[3.0] Blight Occultist CI - ZO - 2 Curse

I wonder about doing something similar, so here are some questions

* I have Allelopathy gloves, which gems would you recommend to drop?
* What about Apep Rage wand? It adds flat chaos damage, has increased cast speed. How problematic would be increased mana cost?
* What about Malediction and adding Temporal Chains curse (maybe by Orb of Storms+CoH setup). Is it worth over Stun reduction?
* What about second Spreading Rot jewel (near Shaper/scion HP tree). The slot has 40 Int in radius
* How weaker this is without Harbinger shield?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Sep 16, 2017, 8:05:18 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:
I wonder about doing something similar, so here are some questions

* I have Allelopathy gloves, which gems would you recommend to drop?
* What about Apep Rage wand? It adds flat chaos damage, has increased cast speed. How problematic would be increased mana cost?
* What about Malediction and adding Temporal Chains curse (maybe by Orb of Storms+CoH setup). Is it worth over Stun reduction?
* What about second Spreading Rot jewel (near Shaper/scion HP tree). The slot has 40 Int in radius
* How weaker this is without Harbinger shield?

-There is a build on the forums for a Blight build with those gloves, however it is a Low-Life setup. I'd look up their guide and compare. You can get more DPS from low-life + pain attunement + blood magic accessibility, but with the huge hits to ES & since Blight cannot leech, I can't speak to endgame boss viability with the gloves. Another issue you encounter with Low-Life / Shavronne's builds / etc is the necessity to then stack Chaos Resistance on other gear in order to make it viable for some bosses / mods / beyond demons / etc.

(Shavronne's + Stacking Chaos Resist = $$$)

-This is the difference between these two weapons: (Scepter & Apep)

I looked at it in standard awhile back and was still getting more DPS from my previous weapon. The Scepter is just better.

-About the curse, it's not just about adding - it's what you would have to take away. Temporal Chains is not something you can hot-swap with Enfeeble (without a white socket). You'd have to remove points from the tree (ES, DPS, etc) to invest in mana reservation reduction to add on another or you would need to go Low-Life to put one aura on blood magic to carry it. With Enfeeble, stun resist, the harbinger, etc you'd be re-inventing the build's defense. I can't write a separate theory guide for something I don't intend to test. You could remove Whispers of Doom and go Malediction if you want to bypass Vile Bastion, but this isn't adding a curse (and the tree goes right by it, so it seems a waste of Ascendancy at first glance) but you're also risking survivability in t10+ maps for the additional ES regen. When multiple harbingers are close together, you find a breach, etc - Vile Bastion can prove invaluable when your only source of staying alive is regen + killing enemies for recharge.

-I don't think you realize how point intensive this build is, or how tough it is to fully utilize ES in 3.0. Again, you can do something like this, but you would have to take points (4-6) away from somewhere.

-There are quite a few ways to make Blight a successful build, but investing this much ES in the build & stacking regen means to get effective DPS, 20 / 20% gems & solid items are going to be required to do endgame bosses.

The only other major weapon I'd suggest is this: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Xirgil%27s_Crank

There is a (lvl 95-100)hardcore build on the forums featuring this weapon for Blight / Occultist in a previous league.
Last edited by Katsuko on Sep 18, 2017, 10:32:32 PM
So I'm having fun with this build in 3.1, having started it in 3.0 and played into Act 10 during Harbinger. I'm now in late 60s and it's performing really well, but I have one question: why Vulnerability as the 2nd curse? It increases physical damage taken by enemies, but we only deal chaos damage??

Sorry if I'm being dense ...
"
magnate wrote:
So I'm having fun with this build in 3.1, having started it in 3.0 and played into Act 10 during Harbinger. I'm now in late 60s and it's performing really well, but I have one question: why Vulnerability as the 2nd curse? It increases physical damage taken by enemies, but we only deal chaos damage??

Sorry if I'm being dense ...

I think Vulnerability was there from before the changes. Before, it simply increased all damage. Now, it's only physical damage. You will want to switch that for Despair.
"
Lanzlo wrote:
I think Vulnerability was there from before the changes. Before, it simply increased all damage. Now, it's only physical damage. You will want to switch that for Despair.
Excellent, many thanks. Turns out my despair gem is so old that it's red, and I wondered why it wouldn't fit in a red socket!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info