That new retarded corpse explosion

Anyone find out what it is yet? Thing is max retarded.

I have yet to discover the source of the delayed corpse explosion but it's far out. No way to really spot it, it would appear. Got it in an undead monsters zana. Is quite rare and it's way overtuned. This time it oneshot me on a zana level 82 area with no damage mods on a harbinger after everything was dead. 7.2k hp, fortify, 16.3k armour and with taste of hate active as well.

Maybe it's a skeleton buffing a friendly target to explode after death and it goes on the necro. Whatever it is, it's lame. I swear i've been studying monster descriptions and watched them act in the maps where this invis corpse explosion occurs and still haven't found out wtf that shit is.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 26, 2017, 8:01:24 AM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2018, 9:38:43 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Would need more details.

The only things i can think of are the new zombie's that throw their head at you if you kill em.(which i assume, though not sure, is a fire based skill)

And then there's the big belly monsters that explode themselves after you kill them. But i think those fall under the "abomination" category of monsters.

New skelly's can be deathly though, cyclone fuckers can hit hard. And then there's the farmers with their lance attack that's can also pack a punch with the right modifiers and has some solid range.

I quite like it, old skelly's where poor and basically a free xp map.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Wasn't any of that - it was just a map packed with various types of skeletons, necros and maybe zombies. Could possible have been some kind of new messed up undead among but didn't spot any with any special skills.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
You sure it's not corpses from monsters summoned by the Stygian Spectres (the bone spidertaur things in Belly of the Beat, the Bone Queen is the unique version)?

The things they summon explode on a short delay after you kill them, there is a visual cue they're about to explode, but it's very, very easy to miss.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
^didn't mention that since it's not a new thing of the 3.0 release, sort of assumed everybody knows about that by now.

But yeah they can pack a solid punch in the right maps and if your positioned in an overlap.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^didn't mention that since it's not a new thing of the 3.0 release, sort of assumed everybody knows about that by now.

But yeah they can pack a solid punch in the right maps and if your positioned in an overlap.

Peace,

-Boem-

I haven't experienced any new corpse explosion thing yet that I remember through 4 beta playthroughs and my current level 89.9 character. This was really the only thing I could think of that would be a "lolsurprise BOOM" event.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I've noticed various corpses exploding in lots of little pops lately, but never really paid them much mind since I'm playing a life hybrid ES build with MoM. So I'm kind of a damage sponge all things said and done XD
Combat is simple.
Keep your blood in.
Take theirs out.
It wasn't stygian either, none were in map.

I'd honestly have thought it was bugged volatiles that was invisible, if it wasn't because they can't do nearly that damage - even if the necro had cursed me. A necro was killed in both cases and i suspect the damage could be based of that exploding.

Either way, it's nasty and damn near impossible to spot.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 26, 2017, 10:52:20 AM
Inb4 he got DD Totem'd and he didn't even notice map mod "Area has many totems"
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
In after smartass comment from typical braindead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info