Defenses are So bad!!!

I can't play this game anymore.

I'm sick and tired of trying to get any other defense to work. It seems VP is truly the only valid options. GGG sucks at balance.

Every time I start to think about playing again. I start thinking about how to make a build. And When I think about Defenses... Well nothing comes to mind that will work. Well except glass cannon. The game sucks that way. And I am sick and tired of proving it over and over again. Just to have trolls say that armor is perfect.

Goodbye GGG. Your, constant nerfing of defenses stats patch, after patch. And your constant Damage creep, only shows your lack of commitment to build diversity. While others want to blame VP as the problem. Your real issue is you don't care about defenses to begin with.

VP only works because damage will continue to creep up. As you guys don't care to even think about bringing damage and defenses inline with each other. Your total lack of consideration for current builds, makes standard more of a pain then a real mode. You don't care about how you effect current characters, and never will.

It is clear you don't like your player base. You lock them out of the game for Forum Post!!! You guys don't really care about feedback. I have yet to see you guys actually use any of it! The reason your still in business is do to the lack of competition. D3 was an utter failure. Grim Dawn isn't that great either. Your still here because your the best of the worse. In my opinion D2 is still better then all the current titles. Heck your not even better then D1.

Yet GGG will keep introducing new OP skills. And nerfing defenses. And people will continue to stupidly blame VP for it. Just watch them nerf HP next. To try and get people to use other defensive stats instead. The game is getting worse each patch. And unless GGG keep making amazing leagues to cover this up. People will start noticing.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Sep 11, 2017, 1:33:43 PM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 8:37:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I, can, only, focus, on, 1, thing, in, this, post.
The trend of nerfs is because they need a tool to fight the accumulation of power creep, which comes in massive proportions patch after patch. Players have to die somehow, you know.
GGG have no other choice, being pigeonhold in the short-term league cycles they trapped themselves in, related to certain business practices. It's what feeds a family, though.

I don't say this to excuse anyone, but experts in the balance team really got few options left.
Love it or leave it, but don't expect of it to change - league after league game gets cluttered with imbalanced items, skills, and whole mechanics. Their approach is not to balance these properly, and it's probably impossible, but to make players weaker instead.

On a side note - stick to max block builds, it's the only reliable form of defense (for now).
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Miská wrote:
I, can, only, focus, on, 1, thing, in, this, post.

This shit is killing me. LMAOOOO

Also, there is a spec that is very popular right now that doesn't use vaal pact, and is arguably among the tankiest being played atm... Righteous Fire. Relies entirely on life regen. Which means no Vaal Pact... Shit, if you want to go high end, I'm playing around with an ES based RF character... no Vaal Pact, no leech at all actually. Just high defenses and regen. And it is the tankiest character I've probably ever played.
U MAD?
I expected some trolls by now. I guess they are busy on other threads...

Anyhow; I tried RF in the past. Got sick of trying to get it to work. Map mods suck. Just to list a few that make RF un-fun to play:
  • 20%, 40%, and 60% less life regen, and even no life regen map mods...
  • -(8-5)%, and -(12-9)% maximum resistances.
  • curses (such as elemental weakness, Vulnerability). Ya I know you can over cap for EW, but it makes the build harder to get started.

Maybe this patch made it better... But ya. Maybe if there were less map mods. You know ones that didn't feel like they are targeting a build. Then I might consider it.

But GGG kind of suck that way. At least in my opinion. And people don't seem to care about map mods as much as me. Maybe because I don't like to spend so much time looking at each mod to make sure I can run a map or not. I find it tedious and annoying to do. Most mods are not fun or interesting. They simply suck for the most part.

I really think many things need to be reworked. And have pointed them out on the forums from time to time. But the lack of defenses options really got to be my biggest pet pev. But GGG doesn't seem to care about any of that stuff. And in my opinion it should be the top of their list. And I feel like it has only ever been an after thought to them. It's annoying as crap.

