[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

Hi, I never played wander before so may I know which one do you pick first, avatar of the veil or avatar of the slaughter? Thanks in advance.
"
Desreien wrote:
"
habkor wrote:
Nice overview.

Two further suggestions:

(1) Atziri's Step is a good alternative for the boots slot, especially when using Queen of the Forest and speccing into Phase Acrobatics. It's also budget friendly and can be bought with enchant.

(2) Greater Multiple Projectiles tends to outperform Slower Projectiles when not using Dying Sun.

Thanks for reminding me to add Atziri's Step as an option. Was planning on it but forgot.
As for GMP, you are correct.
I've added GMP as an option instead of slower projectiles, and added Atziri's Step also.

"
habkor wrote:

Other than that, do you have any opinion on using Duelist/Champion as class/ascendancy? The position on the tree is quite good, the ascendancy provides nice bonuses to damage and evasion, and permanent Fortify should greatly enhance survivability with the typically limited life pool of life wander builds.

I did a little bit of testing on PoB with Champion. Using a QotF in and starting with my Deadeye tree, it actually looks decent on paper. 2.424m DPS vs Shaper, 5.5k life, and 168% MS with Onslaught up. I'd have to test it ingame, but it might be an option.

Glad that I could contribute. I will also test some more with Champion, but currently my play time is quite limited unfortunately. (Did you path into Celerity in your version? Seems like a nice way to recover some of the lost movement speed vs. Pathfinder/Raider.)

Some other ideas for your guide: Empowering Wrath (with Enlighten), Yes/No? And somewhat related: Corruption on gloves (when using Thunderfist - +1 gems or Elemental Weakness?), amulet (when using Bisco's - +1 curse?) and shield (when using Lycosidae - +1 gems or spell block?).
Guys I get it almost all essential gear for my first wander, except for good rings/amulet and armor, and now that I'm low on currency. (FeelsBadMan)

For survivability is better to get a queen of Forest 5l, while try to link one 6l, or stay with 6l below?

Cause I'm dying a lot from tier 14/15 maps.

And im up for any tips to upgrade.

Thanks!

Current gear
Spoiler

Last edited by LimitLegend on Aug 29, 2017, 7:29:43 AM
What do you expect if you have such low hp and no defense? No eva on armor, bisco collar, thunderfist and shitty shield which give you some dps but you dont need dps if you have tempest binding and GGG flasks.

You should take either QotF or Belly and use normal eva shield and myabe get ridd of thunderfist and use gripped gloves instead.

Also you can use Vall summon skieletons for bosses/hard encounters and decoy totem. Git gut because wanderer is not old 2.6 CI wanderer that could face tank everything.

BTW I think OP have not player wanderer in previous leagues because saying that Raider >>> Pathfinder is just nonsense at least for elemental wanderer.
Last edited by zaboleqqq on Aug 29, 2017, 9:14:42 AM
no rush man but can we get a scion pob link?
"
bossads wrote:
Hi, I never played wander before so may I know which one do you pick first, avatar of the veil or avatar of the slaughter? Thanks in advance.

Avatar of Slaughter first, MS and free frenzy is too good.

"
habkor wrote:
Glad that I could contribute. I will also test some more with Champion, but currently my play time is quite limited unfortunately. (Did you path into Celerity in your version? Seems like a nice way to recover some of the lost movement speed vs. Pathfinder/Raider.)

Some other ideas for your guide: Empowering Wrath (with Enlighten), Yes/No? And somewhat related: Corruption on gloves (when using Thunderfist - +1 gems or Elemental Weakness?), amulet (when using Bisco's - +1 curse?) and shield (when using Lycosidae - +1 gems or spell block?).

I tried empower / enlighted Wrath, the DPS increased was so insignificant I didn't think it was worth the gem sockets. With Thunderfists, both ele weak and +1 is viable. With ele weak you wont be generating power charges for mapping unless you have +1 curse ammy. On that note, definitely +1 curse biscos, because you can then use ele weak on gloves, and maybe run a second curse for bosses. +1 gems on Lycosidae for sure, just socket wrath in there for a little bit more damage.

"
LimitLegend wrote:
Guys I get it almost all essential gear for my first wander, except for good rings/amulet and armor, and now that I'm low on currency. (FeelsBadMan)

For survivability is better to get a queen of Forest 5l, while try to link one 6l, or stay with 6l below?

Cause I'm dying a lot from tier 14/15 maps.

And im up for any tips to upgrade.

A 6link is not necessary unless you're running Guardians / Shaper. If you need survivability, I wouldn't recommend a QotF, it only really gives MS. I'd recommend a 5l belly / perfect form if your struggling to stay alive. I'd only recommend running either Tempest's Binding or Thunderfists, not both. Drop your Tunderfist in place of some rare gloves with good life and accuracy, since you're not using Lycosidae. Since I can't see your tree, I don't know what you've taken. But, make sure you have all the HP nodes, and maybe think about taking Acrobatics for 2 points, that will for sure help you survive.

"
zaboleqqq wrote:
BTW I think OP have not player wanderer in previous leagues because saying that Raider >>> Pathfinder is just nonsense at least for elemental wanderer.

Pathfinder was the best in all previous leagues after Ascendancy. But with the recent nerfs to PF in 3.0, Raider is actually much more viable, especially for ele wander. Whether or not you want to believe it is up to you, but all you need to do is look at PoB and test it for yourself.

"
Selvam wrote:
no rush man but can we get a scion pob link?

Sorry about that, I hit the 24hour limit for sharing on pastebin lol. Should be updated now.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
What should i upgrade gear wise?? and is it worth speccing out of pathfinder to raider?? i like doing end game bosses and mapping a little for the most part

"
iMythic wrote:
What should i upgrade gear wise?? and is it worth speccing out of pathfinder to raider?? i like doing end game bosses and mapping a little for the most part

First thing, you have Conqueror's Efficiency, you need Conqueror's Potency for the extra projectile from Dying Sun as a PF. As for gear upgrades, look at getting added lightning damage enchant for your boots. Try and get betting rings, WED and accuracy are best, Opal base if possible. Other than that, consider upgrading to a rare wand.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
Thank you!
Thanks for the guide, going to be switching to this build I think from the one I'm using currently.

If you take a look at my gear, am I correct in assuming my next upgrade is a 6L chest? I'm having issues surviving vs map bosses but clear speed is great. I really like your helmet choice and might drop the gloves for that setup instead.

p.s I know my jewels are absolute trash atm

Gear

Last edited by burz96 on Aug 29, 2017, 3:05:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info