[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

"
Marrangha wrote:
"
Gnomiro wrote:
If my understanding is correct Impale gives us up to 50% more damage in the case of 100% Impale chance and an "infinite fight" (just because you have to hi 5 resp 7 times again after each hit). Per default it does 10% of the initial hit each of the following five hits.

With 2 additional hits we get 70% more damage. Therefore it is an increase from 150% Damage to 170% which is a factor of 170/150 = 1.1333. That means that it is an increase of roughly 13% and in this case than 12% DD, which should be an increase of 12%.

Overall the formula should look like this:

(1 + 'chance to impale' * 0.7 * '1 + inc. impale effect')/(1 + 0.9 * 0.5 * '1 + inc. impale effect')

In example with 20% inc. Impale effect and 95% impale chance you get an increase of:

(1 + 0.95 * 0.7 * 1.2) / (1 + 0.95 * 0.5 * 1.2) = 1,145222929936306

So it would give 14.5% more Damage if I'm correct.

Thank you! I reached same conclusion. With 100% impale chance and 100% increase effect, it's 40% more damage, a HUGE boost!

This post covers the Impale calculations and trades well. It even has the formula to calculate effective more damage per hit for the cases where you aren't nailing a boss a lot.
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bxp8kr/asymptotic_impale_damage_with_varying_levels_of/
Hello anyone could tell me what should I change or improve on my build to increase the damage?
Spoiler

Last edited by charidi on Jul 2, 2019, 12:23:19 PM

1)
Imprint, Regal, (probably) Annul

2)
Multimod
Flat Phys
Crit/Quali
HCBE

3)
Divine

Is that the correct way to go?
think i just found the best leveling weapon of all time lol

Nothing like having 350 DPS at lvl 40. Just gotta take some Mace Nodes now
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Jul 2, 2019, 12:37:35 PM
Hi , Any advise on what I can do next upgrade wise. Help will be appreciated:

Trying this build out on legion league right now can anyone link me a decent axe my budget is around 15 - 20ex
"
ZeroCloud wrote:
"
kluch wrote:
I see everyone raving over how good Impale is but we only take it in the late 90s which realistically most people wont reach to cap it out on the tree, so the only source of Impale is the dread banner (and the gem if you are running it)

So is it worth it to drop some other nodes on the tree to get max impale (damage or hp or whatever nodes) and use the impale support over pulverize etc

I asked the same question over a week ago without any discussion on it. There are over 100 axe crafting posts, but no one wants to have good conversation on understanding the build.

What I said was that in the guide it looks like impale nodes on the tree aren't taken until lvl91-97 and many people don't come close to 97. I had asked if anyone found the breakpoint where it was worth taking at least 1 wheel of impale nodes instead of another path.

I'm thinking of trading the Cleaver or Martial Experience paths for the 4 node impale (yes I'm choosing different than the guide's 3) based on the calculations. I believe this will give significant damage increases to bosses and legion big boys, while only slightly diminishing the damage to the white trash mobs that already get destroyed anyways.

The reality is the questions come up often, and get buried. So it's hard to keep reiterating the same points.

Impale is a lot more damage, against anything that requires multiple hits to kill. Impale isn't a lot of damage when something requires very few hits to kill. If you're farming t2 glacier maps, and two shotting everything, then sure, leave impale on the side. Are you running a 7 link axe with the watchers eye? Hell yeah shove that impale in there and don't look back. Impale is a huge damage increase for single target damage - think swapping pulverise for damage on full life. Why do we do it? Well, we need more boss damage, and AOE isn't as important on full target.
Impale does what you end up using damage on full life for, but much more efficiently (helps you kill those high life monsters)

I haven't spec'd into martial experience at all - i really don't see the point. It's less damage than other nodes, and the life drain isn't to your maximum...so again, what's the point.

Cleaving is a rather large damage increase AND gives you a chance to bleed on enemies. That being said, want more AOE? get executioner instead.

The build is able to be tailored to fit your needs and what you farm. You don't have to take every node on the tree just because a guide says to. You may have slightly different gear that has different results. The only way to know for sure is load up POB, and in this case, add the damage manually for things like impale.

My 7 link is 20 fortify, cyclone, melee physical damage, impale, brutality, infused channeling. Damage on full life and pulverise for the last spot depending on if im bossing or not. Impale is just too good
double damage vs double damage while Focussed. Which one of these is better?
IGN: DabrixRN
Double damage - double damage while focused (unless used EXACTLY on cooldown) will come out to less, since we have damage that is relatively static and doesn't scale up over time, or have any crazy huge hits/spikes

While focused is good for stuff where you may be hitting with something really big every few seconds
Last edited by Slottm on Jul 2, 2019, 2:10:37 PM
"
ressiv wrote:
Currently doing well on my level 90 Cycloner! (SSF gearwise, only currency trading)

I was checking my gear to upgrade something. I have an Elder sword (best Sword I could find) ready to get fortify on, but still didn't get lucky with Alting it. I have 3 Exalts ready to craft it after I hit Fortify.

I have a 6L body armour incubator running, praying for an armor version to drop!

I have a Starakonja ready to use when I go crit sword. Also a Diamond ring with ass mark on hit.

I have a belt of the Deceiver, but I don't know if it's worth it to use and do my best to get resists somewhere elese.

An Elder eternal burgonet is also in my stash, but I don't know if I can craft something useful with it.

Are there any quick wins I can do / craft?

Anyone have an idea on this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info