[3.0] 10M DPS+ | Face tanking Shaper & Guardians | Brutus' Lead Sprinkler | Molten Strike/Sunder

"
andrey476 wrote:
ok so anger or herald of ash?

Anger. HoA uses ur physical dmg. You dont deal any phys dmg so HoA doesnt work.
"
pyloniac wrote:
"
andrey476 wrote:

That's actually incorrect. You have some base physical damage from the weapon, so Herald of Ash will add damage.

On top of that a 20% quality Herald of Ash grants 15% increased Fire Damage, which is a nice bonus.

The biggest appeal of HoA is that is makes your clearspeed faster because a few kills will burn down the whole back (it cleans up stragglers).

HoA can be and is used on builds that don't deal any phys damage simply because of the overkill burn effect.

That being said Anger does give you more DPS for single target. Since this build doesn't run MoM, I would recommend you run Anger in this case. (On my own build I run Blasphemy Flammability and HoA and have 40% of my mana unreserved for MoM).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
pyloniac wrote:
"
andrey476 wrote:

That's actually incorrect. You have some base physical damage from the weapon, so Herald of Ash will add damage.

On top of that a 20% quality Herald of Ash grants 15% increased Fire Damage, which is a nice bonus.

The biggest appeal of HoA is that is makes your clearspeed faster because a few kills will burn down the whole back (it cleans up stragglers).

HoA can be and is used on builds that don't deal any phys damage simply because of the overkill burn effect.

That being said Anger does give you more DPS for single target. Since this build doesn't run MoM, I would recommend you run Anger in this case. (On my own build I run Blasphemy Flammability and HoA and have 40% of my mana unreserved for MoM).

Well than the Avatar of Fire tooltip is incorrect. It says "Deal no Non-Fire Damage". Physical damage is non-fire damage. Confused.

Also I tested lvl 26 HoA instead of anger while wearing Biscos and it didnt really add any clearspeed. The DoT on the mobs was barely noticable.
"
pyloniac wrote:

Well than the Avatar of Fire tooltip is incorrect. It says "Deal no Non-Fire Damage". Physical damage is non-fire damage. Confused.

Also I tested lvl 26 HoA instead of anger while wearing Biscos and it didnt really add any clearspeed. The DoT on the mobs was barely noticable.

Additions (like 15% phys added as fire) apply before conversion. It works off of your base physical damage.

Say your hit did 100 physical damage, and you had through a variety of sources 100% of physical damage converted to fire damage, and Herald of Ash, which adds 15% of your physical damage as fire damage.

Your hit would deal 115 fire damage (100 phys, converted to fire, and 15 fire added from 15% of 100).

Does that make sense?
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
Yes, it does provide a slight bonus, to physical damage. So now your projectile attacks get 1% increased physical damage per 5 STR just like your melee attacks. Any DPS increase in PoB will be because of scaling the base physical damage of your weapon.

Lets say you had 1200 STR and a perfect roll (which is 116 pdps). 1200/5 = 240% increased physical damage. For the sake of simplicity, lets say this is a basic attack with the weapon. You're going from 116 pdps -> 394 pdps. (an increase of 278).

But with 1200 STR we have an additional 480 - 840 fire damage. At 1.44 APS this is 950.4 ele dps.
Getting 30% ele damage is better than iron grip here, as it will give you 285 dps.

The moral of the story is that while Iron Grip is a damage increase, it's not going to be as much as getting a good ele damage node, esp given the other scaling being done. When I did BLS back in 2.6 I avoided all the pathing to Iron Grip and ended up with a much better build overall. Iron Grip is a noob trap, IMO.
Okay fair call, so here's the way I see it:
I want to get unwavering stance so I don't get stunned so I'm going to that bottom left area. Then for just 1 STR travel node I can move onto 23% maximum life which isn't a waste or bad. Next I want to go to the Lava lash for major damage boost, either way it's 2 STR node travel. So for only 1 point, and not out of the way I can grab Iron grip where I can't just find a 30% elemental damage just floating around. The other option is I give up the life nodes and just go for more damage by going to Forces of nature for 2 DEX travel nodes for a total of 5 points.

So i'll give you this, I can trade life for damage but I also don't want to be 1 of those builds that just gets all the damage nodes and 0 survival/utility.

"
BrunoToledo wrote:
Is it better to use two The Taming or just one?
Just 1 is best.

"
pyloniac wrote:
Does the lightning dmg from our golem apply shock with the ring? :D
It's also affected by Avatar of Fire.

"
andrey476 wrote:
Like other helpful people in the thread have recommended, HoA for general clearing/mapping or Anger for just pure Shaper damage.

"
andrey476 wrote:
CAN U TANK UBER IZARO?
I face tanked uber lab before I finished act 10 but it was an easy day. I don't recommend it because we don't have a lot of physical reduction and with his buffs up he can 1 shot us.
Dedicated Kiwi~
Last edited by RenoFox on Sep 10, 2017, 11:45:14 PM
so if we use anger and flamability we cant use arctic armor?
"
andrey476 wrote:
so if we use anger and flamability we cant use arctic armor?
Correct.
Dedicated Kiwi~
Hi, i'm using sunder for mapping, so should i swap Element focus sup for another gem because it's "unable to apply elemental status ailments" that makes me lose damage boost from the taming ring. Is that right? Can you explain for me and give recommendation for another gem. Thank you
can't believe people are running around with sub 6k life with this build. i get 8k+ without the scion life wheel 5% nodes or belly.

the unique strength glove is entirely terrible, and the black sun helmet is not that good either.
Last edited by awayish on Sep 12, 2017, 5:08:29 AM
Hello,

I start the season with a raider Frost blades and was frustrated to not be able to kill shaper "easily".

Then i find ur build, decided to reroll and i kill shaper at lvl 87. It's not a cheap build, it's really expensive but at least it keeps its promises so i just wanted to thanks u for this build.

For those who want to know my gear u can inspect my character profile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info