[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

"
Ahfack wrote:

2) If you don't need enlighten, then just use vuln instead of punishment - it's WAYYY better for us than punishment.

ok great, I will give that a chance since that means I don't need to recolor for now.

Thank you
Question: why run conc effect over brutality on the ancestral warchief? I look at both gems and brutality just does more damage and doesnt kill the aoe

Also, how important is double curse? I think was thinking of dropping vuln and picking up haste, therefore without conc and vuln now my only blue gem is enlighten so i could fit another dps mod instead of int onto the rings. Only downside is mana needs to be handled more carefully with haste curse instead of curse curse, so maybe temp chains or warlord mark would be nice instead
Last edited by Lionheartbyu on Oct 18, 2017, 4:35:05 PM
"
Lionheartbyu wrote:
Question: why run conc effect over brutality on the ancestral warchief? I look at both gems and brutality just does more damage and doesnt kill the aoe

From what I have noticed in my own game play, AW is best used on a single target like a boss and in that case you would rather have Conc Effect with no AOE. It is an strong single target totem. Many times I won't bother fighting the boss after I get him to bleed and whittle him down a bit and just let the AW finish him off since he has the 20% culling affect from our ascendancy.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 18, 2017, 9:27:25 PM
Yes, on AW brutality does ~3% increased damage over concentrated effect. I choose concentrated effect so it is more effective in party-play. With pretty much everyone else besides us using damage auras (hatred/hoa/wrath/etc...) and even aura-bots it's not worth the ~3% damage increase to negate any auras that might benefit our AW on bosses. And yes, AoE doesn't matter on AW like it does on Cyclone. You're generally setting the totem, cycloning, then setting it again once it dies.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
so as a solo player i would be better off served using brutality? i see.

thanks for the build btw!

gonna work on 6 linking that disfavor and then probably move on to making the steel rings better, then finishing off with boots then gloves.
that sound like a good path to take?
i'm a semi-new player and i came across this build. i think this build is really good and i am planning to respec into this build, and i just want to list down some points for discussion.

1. i was using a generic RT 2H cyclone running hatred and HOA, and i wanted to respec into this build. however i read a post in this thread which says that cyclone is not good for bleed as it does small amounts of damage per hit, with very fast hits.

2. couple of days ago i saw a forum post of a guy dual-wielding soul taker in main hand using sunder to cause bleed and he took down shaper with it. while dual-wielding has 10% more attack speed and 20% more phys damage, he is using sunder on a soul taker which has slightly less or equal dps than 2H weapons using cyclone.

3. i think despite the post which says cyclone may not be good for bleed, disfavour and other 2H weapons on cyclone is definitely comparable if not better than 1H using sunder in terms of dps, and because of this i think phys bleed cyclone will be a good choice and better than running hatred and HOA. i think hatred and HOA simply does not do enough when it comes to the real late game bosses, and so many map mods which reduce elemental damage effectiveness such as monster resistance, elemental equilibrium, etc. this is comparable to map boss reduced curse effectiveness, however i think the bleed damage will make the difference here.

4. planning to run blas-vuln-enlighten-haste as auras, which should be sufficient for almost all content. i think dual curse is not strictly required. also the good thing is that i can swap haste with a purity aura depending on the map mods (just use a few chroms, it's worth it especially at high levels where death is very costly).

5. i think the steel rings that ahfack is using is not required and only use when you want to min-max the build. the damage is already very good without steel rings and i plan to use coral rings for the life, which are much cheaper.

please feel free to correct me where i am wrong.
hello

this is a noob question. i dont have a 6L axe but got a 6L armor, will that work for this build?
Hi, would like to ask if it is ok to start off by taking the physical dmg nodes instead of attack speed nodes?
So today i tried Shaper for the first time ever with this Build and killed him, unfortunitly died a couple of times until the last Portal (mainly because i aint know the next attack's of him).

And im Glad playing this Build because Mapping is Hella fun while spinning and laying on your chair aswell as Bossing because of the 20% Cull + Insane Life leech.
Trying to improve my Gear and as soon as i get some better stuff i'll try Uber atzululu.

Could some one advise me on the following choice I have with this build:

Choice 1: Using Deodre's Ring run Vulnerability and Enfeeble

Choice 2: Using a steel ring with life, run Enfeeble and Haste

I am currently using choice 1 but I am wondering if picking up some more life via the steel ring would make more sense. I have no life on the Deodre's Ring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info