[3.0] The Unshaper | Crit Starforge Heavy Strike | Millions of DPS | Shaper in ~3:30

Just finish my item recently. My gear and gem set up below. My Heavy Strike damage is amazing but also i die so easily. Any suggestion to improve my character ?
Level : 79
Element resistance : >= 40%
Chaos resistance :-25%
Armor : 7k
Life : 6k
still sane exile ? Nope
"
kurofafi wrote:
Just finish my item recently. My gear and gem set up below. My Heavy Strike damage is amazing but also i die so easily. Any suggestion to improve my character ?
Level : 79
Element resistance : >= 40%

This has to be 75% on all 3. There's no way you play this game without max resists.

"
juan_bogu wrote:
hi, you said that this build works also with 5l starforge 5l terminus and 4 or 5l belly. But to do guardians and shaper is required any 6l? Or you can do all the content with 5l x3???

The fights will take ~40-50% longer, since you'll be lacking a 40-50% more damage multiplier.
As the 6L setup is deleting Shaper, this should still be more than viable.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Having a blast playing this!

Downed shaper, all guardians, uber atziri and many spider forests with this map :D

Here's the gear I use:
Spoiler

I've also got
but this feels exactly the same as the higher rolled "normal" starforge but I use it for Lacerate sometimes when I get tired of Flicker Strike.

Thanks a lot for the build guide! <3

Edit: About the culling strike Starforge.. I've tried with this one and the higher rolled one both in 2 shaper runs each and I'm now too poor to recolor it again (gets pricy) but it

Edit: not sure why I have faster projectiles in the starkonja's :O
Last edited by nathanielvd on Oct 15, 2017, 8:04:01 AM
What do you guys think about the 40% flicker damage enchantment for Starkonjas? Or am I better of just sticking with Heavy Strike enchant?
"
kurimaw666 wrote:
"
edit: Just put on abyssus, opened up a map with vulnerability on it, found a reflect rare, and killed it with flicker. It hurt, but it didn't one-round me. I don't see how you can possibly be getting one-rounded with starkonja.

In POB, my crit chance if I use 6L Terminus (75%) is 92% with crit multi of 445%. Of course I get one shot by flicker. It doesn't mean your experience to flicker applies to all. Your setup is different than mine.

I'm not sure I follow. We're all doing the same build here, why shouldn't my experience apply? Sure we might have small gear variations, but it isn't as though I'm comparing to a slayer flicker char or something. In any case, if there are differences resulting in me surviving, then figuring those out is sort of the whole point of this discussion, isn't it?

With abyssus I have 55k average damage with flicker, 92% crit chance, 568% crit multi.
With starkonja average damage drops to 33k, crit multi to 423%.

If I can survive reflect with abyssus, I have a hard time understanding how anybody can't survive it with starkonja. I'm not stacking up a ton of life (6.4k with starkonja).

If the reflect monster is completely alone, no other monsters to leech from, of course it will hurt quite a bit, but you do not get one-shot, and cwdt immortal call will rescue you from multistrike. As long as you flask, you should be fine.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Oct 16, 2017, 4:41:20 AM
"
What do you guys think about the 40% flicker damage enchantment for Starkonjas? Or am I better of just sticking with Heavy Strike enchant?

If you use your starkonja primarily for mapping, then a flicker enchant is fine. For maps up through T15 I don't even run the heavy strike jewels, I have some more flicker-oriented jewels I use. Doesn't matter, heavy strike will still delete T15 bosses super fast even without that stuff.
"
In any case, if there are differences resulting in me surviving, then figuring those out is sort of the whole point of this discussion, isn't it?

That's what I'm saying. I don't use the same setup as yours so why does your experience applies to me? I don't want to use basalt flask, belt of the deceiver just like you do. And the reason you survive reflect mobs is because of those items.

