0.9.6e Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:
...until we enter Open Beta. That's at least six weeks away.

You guys are amazing me one after another! I'd never expected it to be really such close now!
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
GGG srsly you ant release game to open beta in 6 weeks?

- without player to player trade system
- without organized trade system (website or ingame AH)
- without 1/3 of promised 100 skills
- without any "real" support gems besides couple exceptions (mult projectiles)
- without placeholders mobs and only two types of mobs in game (meele swarmers and ranged swarmers)
- without endgame at all
- without no real threatening boss figths
- with not complete itemization and with only 50 unique items
- without many other things and with overall tendency to release patches "two weeks" :) after first ETA?
- geezz we dont even have chat that works without pissing user :)

SRSLY? Ot its type mistake or smth? I dont see open beta for this game even in 3 months (with current patching speed).

Rush game now to release before D3 and you will fail anyway because you have heavily unfinished product.

Finish and polish game and release it to public two month after D3 release and you'll have chance on HnS market and t attract ppl that will be bored and dissapointed with D3 and they dont like the cartoony style of Torchlight 2.

Damn now srsly i want to read new Beta Manifest and patch schedule. I also know that someone may find this post offensive (fanboys) but sry - state of the game is exacly as above.

PS. By "open beta" i understand - "anyone can register and play without keys" - with F2P games this is often considered as "game launch" and often Item Shop is also launched despite that game is (in developers opinion) "in beta" state.
Most websites that review games also consider F2P Open Beta with Item Shop = Game Launch and normally make reviews of that kind of games no taking into account (when it comes to verdict) that developers claims its still a beta. If you will sell things - its not a beta.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Feb 20, 2012, 3:58:34 AM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
-snip-

If you'd like to be taken seriously try stepping your grammar up a notch, also bear in mind that it would still be a "beta" phase, just open to more testers. Hence no real rush on features, as nice as some would be to have.

There appears to be a serious sense of gamer entitlement in your post and that is what offends me (and probably others) more than your odd jumble of words.
CainMarko - 1H Mace+Shield Marauder
The Juggernaut: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/20556
Last edited by sibbechai on Feb 20, 2012, 4:10:00 AM
I honeslty dont care what offends you and what do you think about my grammar. English ist my native language so dont be so grammar nazi prick. Thx.
Im member of many english seaking forums and i know that my english is perfectly understandable - so..... /care.

And If YOU would to be taken seriously try next time make a post ON TOPIC and not about my humble person. THX x2.

I ask for GGG response not for your worthless, personal offensive post. THX x3

And if your think that my concerns about game are not valid and that release this game to wieder audience in 6 weeks isnt a sad joke, feel free to write post with arguments and polemics next time (it will be rather hard because you join forums yesterday and you dont know anything about this game and how finished the game is).
BTW. "its still a beta" isnt valig argument - because for F2P game Open Beta = Launch and srsly nobody cares about developers PR talk then.
Until that i must please you to not respond to my posts my dear "my grammar is better" forum-mate.

Last edited by Kabraxis on Feb 20, 2012, 4:33:16 AM
Hey Chris, not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, but is the Beta Manifesto going to be updated pre 0.9.7?
IGN: Gunninferrit
"
Kabraxis wrote:
-snip-

Uh oh, I seem to have struck a nerve.
CainMarko - 1H Mace+Shield Marauder
The Juggernaut: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/20556
"
sibbechai wrote:
"
Kabraxis wrote:
-snip-

Uh oh, I seem to have struck a nerve.

Uh oh, four posts and two of them are rumors spreading and asking things that are discussed countless times on this forums (use 'search' luke it should not hurt too much) and other two are personal flame attempts.

You are certainly valuable addition to this beta and this community. Uh, oh.....

Just stop whatever you doing plz. Or make another topic to do so - this topic is too important for your weak flame attacks and posts with zero substantive value.

Thank You.
Open Beta in 6 weeks? Like Kabraxis said that will be fail.
Before Open Beta (even if u dont plan to add real cash shop on that stage) make that game almost finished with full content (end game+ bosses), trade system , Ah and so on and so on...
Most of the ppl will judge that game acording to what they saw in open beta..
Very bad marketing move that would be.
@Kabraxis

- Open beta will be a real beta which is going to miss some features.

- Open beta means the last character wipe and anyone can join, in GGG's opinion.

Edit: It seems you miss the most important feature in your list. PvP. It's the another half of these games. And this post shouldn't necessarily mean I disagree or agree with you. I'm just sharing some basic information.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Last edited by permaximum on Feb 20, 2012, 6:20:11 AM
You also seem to miss that Chris says "That's at least six weeks away." It doesn't mean we'll enter open beta in six weeks. It means if everything goes absolutely according to GGG's plans then we might enter open beta by then but it's probably more likely to be around 10 weeks (my estimate). Furthermore there's nothing saying they can't speed up the patching process.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info