Perandus Trove.. umm wut

This has been a rather ridiculous challenge to get. The amount of RNG in this is insanely dumb. My friend and I ran roughly 70 maps with Perandus mod before I realized how dumb this was going to be and then I started recording what I got. My friend gave up after sometime but I kept going determined to get it. So I recorded each chest I got until I got the trove. These were my results..

normal chest: 247
safe: 3
coffer: 28
cache: 23
catalogue: 2
hoard: 28
jewellery: 22
locker: 3
wardrobe: 2
archive: 2
treasury: 2
trove: 1

Reminder this is after the already ~200 chests my friend and I opened before I started recording.

Another note.. I never found the trove. The trove I got was when my friend just recently started running them again and found it within the first ~10 maps of running solo and through guilt told me about it so I could get the achievement.

The best Cadiro item that I received during that time was a 39% max life Belly of the Beast that cost me around 4k coins to grab. Next best thing was Mortal Ignorance for 642 coins.
Last edited by GhostingGenrou on Sep 8, 2017, 12:03:43 PM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 4:52:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
This has been a rather ridiculous challenge to get.

those types of challenges are there to be bought in global 820.

it's neither a challenge to get the chaos to pay the fee nor worth the time complain about it here.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Trade/Global 820 is the solution. Unless you are playing SSF, that will always be the most efficient and inexpensive way to get these kind of challenges done.
U MAD?
Making challenges for the purpose of purchasing it through other people is what is dumb.
What I don't get is why it was thrown into the same challenge where everything else is relatively easy to accomplish. They go ahead and block off an easier challenge set from many people like me that don't like buying challenges (partially by nature of challenges and secondly, people scam perandus stuff all the fucking time because of this whole setup, both on the buyer and seller side).

The only plus side is the don't get hit challenges may be easily more possible even though its listed down with the other stuff I generally find impossible or need to purchase. Can still get 36 and keep up my tradition since I started temp leagues.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
What I don't get is why it was thrown into the same challenge where everything else is relatively easy to accomplish. They go ahead and block off an easier challenge set from many people like me that don't like buying challenges (partially by nature of challenges and secondly, people scam perandus stuff all the fucking time because of this whole setup, both on the buyer and seller side).

The only plus side is the don't get hit challenges may be easily more possible even though its listed down with the other stuff I generally find impossible or need to purchase. Can still get 36 and keep up my tradition since I started temp leagues.

I don't think getting 50 shards from breachlords is any easier. Also getting 100 beyond kills takes quite some time. I'd say it is on par with these.
"
almostdead wrote:
"

I don't think getting 50 shards from breachlords is any easier. Also getting 100 beyond kills takes quite some time. I'd say it is on par with these.

It takes time but has nowhere near the rng chance of finding a trove if I recall how rare troves were in other leagues. At least beyond can be brute forced relatively cheaply and breach shards depends on your build. I want to say I've seen two breachlords but I may be confusing this league and legacy gameplay, but either way the breachlords(s) I've seen so far I've gotten to leave and drop full shards or damn near close so I find that with patience both are achievable where you may go map upon map upon map without a trove because there are other perandus chests to luck out and get instead. And you literally have to keep throwing money at it since perandus isn't a core mechanic. You have to burn chaos to hope to get it.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Sep 9, 2017, 5:34:47 AM
"

It takes time but has nowhere near the rng chance of finding a trove if I recall how rare troves were in other leagues. At least beyond can be brute forced relatively cheaply and breach shards depends on your build. I want to say I've seen two breachlords but I may be confusing this league and legacy gameplay, but either way the breachlords(s) I've seen so far I've gotten to leave and drop full shards or damn near close so I find that with patience both are achievable where you may go map upon map upon map without a trove because there are other perandus chests to luck out and get instead. And you literally have to keep throwing money at it since perandus isn't a core mechanic. You have to burn chaos to hope to get it.

I can agree with beyond but not the breachlords. After having run more than 800 maps I have still only seen 3 breachlords (and gotten a total of 28 shards). I am sure it takes a whole lot less time to farm enough chaos to buy a trove from trade chat than finding 3 more breachlords. Also, since Zana can add breach only at level 8 and you can't buy breachlords from trade chat, makes it harder too.

All in all, i disagree that it is thrown into a mix of relatively easy things to get.
Last edited by almostdead on Sep 9, 2017, 5:40:16 AM
So what is the appropriate amount of chaos to offer on 820 for the trove? I'm 52c of investment into perandus mod and I just want to stop it, perandus is the worst mod to put on a map
"

this isnt really accurate. me and my brother were spawning 10-15 (highest was 16) beyond bosses per map. we invested in rolling high pack size, and/or sea witches and beyond (on which we would also roll the zana beyond mod for double effect) it really isnt hard to drag mobs to a good "spawning" area.
Last edited by Iceman6005 on Sep 11, 2017, 4:36:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info