[3.3] MF Windripper Deadeye | TS and Barrage | PoB Link

"
"
acm242 wrote:
I don't get why people like deadeye. Raider is just as fast because you can have an extra movement speed flask because you don't have to worry about using an anti-freezing flask. And with all the frenzy charges giving you movement speed. I changed my character to deadeye and my movement was slower than on a raider.

Because you're not trying to go through map runs as fast as possible with MF gear or not trying to push the char to the limit when it comes to clearing. In which the most important thing are movement (speed and blink arrow recasts) and damage projection (or to put it simply, range). There's no chance a Raider can clear maps faster than Deadeye, no matter what you do. The ascendancy differences just won't allow that to happen.

Say with Raider you take Veil + Slaughter, with MF gear and 7 Frenzy charges, that's 30% increased movement speed, say you have 8, that's still 32%. Deadeye's Tailwind is 100% increased movement speed from that one ascendancy alone, this is not even mentioning Fast and Deadly's cooldown reduction for Blink Arrow. You can get Onslaught easily with Deadeye as well, with Silver or gem+HoI. And honestly, I don't even remember when the last time I was frozen when I'm mapping, grabbing Flask of Heat is also a non-issue. I don't even think I ever needed any more than one Quicksilver flask. No offense, but how do you run maps anyway? I almost never ran out of Quicksilver charges since you'd be killing stuff along the way and the effect's always up during mapping.

Now clearing wise, on Deadeye, Endless Munitions, Far Shot and Richochet are all specifically designed for hitting things as far as possible. Deadeye is inherently designed to clear things off screen. Which made a huge difference when you're trying to go through 50 stacks of Burial Chambers or Dunes or Strand or whatever all at once, as fast as humanly possible.

It's about min maxing, Deadeye is just too suited for Windripper MF, which is arguably one of the best MF map runner in the game atm. Raider is more of an all rounder, it has higher overall DPS, which is very noticeable when you're trying to do higher tier maps which zapping through maps like a madman just doesn't work anymore. Raider is also better for boss kills. But short version, why most MF ranger you'll see is Deadeye, because Tailwind & F&D is broken AF, it allows you to gain some pretty insane movement speed if you actually try pushing it as high as possible, and it allows you to get really high effective crit chance (which is necessary for a consistent IIQ bonus from WR) without relying on flat accuracy on gear which is harder on MF setup due to ventors on any other ascendancy.

I get frozen all the time by strongboxes. Dying sucks not only for lost time but for exp as well. You have to give up a slot to freeze on deadeye which means either giving up evasion flask or a movement speed flask.
Last edited by acm242 on Mar 25, 2018, 1:46:47 PM
If u got mirage archer he will clear mobs around strongbox. Also u can reroll it or in worst case scenario put on speed flask as suffix remove freeze. Getting freez is smallest problem tbh:)
my mirror threads
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3062247
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181923
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929875
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929842
It is a small problem but it's also the only problem :D
Just got to maps and I am doing absolutely zero damage. Taking 5+ shots to kill a pack of white mobs, and getting annihilated by yellow beasts in T1 maps. What can I do to up my damage without having to put 20 exalt in?

Also have zero defence and get one-shot constantly.
"
Greenfish106 wrote:
Just got to maps and I am doing absolutely zero damage. Taking 5+ shots to kill a pack of white mobs, and getting annihilated by yellow beasts in T1 maps. What can I do to up my damage without having to put 20 exalt in?

Also have zero defence and get one-shot constantly.

your gear isnt good :\
what is your RES ratings?

look at my post in page 82, i wrote some tips that will surely help you.
Anyone mind checking out my build and telling me what I should be prioritizing next (Nowhere near the helm enchant price)
Build is mainly gonna be for MF mapping.
"
dunno if anyone tried scion but build goes perfectly with scion char elem+raider. ele reflect immune

I am doing exactly this and its insanely OP. Can recommend.
IGN Beastiary AwGeezRick
I try to follow this great build, but i'm failing, i get one shot most of the time, and i'm unable to do merciless lab (at level 79).

Can anyone check my gear and tell me what's wrong plz ? (my chars are public)

thank's in advance
"
I try to follow this great build, but i'm failing, i get one shot most of the time, and i'm unable to do merciless lab (at level 79).

Can anyone check my gear and tell me what's wrong plz ? (my chars are public)

thank's in advance

Use grace for more evasion and use more defensive gear like a new belt and new ammy those are useless in lab.
Also a cast when damage taken set up with immortal call and increased duration will help. Also Vinktar's when active you take 50 percent more damage so maybe drop that for lab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info