[3.0]BLAM - Dark Pact Totem Ascendant Uber Atziri, Eternal Lab, Shaper and mapping viable.

Hi, thank you for the build, it's the strongest I played this league and it's fun ! I read that people had a hard time before lvl49. Strange because I was having 0 issue with the game below so let me just give my levelling strat :

1) lvl10 take Gorebreaker Spiked Club and play Sunder, it is very strong early game because of all the strength nodes the tree takes early. I played Sunder and Ancestral Protector up to lvl49, works flawlesslly.
2) Take a Tabula Rasa and put when possible this 6 link : Sunder - Ancestral Protector - Chance to bleed - Melee Splash - Maim - Melee Physical Damage. Works perfectly.
3) lvl 27 play Geofri's Baptism Brass Maul, it ups the damage quite a bit. A belt of the Deceiver is also a good pick to up the resists.
4) lvl49 as Dark Pact is so mana-consuming, pick a Shaper's Seed Agate Amulet, it will mitigate the mana drain.

I did that and -even though I died a few times due to carelessness- the levelling phase was unexpectedly simple.

This build is so easy to gear up and deals an insane amount of damage once you reach the Soul Mantle. I'm currently lvl65 and never had a problem through the game. The bosses melt so hard with a tri-trotem, curse immunity, you are reflect-immune and the resists are almost always capped through the whole game, awesome. No need to say that the playstyle is also incredibly safe. For average players like me it is a blast.

Anyway, thanks again, I love your build.
"
xVINCEREx wrote:
Hi, thank you for the build, it's the strongest I played this league and it's fun ! I read that people had a hard time before lvl49. Strange because I was having 0 issue with the game below so let me just give my levelling strat :

1) lvl10 take Gorebreaker Spiked Club and play Sunder, it is very strong early game because of all the strength nodes the tree takes early. I played Sunder and Ancestral Protector up to lvl49, works flawlesslly.
2) Take a Tabula Rasa and put when possible this 6 link : Sunder - Ancestral Protector - Chance to bleed - Melee Splash - Maim - Melee Physical Damage. Works perfectly.
3) lvl 27 play Geofri's Baptism Brass Maul, it ups the damage quite a bit. A belt of the Deceiver is also a good pick to up the resists.
4) lvl49 as Dark Pact is so mana-consuming, pick a Shaper's Seed Agate Amulet, it will mitigate the mana drain.

I did that and -even though I died a few times due to carelessness- the levelling phase was unexpectedly simple.

This build is so easy to gear up and deals an insane amount of damage once you reach the Soul Mantle. I'm currently lvl65 and never had a problem through the game. The bosses melt so hard with a tri-trotem, curse immunity, you are reflect-immune and the resists are almost always capped through the whole game, awesome. No need to say that the playstyle is also incredibly safe. For average players like me it is a blast.

Anyway, thanks again, I love your build.

This is not a bad idea, I guess a lot of us try to stick to casting spells and thats where we make our mistake, but what you're saying makes a lot of sense and is likely worth a go for anyone trying to level the build :)

Looking for a change from my starforge cycloner (killed shaper this morning on him), but i need a change from melee. The build concept and gameplay looks solid. Looking forward to testing the build on shaper:)

Will post updates and questions along the way (if i have any issues).

Not sure if the OP is following the thread, but if you are tnx for the guide, did cruel/merc and uber at 51/63/67 respectively, currently just started mapping and wow is all i can say.

Just waiting to put my end game boots on and amulet then its time to steam roll to shaper.

Edited for uber lab input.
Last edited by matthew24906793 on Oct 10, 2017, 12:36:10 PM
"
Not sure if the OP is following the thread, but if you are tnx for the guide, did cruel/merc and uber at 51/63/67 respectively, currently just started mapping and wow is all i can say.

Just waiting to put my end game boots on and amulet then its time to steam roll to shaper.

Edited for uber lab input.

I am indeed! sometimes the forum notifies me for replies and sometimes it doesnt, but I check back every now and then to make sure. the fact that labs can be cleared so fast has put me in a position where I always try to do the labs way too soon, sometimes with extremely timewastey results :P If you are well versed with the Shaper fight its actually possible without Tukohama's fortress if you use the boss fighting tweaks.

On another note I have actually kept most of this character's gear in tact as its a good way to bail out my other characters if I try something thats too tough for them :P.
I tend to sell up and move on when im done with a build, this build is quite literally amazing, so much dmg and effective mitigation. Started into red maps and i'm that comfortable im wearing a bisco's amulet lol.

Only died a few times which were down to server lag and once by my over confidence but i have to say 10/10 for the build. Looked at a couple of other dark pact totem build's but this appealed to me the most and i can say im really glad i did choose this build.

i did manage to pick up a pair of temp chain gloves which makes things alot smoother.
"
I tend to sell up and move on when im done with a build, this build is quite literally amazing, so much dmg and effective mitigation. Started into red maps and i'm that comfortable im wearing a bisco's amulet lol.

Only died a few times which were down to server lag and once by my over confidence but i have to say 10/10 for the build. Looked at a couple of other dark pact totem build's but this appealed to me the most and i can say im really glad i did choose this build.

i did manage to pick up a pair of temp chain gloves which makes things alot smoother.

I'm typically the same, but with this build I could'nt bring myself to even recolour the chest for a different build for about a month or so, its just so useful for cleaning up other character's messes.

Yea, the nice thing about the amulet slot in the build is that bloodgrip is only necessary in situations where you are actually taking damage all the time, otherwise bisco's can be used without impacting the build much at all, so no matter what you're doing, if you find you don't need to heal you can just pop on a bisco's and keep going.

I typically die when I start to get lazy during shaper/guardians or other boss fights :P

Lastly temp chains gloves are really awesome for the build, especially since the level of temp chains really doesn't affect the bonus damage we gain from it at all, im still very pleased with the pair I bought early on for about 20c. If you come across any improvements I'd love to hear about them since theres a strong possibility I'll try it again even if it gets nerfed :).
I was able to pick up a new pair of temp chain gloves which were 2r 2b for 10c O-o so i went with the following:

Gloves - Wither totem for boss fights

Boots - Blight set up for general speed clearing (3 link set up, 4th socket is clarity)

Weapon - CWDT set up with Molten shell and Lighting Golem

I went with this set up as i find it more easier to just pop a wither totem then i could then concentrate on dodging. Watched you clip when you used blight and it does feel quicker with general clearing.

Edited to change lighting golem set up to add CWDT and Molten shell.
Last edited by matthew24906793 on Oct 12, 2017, 4:52:24 AM
If you're using a wither totem I can recommend trying it in your helm and switching guardian ascendant node for hierophant, my tweaks video explains the cost of doing this but you basically gain an extra totem during boss fights, its important to note that if you want to use searing bond on top of all that then it too must be socketed in your helm :)
Totally forgot about that, i will look into doing that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info