"
If I can survive reflect with abyssus, I have a hard time understanding how anybody can't survive it with starkonja. I'm not stacking up a ton of life (6.4k with starkonja).

You're being ridiculous. There's a reason a lot of people say flicker strike has issues with reflect. Don't be so arrogant and tell us because you don't die to reflect we shouldn't be dying too.
"
kurimaw666 wrote:
"
In any case, if there are differences resulting in me surviving, then figuring those out is sort of the whole point of this discussion, isn't it?

That's what I'm saying. I don't use the same setup as yours so why does your experience applies to me? I don't want to use basalt flask, belt of the deceiver just like you do. And the reason you survive reflect mobs is because of those items.

"

You're being ridiculous. There's a reason a lot of people say flicker strike has issues with reflect. Don't be so arrogant and tell us because you don't die to reflect we shouldn't be dying too.

Nobody has said reflect isn't an issue, only that it doesn't need to be a lethal one.

You shouldn't be dying frequently to reflect with any build. If you are doing so enough that it is a problem, you need to refine your build. Which again, is the whole point of this discussion. Different gear, different gems, different flasks, whatever. I'm trying to identify what refinements are needed for the people who are dying, so that they can fix it so they are not dying.

There's not really very many reasons it could be, so it shouldn't be that hard to identify them:

1) You do a lot more damage than me. If that's the reason, it is easily fixed by putting fortify in place of melee physical in the flicker link. Also my hat's off to you if you do more damage with starkonja than I do with abyssus.

2) You have less physical mitigation than me. I have 2.2k armor in hideout, 8k with flasks. I run basalt flask, I have fortify on leap slam, which I try to keep active. I have arctic armor. I also have 3.5k evasion, so every ~4th reflected hit should be evaded (shouldn't matter much).

3) Something with immortal call. I have cwdt (level 1) immortal call linked to inc duration. Immortal call lasts 0.69 seconds. That's the span of ~7 attacks (a bit more than two full multistrike flicker activations).

4) I have flasks up all the time, fortify most of the time.

5) I run Soul of Yugul.

edit:
I'd like to point out that I don't think you and I are really in disagreement here at all. You recognize that gear choices can be made to make flicker work, so where's the disagreement anyway? This line of conversation was spawned because there were posters (not you) who thought flicker did not work, and in fact said "not to trust" those who say flicker works. Clearly you can see the value in dispelling that falsehood?
Last edited by magicrectangle on Oct 16, 2017, 11:51:10 AM
"
edit: Just put on abyssus, opened up a map with vulnerability on it, found a reflect rare, and killed it with flicker. It hurt, but it didn't one-round me. I don't see how you can possibly be getting one-rounded with starkonja.

"

If the reflect monster is completely alone, no other monsters to leech from, of course it will hurt quite a bit, but you do not get one-shot, and cwdt immortal call will rescue you from multistrike. As long as you flask, you should be fine.

Because you say things in absolute. "I don't see how you can possibly.." "I have a hard time understanding how anybody.." "but you DO NOT get one-shot.." And in the end in your last post, you lists the possible reasons where someone could actually die using flicker.

All I'm saying is if you get unlucky with your crit on reflect mobs, you're donezo. It happened to me numerous times that's why I switched to cyclone where I can control my character better. And I'm not saying flicker doesn't work for this build, it does but you have to be careful with it with proper item choices; risky while leveling.
I do have a tendency to assume more is understood than I have actually said, I suppose. Sorry for that.

The part that is unsaid but I assumed was understood in the above is that the person has tried to mitigate the damage and failed. Obviously if you don't bother trying to mitigate the damage, you can one-shot yourself.

And sure, if you don't like the compromises you have to make to mitigate the damage, choosing a different approach is an option. Going cyclone isn't wrong (though I notice you have a fortify in your cyclone link, flicker isn't the only skill that has to deal with it), but meh, flicker is faster, and most certainly can be made safe vs reflect.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Oct 16, 2017, 2:34:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info