If a defenses is working... And people are using it. Then GGG are going to nerf it in the next patch. That's what they do. So I am pretty sure I'm done with this game. It's not like they will say anything about it either. And even if they do; it will be lies or false promises they can't keep. So fuck them.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Sep 11, 2017, 9:29:32 PM
ED Casters don't rely on VP.... and it's still strong....
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Also, there is a spec that is very popular right now that doesn't use vaal pact, and is arguably among the tankiest being played atm... Righteous Fire. Relies entirely on life regen. Which means no Vaal Pact... Shit, if you want to go high end, I'm playing around with an ES based RF character... no Vaal Pact, no leech at all actually. Just high defenses and regen. And it is the tankiest character I've probably ever played.

I must agree life regeneration builds are wonderful.

---

OP, if you truly think that all defenses are so bad and you need RF to survive, I challenge you to try out my Scionic Flametank.

EDIT: The "and you need RF to survive" was directed to the RF discussion and a brainfart.

The only no-go mod is no regeneration. Everything else is doable, though it must be said that 60% less recovery maps requires the player to pay attention and can be prohitively dangerous on T14/T15 maps if coupled with some of the nastiest other mods.

It doesn't have the damageoutput of a high damage build, because that is not the focus of the build, but it is very, very, tanky because it combines a solid regeneration base and high ES (for 3.0, that is*) with abusing multiple ES recovery bonuses and throws ES leech on top of that.

In practice you end up recovering around 70% of maxES/s during intense fights against groups of enemies and 50-60% of maxES/s against single bosses without friends around (the larger the boss, the higher the recovery) so long as you remain stationary flaming, and if you need to spend a second or two repositioning during combat or avoiding a nasty telegraphed attack it will still recover a bit more than 50% maxES/s in the group fights and 35-40% maxES/s in the boss fights without adds while you are moving around.

* I am currently at 13.4k maxES with a Scion at level 92 using mostly T2 gear. While far from the heights of ES possible pre-3.0, that's still pretty high.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Sep 12, 2017, 11:57:24 AM
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
OP, if you truly think that all defenses are so bad and you need RF to survive, I challenge you to try out my Scionic Flametank.

Who needs RF to survive? RF hurts your tankiness; not help you survive. It is a skill that sacrifices some of your tankiness for DMG. Clearly you don't know what RF is. I challenge to understand what I am saying before you challenge me to anything else.

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
The only no-go mod is no regeneration. Everything else is doable, though it must be said that 60% less recovery maps requires the player to pay attention and can be prohitively dangerous on T14/T15 maps if coupled with some of the nastiest other mods.

Again you miss my point. "NO-GO MODS" are a bad design! I hate them. And I find them Annoying. I would rather make a build that doesn't care what the mod is. And the only valid way to do that is glass cannon. yay the shitiness of POE builds.

To be honest I don't think you understood a thing I said. Hence my trouble on these forums. Please don't give me suggestions. I do know the game better then most. Though undoubted there are others who know more then me. Clearly your not one of them.
Totems don't care about any map mode. I am constantly vaaling all tier 15 and 16 maps I run, never had any problems.
"
TheLockedGuy wrote:

Who needs RF to survive? RF hurts your tankiness; not help you survive. It is a skill that sacrifices some of your tankiness for DMG. Clearly you don't know what RF is. I challenge to understand what I am saying before you challenge me to anything else.

I do know what RF is - I messed up answering two different posts, for which I apologise.

"

Again you miss my point. "NO-GO MODS" are a bad design! I hate them. And I find them Annoying. I would rather make a build that doesn't care what the mod is. And the only valid way to do that is glass cannon. yay the shitiness of POE builds.

Indeed. If your point is that it is bad design when builds can encounter something they cannot deal with, such as no-go mods, since you only want to play builds that can deal with everything and you've only found one type that does that, then I have completely misunderstood your complaints in the OP: You are not complaining about defenses being bad, but about the designers having a different design vision than you do.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Sep 12, 2017, 12:30:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info