[3.0][HC] The Lazy Gladiator (Hidden potential max block + bleed leaguestarter)

"
ETPETETE wrote:
Thanks. What kind of shield should I look for right now ? rare with phys?

Don't worry about that until you start using hidden potential. You generally want to look for a shield like the one i mentioned on the first post of the thread (phys. damage%, life roll, at least 30% total block), or craft one with just life and block (again try to get at least 30% block, you'll need a +5-6% chance to block roll on most shields for that).

Edit: Added tips for new players in the original post. Might add some more info later.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 14, 2017, 1:09:15 AM
Here is another video of me clearing a t10 malformation map without attacking. This map includes a breach and the boss fight on a 0-link i guess? I am showcasing how strong enfeeble, the bleed, the explosions and the counter-attacks are, while also having a lot of fun doing it. Enjoy.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Added an insanely hard 8 mod t15 map. In this map i showcase why a very high health buffer is needed, even if you have a lot of block. I guess it also shows why people prefer ranged rather than melee builds in this game; running in circles around bosses makes them impossible to hit you at range. In melee range that's another story.

Oh, and i guess there is another lesson in this. Don't run maps like these in hardcore. Comparatively, i've run a t15 beachhead and my hp pool didn't even move there. I wish GGG would remove the requirement to corrupt red maps in order to get the atlas bonus as it creates a lot of borderline unplayable maps, especially in hardcore.

Not sure what i am gonna be doing from now on. The character is pretty much done. I can either keep running insane maps like these and post them here until the char dies, run beachheads and sleep my way through to lvl 100 or just play something else. Decision, decisions...
I'm playing thru the game with this build checking it out, have not gotten the mace yet, but I have to say I'm loving this build. I have one question tho, Would it be viable to use shield charge as your Main attack and Earthquake as a CWDT or COC etc etc?

uhh, yeah. I think this is my new favorite build!!!
Last edited by Killthenoise131 on Sep 17, 2017, 6:00:44 AM
Yeah thanks a bunch for the build. Almost at 70 and Kitava. Prolly will switch to the Jewel aswell for Kitava. I used from 56 to 60 Death's Hand which was pretty cool and it's pretty cheap aswell. Really can recommend it if you got an alch left.

"
I'm playing thru the game with this build checking it out, have not gotten the mace yet, but I have to say I'm loving this build. I have one question tho, Would it be viable to use shield charge as your Main attack and Earthquake as a CWDT or COC etc etc?

uhh, yeah. I think this is my new favorite build!!!

Shieldcharge is really awkward to use as a main skill, especially for bosses. You can certainly try it and judge for yourself, all you need to do is replace reduced duration for /faster attacks/fortify/increased aoe/ concetrated effect and earthquake for shieldcharge. It could get you to early red maps but i doubt you'll like it at maps higher than that.

About your other questions, CWDT doesn't work with attacks (Earthquake is an attack) and COC only works when you crit, which this build never does because of Resolute technique.

"
ETPETETE wrote:
Yeah thanks a bunch for the build. Almost at 70 and Kitava. Prolly will switch to the Jewel aswell for Kitava. I used from 56 to 60 Death's Hand which was pretty cool and it's pretty cheap aswell. Really can recommend it if you got an alch left.

Didn't know it was that cheap. Will add it to the build guide.

Thank you both for the kind words.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 17, 2017, 8:24:59 AM
Just killed Izaro on merc lab (golems and fonts up) and Kitava. Was my first try ever for both and I went lucky and could kill both of em by myself with pretty much the leveling gear I didn't change for a few leevels. I almost went for the Hidden Potencial Jewel and switched my gear totally but it went really well :) thanks again for the great build. I actually forgot to allocate crimson dance before the boss fights ~.~ It's just on the tree now because I got the 2 points from the Kitava kill.

Here is the gear I used during both fights except the phoenix shield I just used on Kitava.

Can't wait for mapping now :>
Last edited by ETPETETE on Sep 18, 2017, 6:03:00 PM
Starting this build on hc. Can you tell me whats the state of the build for farming uber lab ?

Is it easy to manage the 3 keys with earthquake ? didnt play any earthquake build yet, so i would love to know if its easy to manage the hitting area against essence for example. so far got up to act 3, and enjoying the build, its not the fastest, but it feels safe, and i also do love damage over time, and that makes me trying out the build. Cheers
"
Nagamon wrote:
Starting this build on hc. Can you tell me whats the state of the build for farming uber lab ?

Is it easy to manage the 3 keys with earthquake ? didnt play any earthquake build yet, so i would love to know if its easy to manage the hitting area against essence for example. so far got up to act 3, and enjoying the build, its not the fastest, but it feels safe, and i also do love damage over time, and that makes me trying out the build. Cheers

I do not recommend this build for farming uber lab at all.

Reasoning:

1. This build doesn't use any extra endurance charges, which are good against traps as they reduce their damage and they reduce izaro's physical hits as well.

2. This is a 1h-block build which means there is no space for kaom's heart. If you want to tank double damage buffed izaro, you pretty much need 8k life even after fortify, basalt and 7 endurance charges. As i said in the build guide, the build's weakness is very big hits that get through the block.

3. This build attacks and moves very slowly. When dealing with traps and izaro you need to move and attack as fast as possible.

That being said, this build can easily farm lab on easy lab days. You just gotta pay attention to the traps and keep flasks and fortify up against izaro. Facetanking shouldn't be a problem then.

I am not sure what you mean with "hitting area against essence". If you are trying to do full runs, you pretty much don't care about that since you want izaro to get buffed. If you are playing safe, then you should do uber close to lvl90 when your damage will be enough to deal with essences easily. If not, use a decoy totem to lure izaro to the opposite end of the room while you deal with essences.

I'm glad you are enjoying the build.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 26, 2017, 6:12:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info