[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
dado_hd wrote:
hello I'm following your build and I'm at level 85. I had a great time up to when doing map from tier 10 up I can not do enough dps to bosses. Could you take a look at my profile to figure out what's wrong? Sorry for the english I'm using google translator

1. Gem levels and quality will give you ~26% more dps
2. Getting 3 skill points for Assassination will give you ~16% more dps, 4 points for Shamanistic Fury
will give you another ~10%
3. Boot enchantment will give you ~12% DPS
4. You have some really good gear, but you should get a new dagger.
I got this one for 15c and it's already better than Divinarius:

Doing only this will give you ~43% more damage and your character will be pretty close to mine, but you'll do less damage than I did in the videos because:
1. Nerfs
2. I had a more damage oriented build at that time.

If you still want to do more damage, you need to change your passive tree, but you will end up losing defences.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Is there any value to the Chieftain rather than the Assassin in terms of ascendancy points?
"
Is there any value to the Chieftain rather than the Assassin in terms of ascendancy points?

I don't see any reason to use it over Assassin. It adds about a third of Assassin's damage and gives you ~125 hp regen. On top of that, the Shadow start is really good for the build.
Builds and Guides:
Well, I got sick of being stuck for atlas progression and decided to buy a guardian map to get the ball rolling as they usually guarantee a few red map drops. Ended up with an 8 mod Hydra. The map itself was a breeze except I lost two portals on an Abyss. Then I didn't quite manage to kill hydra before losing all my portals and most of my experience (I really should have farmed to 89 first)

In harbinger my SR build cut through guardians in seconds and now I dunno if it was the 8 mods, some poor play on my part or maybe if I was failing to stack wither properly.
Ran an unid corrupted Reef after and melted through the boss no problem so I'm assuming it was the mods but sitll, it left me feeling somewhat disheartened.
That said I now know I have way in excess of the damage I need to clear maps so I'm going to pull back on some of those passives and swap in for life.
Even still I feel REALLY squishy. I'm basically having to smash flasks constantly to stay alive
Last edited by Frubeling on Dec 18, 2017, 8:27:20 PM
Brand new player on xbox one, my question is this: fire storm isn't available until later in game, what skill should I use until then?
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your guide. I've started leveling myself a Scion, which is low level at moment but I already have a question.

I looted a Poet's Pen yesterday. Do you think I should use that instead of a dagger ? Here is its Wiki page :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Poet%27s_Pen

Up to +4 level to socketed gems, attack speed and gem proc on attack sounds pretty sweet to me?
make little update with my gear (boots, belth, abyss jewel, 6l mantle) what would ne my next step for updaiting? maybe dagger? or my is fine?

Spoiler

Thx for great build
"
Skwrrl wrote:
Brand new player on xbox one, my question is this: fire storm isn't available until later in game, what skill should I use until then?
Frostbolt would probably be the best alternative.

"
IchiSumeragi wrote:
I looted a Poet's Pen yesterday. Do you think I should use that instead of a dagger ? Here is its Wiki page :

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Poet%27s_Pen

Up to +4 level to socketed gems, attack speed and gem proc on attack sounds pretty sweet to me?
Well you'd lose like 20% DPS from the stats a dagger would give you and the mobility of Whirling Blades/Shield Charge.

Dark Pact is better when it's in the Soul Mantle (besides, you can't trigger totems with it), so I'm not sure what you'd want to do with that.

"
seeeether wrote:
make little update with my gear (boots, belth, abyss jewel, 6l mantle) what would ne my next step for updaiting? maybe dagger? or my is fine?
Alright, you actually have better gear now than I do lol; upgrades are going to get really expensive:

•Better Self-Flagellation
•Unspec Righteous Decree and get a nice 3/4-stat Jewel, that should be more efficient for you skill points. It's time to prioritize crit multiplier on your jewels, because that'll be the best stat.
•Level 21 Dark Pact (doesn't need quality)
•Get a better dagger/shield, but this will cost a lot.

One other thing you could try is replacing your Starkonja's with an enchanted triple-res rare-helmet. If you can mananage to wear this belt with capped resists and get another jewel like the one you're already using, it'll be an amazing upgrade:
Builds and Guides:
nvm found the answer to my question in your guide ;)
Last edited by xeno_soldier on Dec 19, 2017, 9:35:26 PM
using conc affect and inc aoe effect together gives a higher tool tip dps than controlled destruction - should i use them instead of controlled destruction in a 5l? i dont have a 6l yet for the crit strikes gem.

edit - btw i am using unique gloves that have built in lvl 18 faster casting. so could do a 5L with wither but is tehre any gem worth putting as 5th for it?

edit - found answer to 2nd question in guide
Last edited by rozakk on Dec 19, 2017, 10:58:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info