[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
tavi2530 wrote:
I was a bit hesitant to run this build because of the Dark Pact nerf, but just wow, leveling has been so smooth. The damage is off the chart, Izaro died within seconds of spawning on both normal and cruel lab.

Thank you very much for the guide!

By the way, I think you should reconsider Despair. It has been doing really well for me, especially since some of the Abyss bosses have decent amount of hp. I am running Clarity + Blasphemy Temporal Chain for mana reserve, and then running faster cast, wither, arcane surge, despair link. That combination works great defensively and feels much smoother for me for totem dump and run playstyle.

Just did a check on PoB, since it's now updated for despair. You're getting 13% DPS vs bosses and 7% vs shaper/guardians. That's worse than just casting Wither unless you have a reliable way to apply it that doesn't take too much time.
It might be good if you struggle against the new rare abyss enemies, since you're getting the full effect (~30% DPS).

"
chiefkeef321 wrote:
So, would any of the new belts + abyssal jewel combos be BiS?

Yeah, the belts are better than any other base by a huge margin. I'll update the guide for them but it'll take some time, since I need to have a look at all the new content.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
Just did a check on PoB, since it's now updated for despair. You're getting 13% DPS vs bosses and 7% vs shaper/guardians. That's worse than just casting Wither unless you have a reliable way to apply it that doesn't take too much time.
It might be good if you struggle against the new rare abyss enemies, since you're getting the full effect (~30% DPS).

What's wrong with running both Despair and Wither? Aren't the effects additive? Despair has a REALLY short cast time. If you cast Wither right after Despair, it comes out almost instantly.
"
tavi2530 wrote:
"

What's wrong with running both Despair and Wither? Aren't the effects additive? Despair has a REALLY short cast time. If you cast Wither right after Despair, it comes out almost instantly.

They are multiplicative (which is even better). The effect is just way too weak on bosses to be worth the effort of casting in my opinion.
Builds and Guides:
Hey, nice guide. I was playing necromancer version of this build few weeks back and I decided to start a new league with it. So far all good, just wanted to mention Eclipse Solaris wand. It has "nearby enemies are blinded" mod which is very good for survivability. Also, it has a huge boost to crit vs blinded enemies. You can give it a try, and maybe put it as an option in the "gear" section. :)
One suggestion for the guide - where you mention that you can't use MTX on Soul Mantle, you may want to specify totem MTX. For some reason I assumed you were talking about armour MTX, and was very sad when my new totem MTX didn't work. It's a real shame, especially since the Ziggurat totem skin looks tailor-made for Dark Pact! Hopefully they can fix it at some point.
"
drobecdrobny wrote:
Hey, nice guide. I was playing necromancer version of this build few weeks back and I decided to start a new league with it. So far all good, just wanted to mention Eclipse Solaris wand. It has "nearby enemies are blinded" mod which is very good for survivability. Also, it has a huge boost to crit vs blinded enemies. You can give it a try, and maybe put it as an option in the "gear" section. :)

Looks like a really good budget option. I'll add it later.
"
neffy1831 wrote:

One suggestion for the guide - where you mention that you can't use MTX on Soul Mantle, you may want to specify totem MTX. For some reason I assumed you were talking about armour MTX, and was very sad when my new totem MTX didn't work. It's a real shame, especially since the Ziggurat totem skin looks tailor-made for Dark Pact! Hopefully they can fix it at some point.

Will do.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
ValkryeLoyd wrote:
wheres the totem????

Spell totem is sold by Nessa in act 1, you need to link it to a skill or else it won't work.
If you have a Soul Mantle you won't need the gem.

"
spacecowboy wrote:

HI
First of all - thank you for great guide :)

Now my question is - on your videos i can't see how Wither is being applied and i see it's in your helm without spell totem support.
On your videos you are not channeling it neither u have "hierophant" asc. to support helm skills with totem.

Can somebody explain how Wither is being used in this build ? is there some secret that it doesn't have to be channeled by plaayer ?

There's no secret, I am channeling Wither myself.

aahh ic thats why i dont see totem gem,thanks for reply mate :)
Loving this build in Abyss! Will you be posting an updated tree for 3.1?
"
Loving this build in Abyss! Will you be posting an updated tree for 3.1?

-updated (in other words nothing changed except the version number)
Builds and Guides:
Any thoughts on Cane of Unravelling? It looked like the build could potentially fit it maybe but I wasn't too sure... Do you think it's worth looking into/tweaking the build for? And if so, what changes would you recommend?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info