't think they can either, because it's a ridiculous expectation. Also don't think they have to.

In fact I agree with you that it is a ridiculous expectation. Or at least a difficult one. But not at all for the reasons you cite.

As for your other points, we will have to agree to disagree on subjective issues, but I really cannot believe that putting DP on a totem is any less intuitive or more mysterious than putting any other spell on a totem (you do realize that is the only function for which spell totem exists, right?), nor that a unique providing a reduction in curse effectiveness will immediately be seen as vendor food by new players, let alone players using Soul Mantle.

Sorry, but I don't find your defense of this as good BotW material to be particularly compelling. The entire point of BotW is showcase something which is interesting and new.* DP totem builds are neither.

*And viable, ideally--but an inability to do that probably speaks more to balance failures in 3.0 (and earlier) than anything else.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Sep 21, 2017, 10:30:57 PM
cool BD,great!
Till any use it and it geting nerfed cause dmg is not what it have to do !

If you not belive so check other meta builds in the past !
nice build but the jewel is op with 20 curses... and it equals fun nerf soon !

gg
If you not affraid of the Devil.. then you dont need a GOD !
sick build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info