[3.7] IcyTank - Ice Crash Facebreaker Tank (400k+ DPS) - EndGame viable

You might wanna read on damage conversion. The crutch is icecrash has a build-in 50% cold conversion and converted damage benefits from all multipliers of original damage. So he gets as much as possible flat physical damage from gear, which gets multiplied by facebreakers and then converted to lightning and cold in order to scale from "weapon elemental damage with attacks" fully. I wonder if Shroud of the Lightless can replace the chest while meginord swapped with a rare abyss belt.
Hey guys, I've been thoroughly enjoying this build so far, hilarious really haha.

If you guys could help me out real quick, I'm a newer player and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding where the tankiness comes from in the build.

Every so often I'll get 2 shot from a couple of the minor gods, I know I'm not even close to optimally geared but maybe if I start understanding where and how to get tanky I'll be able to adjust!

Thanks

P.S - Here's a link to my characters
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Herlock_/characters
Last edited by Herlock_ on Dec 16, 2017, 10:12:47 AM
"
Herlock_ wrote:
Hey guys, I've been thoroughly enjoying this build so far, hilarious really haha.

If you guys could help me out real quick, I'm a newer player and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding where the tankiness comes from in the build.

Every so often I'll get 2 shot from a couple of the minor gods, I know I'm not even close to optimally geared but maybe if I start understanding where and how to get tanky I'll be able to adjust!

Thanks

Hi
Your characters is private.
Tanky is combination of gears, skill points, ascendancy points, flask, auras.
When Abyssus is equped it's incease by min 40% all incoming damage.
* You need block chance as high as you can get. Important to get Ascendancy Versatile Combatant.
* Make sure you capt all resists (except chaos) at 75.
* Flask, you need rumi's to max block chance and amethyst to chaos resist
* Endurance changes, pretty important. One give you 4% phys reduction and 4% all resistence
* Armor high as you can
* Arctic Armour
"
Anjin_sun wrote:
"
Herlock_ wrote:

Thanks

Hi
Your characters is private.
Tanky is combination of gears, skill points, ascendancy points, flask, auras.
When Abyssus is equped it's incease by min 40% all incoming damage.
* You need block chance as high as you can get. Important to get Ascendancy Versatile Combatant.
* Make sure you capt all resists (except chaos) at 75.
* Flask, you need rumi's to max block chance and amethyst to chaos resist
* Endurance changes, pretty important. One give you 4% phys reduction and 4% all resistence
* Armor high as you can
* Arctic Armour

Thanks for the reply!

I went through and made my characters public - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Herlock_/characters

I actually just completed the Cruel Lab so now I have Painforged and Versatile Combatant. I'm not quite at the level yet to use Abyssus but by the sound of it, it going to be a turning point for me when I am able to use it.

I'll have to get my hands on a Rumi's.

Thanks, once I'm able to get my characters public, you may be able to give specific suggestions.
Last edited by Herlock_ on Dec 16, 2017, 11:31:32 AM
So your not using corrugated buckler any more?
Can someone recommend upgrades for my char? Im guessing jewelery is next?
"
iSlimBeef wrote:
Can someone recommend upgrades for my char? Im guessing jewelery is next?

Really nice shield and chest :)

Yep, your amulet and rings are the best up you can get right now : higher flat physical damage + elemental damage with attacks + life.

You can also try to get +1 endurance charge on meginord's girdle, 4% physical damage reduction is always good to get
"
Herlock_ wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

I went through and made my characters public - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Herlock_/characters

I actually just completed the Cruel Lab so now I have Painforged and Versatile Combatant. I'm not quite at the level yet to use Abyssus but by the sound of it, it going to be a turning point for me when I am able to use it.

Thanks, once I'm able to get my characters public, you may be able to give specific suggestions.

Hello,

You have a 50% increased dmage taken abyssus, you should get a 40% one, it will make a big difference !

And you should try to get more life on your items, with this stuff + abyssus it's pretty normal to get one shot by big mobs, you should play with a Deidbell helmet and switch to abyssus when you get at least 5k life.
"
mayo wrote:
"
Herlock_ wrote:
Thanks for the reply!

Hello,

You have a 50% increased dmage taken abyssus, you should get a 40% one, it will make a big difference !

And you should try to get more life on your items, with this stuff + abyssus it's pretty normal to get one shot by big mobs, you should play with a Deidbell helmet and switch to abyssus when you get at least 5k life.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely have to get my hands on a better Abyssus, currently super poor and this dropped for me so I've been using it.

I'm sitting at around 3.7k and I'm finding it pretty hard to raise by health up some more but I'm not finding the right jewels most likely. I'll take another close look at the guide and see what I can cook up.

What's your opinion on Daresso's Courage as a placeholder until I get an appropriate 6L chest?

Thanks again
"
Herlock_ wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely have to get my hands on a better Abyssus, currently super poor and this dropped for me so I've been using it.

I'm sitting at around 3.7k and I'm finding it pretty hard to raise by health up some more but I'm not finding the right jewels most likely. I'll take another close look at the guide and see what I can cook up.

What's your opinion on Daresso's Courage as a placeholder until I get an appropriate 6L chest?

Thanks again

Daresso's courage means no life on your shield, so I wouldn't recommend it since you are already lacking a lot of life. A rare one with some life and some crafted flat physical damage would be much better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info