Elemental Equilibrium

You can rotate traps? and there are more builds possible with it, but unfortunately I keep some stuff to the guild, to prevent item crowding ;)

There is more use to it than EA and I wouldn't change what it is.
Last edited by Ozgwald on Nov 14, 2013, 11:42:31 AM
Suggestion:

I'd like for the keystone to be changed to:

Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistances to those Elements and -50% Resistances to other Elements.

Other players' offensive auras are not applied to your character.

Because it would make grouping with other people easier, and grouping with new people is fun sometimes. One can argue: "Only group with friends who will change their auras to take advantage of EE." And that's a good enough point, but... it's very likely that you met those friends by joining a random group in the first place.

It sucks to have to type: "Hey, I'm using EE. Please turn off aura X to make life easier." Maybe I should macro it? Sometimes arguements arise which can be completely side-stepped if their aura (Wrath, Anger, or Hatred) simply didn't apply at all to my EE character.
Last edited by Daemonjax on Dec 9, 2013, 10:37:47 AM
Ahoy,

I was just thinking about making an elemental hit Scion with EE, since it (on average) should boost the elemental DPS of the skill by 25%. I was struck by two issues when digging into the mechanics, which have been pointed out through the course of this thread:

- Added elemental damage is everywhere. Mostly in token "Here, have 2 cold damage" amounts. Makes gearing an EE character tricky.
- This keystone cripples your ability to play in parties, because of elemental auras.

To combat this, I'd suggest/endorse the following:

- Make it so the character can't use or be affected by elemental auras. A way to offset this penalty would be to make the keystone give a +5% chance to inflict status ailments. Alternately, some means to convert elemental auras into affliction chance would be equally good, and still give EE users a reason to run those auras (a high chance of inflicting status ailments without relying on crit nodes is appealing to me).
- Ignore very small elemental damage, something like 5-10 damage. Just so that having "Adds 3-6 fire damage" on some gear doesn't make it completely unusable.
Two questions:

1) MINIONS don't trigger EE, but they BENEFIT from it if you trigger it yourself, right? Directly or through totems. [i.e. you deal Fire damage yourself to an enemy, your minion would deal extra Lightning and/or Cold damage to that enemy]

2) If you have Ancestral Bond and you cast a Fire spell yourself (directly), would it trigger EE? [I guess not since it does not do damage, but just asking]
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Yes and no respectively.
Thank you for the answer. :- )

Another one:
Consider that you have Ancestral Bond and Elemental Equilibrium. You use Fire Trap. Would that Fire Trap proc EE (that is, make enemies vulnerable to Cold and Lightning)?
That's the same as your second question :P No Damage -> no EE proc.
(Damage over Time != Damage - DoT never works with EE)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 2, 2014, 11:08:27 AM
Thank you! I wish the EE keystone text clearly stated "direct damage" instead of "Enemies you hit...". One could get that "Enemies you hit..." would also consider traps/mines and possibly even totems of your own.
Last edited by markus7 on Feb 2, 2014, 11:32:04 AM
Wait you're right and I'm dumb. Why did I screw that up.

Traps still deal Damage, and since they use your stats, they will trigger EE! Sorry for the confusion.
Traps, Mines and Totems all function the same when it comes to dealing Damage and triggering stuff; they all trigger EE, even with Ancestral Bond.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 2, 2014, 1:29:11 PM
Ah! Thanks! ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info