[3.2] Trickster, The 1 True Flicker

"
DrKatz11 wrote:
Thanks for the creative build! I love the shadow class, and figured it could be more suited for Flicker than Slayer/Gladiator, but everyone instantly assume Slayer is best due to the leech. How viable do you feel this build is for tier 10-11 maps?

You've convinced me that Trickster is a cool way to go since you get a lot of bonuses from reserving 100% of your mana! Would this make the DPS comparable to the Slayer due to the stacking of Hatred and Heralds, or give the build better utility?

Lastly, have you ever played an Assassin Flicker build? And would you say the Trickster is vastly superior now after the nerfs to assassin, or could I keep your build the same, make some minor tweaks and run a viable assassin? Would love your feedback. Thanks!

Thanks for the support man! Yea I am not a fan of slayer leech at all. It has other positives but if you aren't taking the leech then kinda defeats the purpose of going slayer in my opinion. I have input both builds into path of building while adjusting certain things for going slayer obviously and I just lose so much damage, even specing into Headsman with 20% more damage wasn't near as much damage. As for assassin, I played it last league and worked ok but just wasn't a fan. I would pick slayer before assassin lol.
"
silent1killer wrote:

Thanks for the support man! Yea I am not a fan of slayer leech at all. It has other positives but if you aren't taking the leech then kinda defeats the purpose of going slayer in my opinion. I have input both builds into path of building while adjusting certain things for going slayer obviously and I just lose so much damage, even specing into Headsman with 20% more damage wasn't near as much damage. As for assassin, I played it last league and worked ok but just wasn't a fan. I would pick slayer before assassin lol.

Really? I'm surprised that the Assassin wouldn't be a better choice than Slayer. It's super easy to crit cap, and probably has the highest damage potential of the three. Would you mind explaining why you prefer Trickster to Assassin in more detail? Just curious, since I'm gonna decide between those two for the build!
Well if you are only looking at a damage perspective then yes it MIGHT be stronger because of the crit multi but that's it. Also your only way to generate power charges is based on a NON crit and with all the extra crit chance you get from assassin I don't see that being reliable at all. You will also have to manage your mana leech because you can't flicker for free. So in short, need better power charge generation and even frenzy, 1 less buff, invest in mana leech. I say also frenzy because the only reason we don't run blood rage is because as trickster we get free power AND frenzy chance on kill. Terminus alone just isn't reliable if you are like me and don't want to have to stop using flicker to generate.
just want to help with the leveling section, before level 51 i use cyclone and a two handed axe, after reaching 51 i use these item to flicker

and i use the assassins mark blasphemy and its fun :)

there is a problem against the boss tho lol
Last edited by meamwoot on Sep 17, 2017, 9:01:30 AM

I replaced summon ice golem by frenzy for the first mob pack (or any problem with boss)

6k hp
Hello, I am trying this out and going to compare this to the slayer version of the terminus flicker build. Going so far so good, I really like the ability to run an extra aura due to not needing mana or having to run any mana leech. While we do lose the free melee splash, it's actually beneficial to be able to swap it out for more leech reflect maps or bosses.

My question is are you able to sustain max power charges? Are you relying only on the 15% on kill from the trickster passive? Do you find yourself always maxed out on power charges, or just picking up a stray one or two after a few packs? If we can't reliably max out the power charges all the time, I would personally consider dropping the 3 nodes up to that bonus power charge for something else.

Second question, which curse would you run? I don't see myself getting koam's heart for a while so I will definitely be running a CODT curse on hit set up. We could run assassin's mark for power charges, but again that goes back to my question earlier on whether you were having issues with that. We flicker builds tend to end up in some unfortunately situations sometimes so I think a defensive curse might help there. Either way, flicker builds are almost always solo so we have to do our own cursing.
"
scholar42 wrote:
Hello, I am trying this out and going to compare this to the slayer version of the terminus flicker build. Going so far so good, I really like the ability to run an extra aura due to not needing mana or having to run any mana leech. While we do lose the free melee splash, it's actually beneficial to be able to swap it out for more leech reflect maps or bosses.

My question is are you able to sustain max power charges? Are you relying only on the 15% on kill from the trickster passive? Do you find yourself always maxed out on power charges, or just picking up a stray one or two after a few packs? If we can't reliably max out the power charges all the time, I would personally consider dropping the 3 nodes up to that bonus power charge for something else.

Second question, which curse would you run? I don't see myself getting koam's heart for a while so I will definitely be running a CODT curse on hit set up. We could run assassin's mark for power charges, but again that goes back to my question earlier on whether you were having issues with that. We flicker builds tend to end up in some unfortunately situations sometimes so I think a defensive curse might help there. Either way, flicker builds are almost always solo so we have to do our own cursing.

Yes you permanently have up power charges until you get to boss cause you are no longer killing things and as for a curse I would use vulnerability or enfeeble depending if you need more damage or survivability.
Last edited by silent1killer on Sep 17, 2017, 3:32:51 PM
"
silent1killer wrote:
"
scholar42 wrote:

Yes you permanently have up power charges until you get to boss cause you are no longer killing things and as for a curse I would use vulnerability or enfeeble depending if you need more damage or survivability.

Thank you for the reply! For bosses I may try a pcoc codt setup and see if that nets me any charges during the fight.

Another question. Why do we run right pass acrobatics/phase acrobatics without picking up. According to my PoB, you would lose 15% physical damage reduction in exchange for the 40% dodge and 30% spell dodge. We do not rely on energy shield at all and armor loses its value the bigger the hit is anyway. This sounds like this would synergize really well with the 5% dodge/spell dodge we are getting from ghost dance in the ascendancy tree, though I am unsure whether they stack or get rolled separately.

edit: In the original build with abysses and koam's roots I can definitely see why you would want to bypass the 50% armor reduction, but with your new evasion focused pieces you are only really getting a lot of armor from your chest piece so it might be worth looking at.
Last edited by scholar42 on Sep 17, 2017, 9:54:06 PM
Except that would guarantee if you do get hit then you die. Stacking armor with iron reflexes passive gives us the chances to sustain a big hit and heal instantly with vaal pact
Last edited by silent1killer on Sep 18, 2017, 12:55:37 AM
Nice Build!
Been having a reasonable amount of fun with it.

EDIT: Had a question, nevermind, figured it out.
Last edited by MortosDS on Sep 18, 2017, 1:37:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info