[3.0] Harbinger LLSR Deathless Guardian using Shaper's Touch Aegis Aurora, HC viable

Yes that's right, I found a great use for Shapers Gloves! (also bringing back Aegis!). There is no RF in this Low Life build, only Scorching Ray. (because it limits too many map mods, and too many points used for regen)

This is a 3.0 Harbinger League build that is meant for clearing all content in the game easily with ANY map mods (including Hall of Grandmasters). Tank anything with max block/spell block, lots of armor and Aegis Aurora to regain any ES lost to the few attacks/spells that hit you. Plenty of videos to follow soon.

Path of Building code with my current setup: https://pastebin.com/p154HhXY
Or just use PoB import option with my acct name: Decryptor and char name: Dessleath

TL:DR Video build guide explanation!: https://youtu.be/VEuqLQTl0z8

Pros:
Spoiler

Hardcore viable! (not for me because I'm a casual player, aka not good lol)
Clear any map, with any mods in the game. (with a six link)
Very easy to play, just use Scorching Ray, watch your shield block everything and hit them with chain lightning, and move on after everything burned to death. No need to move out of the way of attacks, spells or explosions.
Can also be used as an aura support in party play fairly easily.

Cons:
Spoiler

The dps is not the focal point of this build, so its clear speed will not blow anyone away, but it gets the job done.
I cleared all guardians with a 5 link, but I would not recommend trying Shaper or Uber Atziri with a 5 link. (unless you are VERY experienced killing them)
I skip temp chains map mods, and reduced block on red maps, but only because I'm too lazy to manually move out of the way of monsters attacks lol.

Here's a shot of my defenses in my hideout (only aura's and tempest shield up)
Spoiler

With Rumi's or Bastion of Hope up, I have 78/78 block/spell block, but "only"" 69/69 without them.

Gear and gem links:
Here are links to my current gear setup, which is very near to as good as I can get it without buying obsurdly overpriced GG items.

(Note: I put Blood Magic + enlighten + auras in my gloves because they have +1 socketed gems from corruption, if your gloves do not have this exact corruption, then you must switch the blood magic gem setup into your helm (The Vertex) since it naturally has +1 gems on it, and the gems from helm into your gloves)
Spoiler

Gear explanation:
Spoiler

Helm: The Vertex because its very good ES and chaos resist, the +1 gems also makes putting two 35% mana reserve aura's on life much easier and cheaper. I bought an enchanted Tempest Shield +3 chains vertex and it really makes for a fun show watching everything get chain lightninged, procs EE and can sometimes shock monsters.

Body Armor: Shavronne's Wrappings, because low life for the dps. solaris lorica could also be used but getting 4 blue on it would be tough i think. but in theory could work decently if you can't get a shavs for some reason.

Gloves: Shaper's Touch is best in slot for this build! (bought my perfect rolled +1 gems shaper gloves for 15 chaos lol, they are dirt cheap). They give more ES than perfect rolled sorcerer gloves, and they give a ton of armor, and also other smaller benefits like evasion. If you don't believe me, use the PoB code to look at the stats they give me. 30 strength nodes give more ES than a 6% ES node because of these gloves.

Shield: Aegis Aurora, because it makes our build shine. It's so much fun just standing still burning things and tanking everything the game can dish out and laughing at it all.

Boots: Rare ES boots, look for good resists and move speed. They are cheaper now because people think ES is dead LUL.

Weapon: Can use Doryani's catalyst, but a rare Void Sceptre can be better and cheaper, which is why I'm using my current weapon with 145% total damage on it.

Amulet: The Anvil, because +8% block chance and +3 max block is perfect for this build, also the 30 strength and nice armor are great. but if you want to ruin the build, go ahead and use a rare amulet with damage on it.

Jewels:
5x Reckless Defense (they don't have to be 4% block, 3% is fine)
I only used 4 Reckless defense until I made it to red maps, then I went to 5 (for the max spell block)
Energy From Within: perfect spot for it is above witch area (next to alchemist)
Healthy Mind: surprisingly I found this gave better ES than another Energy from Within at the spot I have it. (which is next to Pain Attunement)
1 rare jewel: with the best mods u can find. (burning, fire, and spell damage with shield are best)

Flasks:
Rumi's Concoction: Makes our build have 78% block and 78% spell block and gives a great armor boost, so it is pretty good :D
Witchfire Brew: good damage boost and I have room for it.
Granite with antifreeze: because another way to increase armor for Aegis heals is good.
Sulphur: another damage slot, made mine antibleed because it stores 3 uses.
Quicksilver: also antifreeze, freeze doesn't kill me, but stopping me from burning things is annoying.
(could also uses an amethyst flask, can always use more chaos resist depending on the situation)

Rings:
Rare unset ring: with +2 or +3 gems and resists as needed. Put Discipline here. strength and dex are both great too.
Rare ring with resists and dex/str as u want. because shaper gloves make strength OP AF.
(strength gives ES and armor, which is exactly what this build wants.)

