[3.0] CI Essence Drain Trickster Level100 Harbinger#1

"
Kjede wrote:
PoB link shows 104 movespeed but I didn't see so much in your items and passives and ascendancy. Am I missing something or is it calculating in the potion usage?

Yeah, it's include flask effects. Additionally, +10% movespeed on full ES from Ghost Dance ascendancy.

"
Kjede wrote:
Why flame dash with CWDT? Doesn't it give you reduced control and sends you towards melee range?

It's lv20 Flame Dash doesn't link the cwdt setup. It's just for mobility.

"
Kjede wrote:
And lastly - you said it's not perfect for end game tanky bosses. Is that because it's slower in killing but still effective - just not farm effective? Or is it weak to them and unable to clear them? If it's the former - can't you have a second weapon set with more damage potential to switch to in boss fights? Like Rippling Thoughts or the crazy staff suggested in this ED build? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963181/page/1

Main damage of ED is "DoT" that you can concentrate to dodge boss attacks, once you apply it. Combined with other defense mechanics, this is safer boss killing build if you know the boss mechanics well. But obviously, it's not fast. I've killed guardians/shaper/uber atziri with brightbeak :)
I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
The dream is real. - 2017
Last edited by Koshiniki on Sep 14, 2017, 9:42:37 AM
"
xour wrote:
Hi there, I was wondering if you could please give us some comparison between Trickster and Occultist? Why choose one over the other. Thanks a bunch!

Trickster
+ High mobility(Attack Speed/Cast Speed/Move Speed)
+ Higher ES Regen/ES Recharge by Patient Reaper
+ Additional Evasion

Occultist
+ ES Recharge is not interrupted

Final damage and ES is almost same. Trickster needs charges to reach maximum damage. It can be weakness in some situations like tanky boss fight.

Conclusion
Speed Map Clearing - Trickster
Boss Killer - Occultist

I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
Hi, thank you for the guide, I'm currently lvl 70 so not quite ready for the CI transition yet, but I was wondering, is there a benefit to this set up versus a low life shavs setup (other than not needing to 6L a shavs obviously...).

If you could take me through the pro's/con's I would greatly appreciate it.
"
jonjw19 wrote:
Hi, thank you for the guide, I'm currently lvl 70 so not quite ready for the CI transition yet, but I was wondering, is there a benefit to this set up versus a low life shavs setup (other than not needing to 6L a shavs obviously...).

If you could take me through the pro's/con's I would greatly appreciate it.

It's simple.

LL
30% more damage(need 6L shav ofc)
an additional aura(there are no useful auras honestly).

CI
"Chaos Immunity"
I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
I ran ED CI Trickster this league (37/40 on just this character) as well, though I did invest in the rot jewels and allelopathy to give them a go. This was my first real league so much of it was spent learning. Smooth sailing through level 93 where I'm letting him sit while I work on a secondary character.

With Brine, do you really feel chayula is still a mandatory piece? I've had pretty safe mapping subbing it out for biscos / extra stat ammy, but would love to hear your thoughts on that!

As for bossing, I ended up having to put a 4L lightning warp on swap to deal with Minotaur reliably, but that fight is 100x more annoying than shaper from what I've experienced. I'm glad to hear that longer boss fights are normal for ED builds and it wasn't just me!

Thanks for the guide, just wish I saw it sooner than just now!
"Life is weighted dice. You have some control over the outcome, but you'll never win if you don't roll."
Last edited by Frosthaven83 on Sep 15, 2017, 2:14:48 AM
"
Frosthaven83 wrote:
With Brine, do you really feel chayula is still a mandatory piece?

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tested it.
I feel Chayula(Stun Immunity) is not mandatory with Soul of the Brine King Pantheon for regular mapping.
I need Tokyo GW. - 2014
Is this build (CI or life?) HC viable?
What if you dont have the +1 curse on Ammy ?What would u run change?
Hey,

Isn't "Breath of the Council Carnal Sceptre" a viable option for the build?
and how do you get that early 2nd curse if you mana can't handle it (no high lvl enlighten yet)

Thnx xx
What do you think about 5L ED in death's oath and 6s gem efficacy? Ofcourse, less ES but more dmg from death aura. Or this build requires more survivability then DMG?
Last edited by No_Free_Names on Oct 24, 2017, 12:28:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info