[3.01] [HC] Dark Pact Slayer (tanky, low cost, self cast dark pact)

Currently leveling this now and really enjoying the build. Having a few mana issues running Blasphemy-warlords and both Heralds. Should I drop one of the heralds? Or switch to the CWDT warlords you mentioned above? Level 40 ATM.
Last edited by Jwink24 on Oct 1, 2017, 4:43:41 PM
Since lvl 1 cast on damage taken is 528 damage that should be almost 25% of your life total at lvl 40 (and this is not activated by the dark pact sacrifice). If you are playing hardcore I would not recommend switching to that until you have atleast 3-4k hp.

I suggest dropping one of the Heralds (probably herald of ice) since the aoe is already strong with DP and continue running a mana/hybrid potion for a bit. Will make an adjustment to the leveling guide to accommodate for this.

Update #1: Mario Bugelnig recently made this video to show how to make a 5B1G Cherrubim's Maleficence Chest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1xN_PWjCMQ
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Oct 2, 2017, 3:54:21 AM
Ty for the ShoutOut :)

/up
Should be able to get an updated lvl 90 gear list later today. Hardcore league is almost wrapped up for Harbringer so will probably just update a few things and hope that Dark pact is not nerfed into the ground for the next league XD.

Lvl 81 in hhc. This build is just great for farming t10-12, it's tanky AF and i like the constant onslaught and culling strike, very smooth sailing.

What jewels do you recomend? I think chaos dmg and inc % life would be the best.

Also, other than Warlords mark, i'm running herald of thunder and arctic armor, there's probably a better combo... you can get away with like 200 mana left.
Last edited by Jonte_84 on Oct 5, 2017, 2:08:10 AM
Got called out to work recently so I won't have update for lvl 90 gear/stats until after this weekend :(.

Catmouth1984: As far as jewels go chaos damage is very expensive cost wise. Since we are not double dipping you can easily just for % life and then Area Damage / Spell power wielding shield / Spell power / Damage / Strength (in order of value). I actually picked up quite a few % life/area damage/str jewel for between 5-8c. I think running bloodmagic node (35% life for 4 nodes) is more valuable than herald of thunder/arctic armor atm. Most of the time if you do shock with HoT it is just white mobs which already die very fast and we already can get very high amounts of phys mitigation with armor, the fire damage reduction is worthwhile but that does feel like a large trade off, especially since we get a significant increase in damage based on total hp (as well as higher life regen).

I am not sure what it is exactly but some harbringer packs (especially some in Beachhead maps) seem to be very tanky/possibly stun immune and ready to all hit at once after they are summoned. I do not know if this is intentional but I have been chunked for 8-9k damage in less than half a second by some of these and I know of others using skills like cyclone that have died to this as well. GL and SS everyone :)
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Oct 5, 2017, 6:28:02 PM
Its saying under review when i click to see gear / path of building link
Yep, going to do next round of updates today. Hopefully done by this evening. Guide was finished about a month ago and has since gone through quite a few changes, just been short on time as far as updating it :x.

Update: Just got another call from work and it looks like things are going to get busy soon. With this and the fact that we are looking at last month or so of league probably going to wrap things up until next league. Looking forward to what the next league brings :) It also kinda sucks because I literally just got my chest 6L as well after 500 fus XD
Last edited by Tome_of_exp on Oct 10, 2017, 4:10:06 PM
Passive tree suggestion for 1% more life and 12% reduced mana usage,

drop 3 +5% life passives (such as by Scion) and get 2 life and reduced mana and Tireless for +16% life near Templar
That does look good, will keep a note of that for when I re-update during this next league :D. Thank you for the input.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info