Belt: rare Crystal belt with armor, ES and resists as needed. also high strength is a great bonus. cheaper now, but still pretty expensive for good ones.

BANDITS: Take the 2 points and kill 'em all! lol

Pantheon Notes:
The pantheon gives this build a very important node: Soul of Solaris, upgrade this node fully because it is all very useful, the "take no extra damage from crits if u were crit recently" upgrade is very important because of the 5 reckless defense jewels that are used.
The lesser nodes I use are either Soul of Abberath (because DoT is the weakness of this build) or Soul of Yugol upgraded for the reduced cold damage taken.

Passive Trees:
Ascendancy Points:
Spoiler

1:radiant faith
2:unwavering faith
3:bastion of hope
4:Time of Need

Recommended Lvl 70 tree:
Spoiler

Current Tree (lvl 94):
Spoiler

lvl 100 tree goal:
Spoiler

Gems Explanation:
Spoiler

The gems setup should be pretty self explanatory really.
I used the gems that gave SR the most dps.
Aura's are all 3 purities, determination, discipline, and clarity, which should surprise no one.
Tempest shield is great for this build, I got the +3 chains helm enchant recently and it makes it so much fun. Its just for procing EE and a little bonus damage, because I found orb of storms is better for procing Elemental Overload still, which made me sad.
I use rallying cry and flame golem to get every bit of dps I can get.
I tried dropping orb of storms for just tempest shield, but couldn't because orb is still best at procing Elemental Overload, and now also arcane surge.
Leap slam with fortify when u need to jump in or out of harms way.

VIDEOS of the build in action:

Shaper Kill video:
https://youtu.be/SAIeHLxk7zE

My first ever Uber Atziri attempt:
https://youtu.be/HXVe1s-g0T4

T16 Minotaur video: run was on a 5 link
https://youtu.be/_A--xPei9io

T16 3 Guardians Bosses and Core bosses compilation:
https://youtu.be/McaA2XhGnCs

New Pale Council encounter video:
https://youtu.be/JqP8LJ7Orfc

Hall of Grandmasters video:
https://youtu.be/U0xJ2GMSi0M
Spoiler

I make a few minor changes to gems for this map. I take out Determination, put lvl 13 clarity on life, and move purity of light off life onto mana. I also replace flame golem with Reckoning, since my golem is useless in here. thats about it.

Last edited by decryptor on Nov 2, 2017, 10:45:55 AM
Last bumped on Jan 2, 2018, 10:56:55 AM
Nice, I was trying to build something like this character. Bombed pretty heavily as a Scion, simply didn't get enough armor to power the Aegis appropriately.
Could you by any chance tell me how you levelled with this character?
-JB-
My leveling was completely idiotic, don't do what I did. I changed this character a LOT as I developed and played it, the old tree was VERY different than it is now, and it was terrible.
(i used a +1 chaos gems wand with ED+contagion for a long time lol)
Would recommend just using a reasonable caster setup with decent lvling uniques and using firestorm or scorching ray. simple is good. I posted a good new passive tree link to shoot for at lvl 70, so that should help you.
At lvl 70 you should be fully operational with aegis, block, armor, and enough jewels, and with merciless lab done.
Thanks a lot!
-JB-
I thought i'd come back after levelling this build to 77 so far. REALLY enjoying it. My favorite i've made so far in Harbinger which is my 8th character. Its extremely tanky and super chill to play. I hopped right into t10 maps at 70 and had no issues with survivability which is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much for this build.... I'm thinking this might be my first ever 100 :)
-JB-
Hello, gonna try this build looks good :-)

ty
is an advancing fortress a viable weapon for the huge block and energy shield? or do i lose to much damage?
I had considered advancing fortress but dismissed it as losing too much damage. However I tried it out on PoB with my current gear and I went from a stage 1 66k dps to 52k, a 21% overall damage loss for me.
For me it's too much because I'm searching for more damage now, not more defense. I'm very satisfied with how much I can tank and take before moving or using flasks. But if you feel like your setup needs more defense to be comfortable for you, then it would not be the worst idea to use it for the hardest maps.
At the end of the day it always comes down to what makes the build comfortable for you to play.
Really nice build mate. Switched from LL SR/RF to test it. I'll stay like this. Less DPS but the defense is awesome.
Currently sitting at 90k dps stage 1 / 560k Stage 8 on scorching ray (no flask, just the debuff from EE)

Really enjoying this build !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info