[3.5] Ghostly Quad Totem HOWA. 10k ES, 77% Evade, 1.9 Mill Shaper DPS

Well rip the "cheap" part of the build.Someone make a build that work descent with a 1 alc item ( perandus signet) and it suddently turned as a must have item at 1 ex range .....
I was ab out to play it as league starter but when i checked the item price i change my mind sadly:/

I think you can remove the cheap in your title, thank .
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 11, 2018, 8:52:23 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:

Can do any map mod and clear all of the content. Many people now have used this build and taken down all guardians, shaper and uber atziri deathless. The only thing it cannot do is hall of the grandmasters.

I played this build previous league and I cleared Hall of Grandmasters with it. Actually this is the first build I was able to clear HOGM with. Can't recommend it to farm HOGM, because it's fairly slow at least as I did it. But you can 157/157 with this build by all means.

Notable mentions:

1. A usual problem, Danzig, with one arrow left me 280ES out of 10600. He missed the second shot and died.
2. A usual problem, Zami is one regret cost. You take 5L searing touch as a weapon swap with lvl20 scorching ray (linked to burning damage - controlled destruction - elemental focus - swift affliction). When everybody else died and this stupid bastard runs around and does nothing to you, unskill Ancestral Bond, kill Zami (10-15s) and skill it again. Maybe you can even change one link for spell totem and use the fact you have 4 totems and don't have to skill-unskill. Didn't try it though.
3. An unusual problem, Tornado shotters that kill you totems before they are launched (the most annoying part of the build is that non-reducible time between your totem is placed and it rises up). Whirl or Shield Charge around placing one totem at a time. They die quickly. Should be even easier with this patch because of crazy totem placement speed.
4. Worst nightmare in HOGM for this build are sparkers, they also just kill the totems before they start damaging, but they do it 360° around them all the time. Pray for receiving these guys when you have Vaal Discipline charged. Press Vaal Discipline, rush towards them and launch all totems, boom, they are dead. Should be even easier with this patch because of crazy totem placement speed.
5. Overall unbelievably forgiving nature of this build still forgives you a lot of mistakes which makes it Hall of Grandmasters viable. Even Danzig can keep you alive and then miss, even after several consecutive mistakes you most likely can run away and think a bit.
Last edited by dim.kiriyenko on Mar 11, 2018, 12:13:21 PM
"
Elf_97 wrote:
Well rip the "cheap" part of the build.Someone make a build that work descent with a 1 alc item ( perandus signet) and it suddently turned as a must have item at 1 ex range .....
I was ab out to play it as league starter but when i checked the item price i change my mind sadly:/

I think you can remove the cheap in your title, thank .

The build is actually expensive especially early in the season, but already the prices are much lower already this weekend!
I still think the build is quite achievable as its not hard to do fine before getting the rings and they are still cheaper then the endgame opal/steel rings that many other builds look to buy but I do recognise that the inflation of them has changed things

Last few leagues the rings were down to 10c by now as every item used in this build had low demand and constantly increasing supply but this league they are 65c. According the poeninja they have inflated 150% over the last 7 days so either someone is pricefixing them for a profit or the demand has just gone up that much this league from the heirophant changes

Either way I've changed the title of the thread as the forum users would certainly tear me a new one if market trends continued to change without me noticing
A few thoughts. First off, which one of these Watcher's would be most beneficial? Does the crit even effect the build? I know the 2nd one is beneficial.

Last; has anyone thought about using an animated guardian for speed buffs/dps boost?
"
A few thoughts. First off, which one of these Watcher's would be most beneficial? Does the crit even effect the build? I know the 2nd one is beneficial.

Last; has anyone thought about using an animated guardian for speed buffs/dps boost?

The second one is better, but they’re both worse than a mediocre rare. I’m using a 50% increased lightning damage while affected by wrath, 11% phys taken as fire while affected by purity of elements, and even that I’m not sure is better than a 4 prop rare.
Ok, thanks bud. I will try to put the first one up to recoup some cost to get another for clearing, one for survival.
Hi,
Didn't get an answer so I'll try my luck again :) :

Could blade vortex replace blade flurry as means to proc critical? is it much less effective or similar?

Thanks, would appreciate the answer as I'm not that knowledgeable in mechanics
"

I don't value crit at all as its only use would be to proc overload a fraction of a second faster while using bladeflurry. Faster start of ES recharge is good defense. I would use the faster restart unless you wanted to change for extra damage

Penetration watchers eyes give more damage then %increased damage ones against bosses so if you are just after damage i'd look to get one of those

As far as I'm aware animate guardians die unless you have minion life nodes and minion armies to help keep them alive and so are only used on minion builds. I've never seen an animate guardian used on a non minion build but have not tested this

"
braxat2000poe wrote:
Hi,
Didn't get an answer so I'll try my luck again :) :

Could blade vortex replace blade flurry as means to proc critical? is it much less effective or similar?

Thanks, would appreciate the answer as I'm not that knowledgeable in mechanics

The answer to this is very similar to the question "what about orb of storms to proc EO" which I put in the FAQ on the main page.

In my testing bladeflurry has a bit more range and felt much better to me applying blind and EO faster and more reliably

Bladeflurry benefits from attack speed and mine had 7 hits per second plus the 6 strikes on releasing the channel for 13 hits per second if done right. This is immediate with no windup time and 1 second is usually enough to proc blind and EO.

Blade vortex hits every 0.6 seconds per vortex and after changing faster attacks for spell echo you'd have 5 casts per second. So after the 1st second you have 5 active and 8 hits per second. In the 2nd second you have 10 active and 16 hits per second so even though it starts out worse it does ramp up at a decent rate and just from that math it seems comparable but in practice it seemed to not apply the blind nearly as much. Maybe each vortex is rolling its "chance to blind" on cast not on hit or something to lower its chance

I'd try both and see how you like them
Last edited by WaffleT on Mar 12, 2018, 3:08:12 AM
Thanks you very much,.
I'll start getting used to blade flurry and see how it goes.
All the best!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info