[3.0] Wand’s Guide to Wanding – Comprehensive Overview of Wanders

"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
actually i advocate spending 3 passive points towards pierce

I can see now you're running a significantly different build on the passive side that doesn't touch the scion wheel of life, the useful resistance nodes, or art of gladiator (amazing attack speed and movement speed boost). I can definitely see how that would free up points for more options on the right side of the tree. I'm fairly sure nobody using OP's fully built build is having trouble running full tilt across high tier maps obliterating everything that's not unique, so it's probably just one of those beauty of choices scenarios.

well im using a slightly different tree, sure. just different pathing, mostly because vaal pact isn't necessary so i don't use it.

i honestly disagree with how OP pathed anyway, as its much more efficient to go up the right side of the tree and also grab the hp nodes. but to each their own.

here is my tree. i don't invest in jewel sockets yet because jewels are expensive and hard to craft decent ones so i don't have great ones. if i ever got one, i'd definitely find room to place it. if ppl have them then feel free to place them.
this tree gives me 184% life and i use a 38% belly.
Last edited by xMustard on Sep 6, 2017, 5:06:14 PM
For someone just starting out is it best to go raider? Do not have the currency for the flasks and my friend is about level 38
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
actually i advocate spending 3 passive points towards pierce

I can see now you're running a significantly different build on the passive side that doesn't touch the scion wheel of life, the useful resistance nodes, or art of gladiator (amazing attack speed and movement speed boost). I can definitely see how that would free up points for more options on the right side of the tree. I'm fairly sure nobody using OP's fully built build is having trouble running full tilt across high tier maps obliterating everything that's not unique, so it's probably just one of those beauty of choices scenarios.

well im using a slightly different tree, sure. just different pathing, mostly because vaal pact isn't necessary so i don't use it.

i honestly disagree with how OP pathed anyway, as its much more efficient to go up the right side of the tree and also grab the hp nodes. but to each their own.

here is my tree. i don't invest in jewel sockets yet because jewels are expensive and hard to craft decent ones so i don't have great ones. if i ever got one, i'd definitely find room to place it. if ppl have them then feel free to place them.
this tree gives me 184% life and i use a 38% belly.

The reason I don't path up the right side is because Vaal Pact is necessary. Vaal Pact is the single most important defensive node in this build. Once you reach T15+ maps, guardians, Shaper, and Uber Atziri, you will realize this.
IGN: Desreien / Wand / Science
#1 Wander Guide: 1979794
"
xMustard wrote:

Ah, I was looking at the wrong character then. I peeked at the one Jamie_baby. I feel like vaal pact is required for this style of character when it comes to the tougher stuff, as leech just isn't fast enough without it unless you grab a lot of the leech nodes and there isn't a lot of regeneration available on this side of the passive tree. If it's working, then awesome! It's pretty simple to grab vaal pact later where these builds sit. I'm still hanging around the T9-11 range mostly, but I think I'd explode pretty quick without vaal pact as much as my health bar flickers on boss fights.
Hey nice build everying in so deatil i am enjoying the build ez to wipe anyone single target or grouped enemies currently i am using this gear
My Gear:
Spoiler
"
DeviL2024 wrote:
Hey nice build everying in so deatil i am enjoying the build ez to wipe anyone single target or grouped enemies currently i am using this gear
My Gear:
Spoiler

170 edps wand really better than Piscator?
IGN: Javana
no its not

get a culling and its very useful

yes it increases 15k damage then piscator i have used both piscator with cullingstrike and this i prefer rare also :)
Hey, I've been using your build with slight adjustments, and while I'm still in building stages, I figured instead of using a pierce gem in kinetic blast I could go with Voidwalker. I didn't need resistances in my boots so initially I used Atziri's boots, but then I noticed I'm phasing almost all the time. And Voidwalker gives pierce on phasing + movement speed + decent evasion and quite great defences - 20% to avoid projectiles while phasing (which we do almost all the time with Raider ascendancy) and quite OK evasion for the budget Queen armour.

Is that a wrong deduction?
"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

Ah, I was looking at the wrong character then. I peeked at the one Jamie_baby. I feel like vaal pact is required for this style of character when it comes to the tougher stuff, as leech just isn't fast enough without it unless you grab a lot of the leech nodes and there isn't a lot of regeneration available on this side of the passive tree. If it's working, then awesome! It's pretty simple to grab vaal pact later where these builds sit. I'm still hanging around the T9-11 range mostly, but I think I'd explode pretty quick without vaal pact as much as my health bar flickers on boss fights.

ya right now im getting stuck at t9-t11 as well. can't seem to break through with decent map drops as of yet.
right now i have no issue with bosses. i do still die occasionally, but its mostly due to reflect mobs that harbingers spawn near a god damn shield pillar while im firing out KB. thats happened a cpl times last cpl days.

i also use the life flask pantheon minor, upgraded is great. it gives 60% inc flask recovery on low life, which almost instantly fills your hp bar.

one shots are one shots though, and vaal pact won't help in that situation at all. vs bosses its where i die the most. without vaal pact all you gotta do is just not totally stand still and try to facetank bosses. you can still facetank most things i'd say, but you should be kiting things out a bit more, is all.

now that i've broken 6k life, with potential of 800 more once i get my last ascendancy, i seem to have enough buffer to soak up some damage while leeching that most things are no worry.
only maps i reroll at elemental damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info