Elemental Equilibrium

EE doesn't increase the cap, so even if the mob already has 75% lightning resist it'll still have 75%.
"
zharmad wrote:
Same speed, same geometry works best... I've had it work with faster casting on ice nova and no faster cast on shock nova. Spark is very irregular with its hit rate, whereas firestorm is very regular - so your hits will generally be strings of the same element, and be worse off..

Imagine that your totem spark a lightning resistant monster, will that monster now be immune until the net firestorm bolt hits?

As long as lighning damage get applied quicker than fire it should work, shouldnt it? I mean lighning only should apply shock status and lower resistance for fire. Wouldnt be that big deal if 2 lighnings in a row would be a bit weaker....
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
sweetaction wrote:
so if i use two attack spells

Skills. :) It's an important distinction to make, since Attacks and Spells work very different from eachother.

Yes, you'll have to be careful selecting your gear when combining Attacks and EE. A bunch of keystones are inherently limiting; EE is not really different there. With the Glacial/Infernal idea, you can still grab Lightning damage just fine, but it will be less effective than is normally the case. You still get incredible amounts of Fire and Cold damage.

my main concern is if a piece of gear has +2 fire damage, does that proc the fire resist when i glacial hammer so then my infernal blow will be worse?
"
sweetaction wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
sweetaction wrote:
so if i use two attack spells

Skills. :) It's an important distinction to make, since Attacks and Spells work very different from eachother.

Yes, you'll have to be careful selecting your gear when combining Attacks and EE. A bunch of keystones are inherently limiting; EE is not really different there. With the Glacial/Infernal idea, you can still grab Lightning damage just fine, but it will be less effective than is normally the case. You still get incredible amounts of Fire and Cold damage.

my main concern is if a piece of gear has +2 fire damage, does that proc the fire resist when i glacial hammer so then my infernal blow will be worse?

Yes
I'm confused by long thread.
So yes or no with E.E?

Arc + Spell Totem + Added Cold Damage (apply -50% resist fire, shock)
Fireball + Spell Totem (Primary Damage Fire skill with crit build)
Last edited by ubertwistedoak on Feb 24, 2013, 4:53:41 PM
"
I'm confused by long thread.
So yes or no with E.E?

Arc + Spell Totem + Added Cold Damage (apply -50% resist fire, shock)
Fireball + Spell Totem (Primary Damage Fire skill with crit build)

Don't need Added Cold Damage, Arc alone applies -50%.
i need a little bit of clarification on the mechanics of this node:

for example, if i use an ice spell but link it with an added lightening support gem do i get +25% resist to ice _and_ cold but then -50% so the net would be -25% resist?

second, does chaos damage do anything with ee?
IGN: anectine
yeah confused as well about this node.

lets say my bow does cold dmg, my helm adds fire, and my amulet adds lightning dmg.

cold: monster get +25% resist, but -50% resists for fire + lightning
fire: +25%/-50%/-50%
lightning: +25%/-50%/-50%

net:
monster gets -25% resist for all elements?!
Last 2 questions it's really SIMPLE.

When you hit a mob, it gives +25% resist to ALL elements you used in that hit. It gives -50% to everything you DID NOT USE. If you hit with 3elements, it gives +25% to everything. If you hit with 2 elements, it gives +25% to the 2 you used and -50% to the 3rd. If you use a single, +25% to the element used and -50% to the other 2.

There is never any math happening, it's always either -50% or +25%.

Chaos isn't an element.

This thread is old and lots of the early stuff refers to the old skill. I think closing this thread could be useful as a lot of the information in here is outdated and seems to confuse people.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Feb 25, 2013, 2:23:46 AM
"
PyrosEien wrote:
Last 2 questions it's really SIMPLE.

When you hit a mob, it gives +25% resist to ALL elements you used in that hit. It gives -50% to everything you DID NOT USE. If you hit with 3elements, it gives +25% to everything. If you hit with 2 elements, it gives +25% to the 2 you used and -50% to the 3rd. If you use a single, +25% to the element used and -50% to the other 2.

There is never any math happening, it's always either -50% or +25%.

Chaos isn't an element.

This thread is old and lots of the early stuff refers to the old skill. I think closing this thread could be useful as a lot of the information in here is outdated and seems to confuse people.

THX!
so i need to hit them first with a lvl 1 firestorm, then nail them with my 1000 dps lighting arrow.

they only get +25% once, right?
so after my weak fire attack, then only get +25% to lightning no matter how many LA's i fire?
Last edited by Pi314 on Feb 25, 2013, 9:36:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info