[3.0] Skele Mage / Wickerman Necromancer! Life/MoM - Safe Fast Clear - Great Single Target!

"
Wreckson wrote:
This seems like a very cool build but what about the ascendancy nodes for someone who hasn't messed around with necromancers before? Are they the standard nodes in every necro build or have you made some changes?

Somewhat yes. Since I utilize zombies for meatshields I pick up Flesh Binder for the physical damage reduction bonus, although Beacon of Corruption is fine too if you want/need the chaos res for you and your minions, and everytime you recast your skeles that counts as dying so they leave a degen effect, but it's damage isn't really noticable.
I love pie.
B
I love pie.
Hey, gonna try this build out, thanks.
What Bandits & Pantheons did you choose?

Also the jewel you use - From Dust, is it supposed to be TO Dust jewel?
Last edited by KingCaracticus on Sep 29, 2017, 7:20:21 AM
"

Also the jewel you use - From Dust, is it supposed to be TO Dust jewel?

From what I understand, he's using From Dust, not to boost skellies dmg but to be able to resummon faster. With From Dust and the spell echo from Pledge, you summon 6 skellies on the same cast, saving loads of mana and time of summoning: assuming 9 skellies, you can get them in 2 casts.

I'm leveling now a character with this. Its ridiculously fun, but IDK how well will I manage with only a 5l Pledge. My chest is 6l tho, so my wickermen will probably melt everything they find.
I used a 5l pledge until 92 or 93, can't remember. My wickers are in a 5L as well, and never die during mapping, and they add damage, and tankiness. Wickers damage starts to degen mobs before skeles start casting, so it just synergizes well. I keep the wickers on conc effect since they run right into packs anyway, this way I dont need to mess with conc gem swap for bosses.
I love pie.
Question tho. How much did it take to get 3g (or 2g) on the Pledge? I ripped my entire batch of chromes trying to do it...
"
KairoStark wrote:
Question tho. How much did it take to get 3g (or 2g) on the Pledge? I ripped my entire batch of chromes trying to do it...

2g isnt bad, 3g can take 600+ or so. I use the 2g vorici for the 3g, but I like faster projectiles for mapping. My damage is already more than enough and faster projectiles makes maps go by faster.
I love pie.
Hey,

been following this guide for it's good balance on minions used and it's going well so far.

I have a question I hope you can answer for Skeletons. In POB, the damage of the skeletons is minimal from levels 1 to 19 and jumps up significantly at level 20. Is this true or is POB just not updated properly for levels 1 to 19? What was your experience levelling them?

Like at level 17 right now, I get about 3.1k dps per mage, level 18 is 3.4k, level 19 3.7k, then level 20, 14.1k. This doesn't seem normal, but if it's true, I'm going to go buy a level 20 gem right away and not wait until I level mine.

Thanks!
"
Namcap wrote:
Hey,

been following this guide for it's good balance on minions used and it's going well so far.

I have a question I hope you can answer for Skeletons. In POB, the damage of the skeletons is minimal from levels 1 to 19 and jumps up significantly at level 20. Is this true or is POB just not updated properly for levels 1 to 19? What was your experience levelling them?

Like at level 17 right now, I get about 3.1k dps per mage, level 18 is 3.4k, level 19 3.7k, then level 20, 14.1k. This doesn't seem normal, but if it's true, I'm going to go buy a level 20 gem right away and not wait until I level mine.

Thanks!

I use PoB sometimes, but for skeles I haven't. What I can say is that gem level is almost always important for spells/summon skills (with Spectres being on the lower end of the benefit spectrum). For skeletons, levels directly ups their base damage so levels are a huge factor. a 21/20 skeleton gem is something to strive for as it will help your dps a lot. However, gem level is not enough of a factor to use empower in any slot for skeletons.
I love pie.
Lab order?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info