Perandus Trove.. umm wut

Yeah getting the Beyond mobs is pretty easy, as long as you are double-beyonding good maps (good layouts that allow you to kite packs together for maximum beyondedness)
U MAD?
"
Iceman6005 wrote:
"
I don't think getting 50 shards from breachlords is any easier. Also getting 100 beyond kills takes quite some time. I'd say it is on par with these.

this isnt really accurate. me and my brother were spawning 10-15 (highest was 16) beyond bosses per map. we invested in rolling high pack size, and/or sea witches and beyond (on which we would also roll the zana beyond mod for double effect) it really isnt hard to drag mobs to a good "spawning" area.

you quoted wrong person.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the 40c I paid for the Perandus Trove was about as much as it took me rolling beyond maps + adding zana beyond mod.
This is really stupid types of challenges - it is called 'pay to someone in 820 or you will never get it'. Same type of stupidness can be in challenge like "find Shavronne's Wrappings". Brainless random.

Kill Shaper, kill Uber Atziri - this is the challenge. Not a stupid random.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
This is really stupid types of challenges - it is called 'pay to someone in 820 or you will never get it'. Same type of stupidness can be in challenge like "find Shavronne's Wrappings". Brainless random.

amen

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Making challenges for the purpose of purchasing it through other people is what is dumb.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Making challenges for the purpose of purchasing it through other people is what is dumb.

It's saddening that something so obvious has to be stated like that to help with the lack of good sense in the world these days.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Sep 11, 2017, 9:38:58 PM
Making challenges purchaseable is not that bad. It's a way to play the game - farm ... or grind, if you want, currency.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"

I agree, "achievement challenge" should NOT be purely base on RNG. Just like in life, in my opinion, winning in lottery or slot machine is not a life achievement. Finishing school, establish your own company, becoming CEO or President, that's life achievement. It should be base on skill & hard work, & not on just random luck.

And all challenges should be attainable by yourself to give consideration to SFF players. And that's the whole point of "challenge achievement", you should achieved it by yourself personally & you did not just buy your way out of it. Some of these challenges have not given any much thought, it's like they just generated the challenge randomly.

"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"

normal chest: 247
safe: 3
coffer: 28
cache: 23
catalogue: 2
hoard: 28
jewellery: 22
locker: 3
wardrobe: 2
archive: 2
treasury: 2
trove: 1

Just a little nitpick: This statistic is biased, as you were bound to stop once you got the trove, its number can never be higher than "1". ;)

---

Challenges have always been split roughly in thirds:

a) Play the game ("kill all act bosses")
b.1) Play a fuckton ("kill 1337 map bosses"), mixed with...
b.2) Play until something happens ("Unique Strongbox", "Echoing Shrine") and...
b.3) Go places you normally wouldn't go ("Kill these Vaal Bosses")
c) Actual challenges ("kill the Shaper")

Almost all of them can be bought, if need be.
Some are outright "waste currency" like the "maps with 8 mods"... Why would I want to throw my vaal orbs at low tier maps?

This time around is the first time (iirc) that we have "real" challenges:
Kill Atziri, Queen of the Vaal without anyone in party taking damage from any of her Storm Calls.
Kill Rek'tar, the Breaker without anyone in party taking damage from his Leap Slam.
Defeat The Goddess without anyone in party taking damage from her Mortar.
Defeat The Cursed King without anyone in party taking damage from his Wolf Barrage.
Defeat Piety the Empyrean without anyone in party taking damage from her Ice Shot.
Defeat Suncaller Asha without anyone in party taking damage from her Beacons.
Defeat Shadow of the Vaal without anyone in party taking damage from the Lightning Beam.
Defeat The High Templar without anyone in party taking damage from his Lightning Stream.

...wish there were more of tose
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Making challenges that you can only realistically purchase is fine (like identify these uniques, etc). What's not fine - challenges like this one or the other from some previous league to open some super rare unique strongbox, because no matter how you setup trade either seller or buyer can be fucked, because there is no in-game protection for these kind of trades and no outside of the game protection. Plus I have to scour trade 820 24/7, which I hate because 820 chats (especially global) are pure cancer and I've yet to see a single offer of trove. And if I choose to do it yourself it's fucked up again, because you're forced to use Zana mod, which I don't want to use (I prefer other ones).

Please, just stop doing this kind of challenges every fucking league. Return "Identify these uniques" for trade challenges, those were fine and not pure cancer to trade for.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Sep 12, 2017, 3:37:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info