[3.0] Phy/Chaos BV Gladiator (540k+ dps, budget friendly, super tanky)

"
Torin wrote:

Would not work with this build. Maybe some ES based one. You need your mana for MoM, not auras.
And you will have less spell block with that Necro.

https://pastebin.com/1D3neYgj

75/75 block, 6700 life+mana, 631k dps, 693hp healed on block.

I'm not saying that it's better (I haven't tried it, also getting the required dexterity could be painful), just an option worth considering.
"
broximus wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

Would not work with this build. Maybe some ES based one. You need your mana for MoM, not auras.

I'm not saying that it's better (I haven't tried it, also getting the required dexterity could be painful), just an option worth considering.

Which way would you go through the skill tree if I used this?
"
Saintsin253 wrote:
"
broximus wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

Which way would you go through the skill tree if I used this?

I would go left, get duration nodes, then go up/right. Get life nodes, fill in with damage as needed...
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
broximus wrote:
"
Torin wrote:

That is a good way of doing it. But it is not a Duelist :)

But if we ignore that and directly compare it:

It has worse overcapped resists and it will have dex problems. Total life is not 6700 but a bit over 6500 because you need to do life*0.43= mana to get how much mana will be reduced if someone does exactly enough damage to one shot you. 2100 mana is too much vs one shots, in this case you only use 1974 mana.
Also no need for clarity while Blood Rage gives you negative life regen and only makes you weaker in boss fights (only situation you need frenzy charges).

Also Dualist has better physical damage reduction, gets additional bonuses when doing many blocks, does not need to keep casting anything to upkeep high block before boss fights. And does not need an expensive claw like Scourge (well expensive during league start) and can cheaply get corrupted Culling strike on claw due to Cybil paw being a cheap weapon you can mass buy and corrupt.

Also Anvil is overall a better amulet.

You will need to Desecrate and use Bone Offering during many boss battles.

Necro version does give better overall DPS but I am not sure it is needed while it takes more upkeep to play it and needs harder to get and more expensive gear to play.

Last edited by Torin on Sep 19, 2017, 6:50:09 AM
I think i have completely made the build except for the 6L armour and can say this does offer alot of good dps but the projectiles kill you so fast. is there anyway to get around this?
Last edited by UpBound on Sep 20, 2017, 3:16:03 AM
"
UpBound wrote:
I think i have completely made the build except for the 6L armour and can say this does offer alot of good dps but the projectiles kill you so fast. is there anyway to get around this?

What content are you running that this happens to you?

I did double damage mod t15 maps and never died once. I did up to t13 with almost any combination of mods with a Tabula and only died like an idiot twice because I didn't dodge boss slams that have a wind up attack and do massive damage.

Only map mod that made me feel less safe was the less block chance one.

Maybe you are not using potions at the right time? Rumi's maxes out your block chance and lasts a while. Use Whirling Blades to get close to enemies so you can leech, stun them and kill them fast. Dead enemies don't attack. Blade Vortex attacks 5 times per second and due to good damage each hit does a mini stun. Most enemies when inside your aoe stop doing anything due to that.
Others face 78% block and are also blinded by my Stibnite.

My friend asks me how I survive whirling into middle of all packs when we play together. I do with use of all my potions when running dangerous high level maps. Rumi's + Stibnite work well together.

Last edited by Torin on Sep 20, 2017, 7:06:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info