[3.0][SC/HC] EK Inquisitor

Hey, first of all, thanks for the guide. It's great and fun.

I wanted to ask if you tried the Blade Vortex thing you talked about days before and, did it go well?

Also, I thought about using a Cloak of Defiance or a Belly of the Beast as body armor; probably BoB, but im not sure. I just wanted some people's advice about it, since im quite new.

Any ideas that could improve this build's late game would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the build :D
Last edited by Thefrax on Aug 28, 2017, 8:06:33 PM
"
Scindo wrote:
How does this do against bosses? Not even talking guardians/shaper, i mean t1-15 bosses and unique map bosses.

can this be used in place of brightbeak? Or any other rare dagger for that matter.

regarding body armor, would a Lioneye`s vision work? since with a 5L you can have pretty much the same due to its innate level 15 pierce and at 6l you`d have an even better setup, of course that would mean getting at least a 5 offcolor on it, so yeah...

To answer your question, Brightbeak is nowhere near mandatory. I'm currently using this:

and plenty of people running the build are also using yellow weapons. Brightbeak is a nice cheap starter map weapon but you will see large DPS gains if you hunt down a well-rolled yellow weapon eventually :)
"
Gandollf wrote:
How would switching EK out for BV, and the correct supporting gems, work for bosses like the guardians and shaper?

EK for BV is a smooth transition I'd think. Mathil actually did a build with ele conversion and inquisitor awhile back. You could look into his guild for something along those lines. It'd work better for bossing for sure. You'd need different jewels and such, and possibly a change up on weapons.
"
Mystadon wrote:
"
Scindo wrote:
How does this do against bosses? Not even talking guardians/shaper, i mean t1-15 bosses and unique map bosses.

can this be used in place of brightbeak? Or any other rare dagger for that matter.

regarding body armor, would a Lioneye`s vision work? since with a 5L you can have pretty much the same due to its innate level 15 pierce and at 6l you`d have an even better setup, of course that would mean getting at least a 5 offcolor on it, so yeah...

To answer your question, Brightbeak is nowhere near mandatory. I'm currently using this:

and plenty of people running the build are also using yellow weapons. Brightbeak is a nice cheap starter map weapon but you will see large DPS gains if you hunt down a well-rolled yellow weapon eventually :)

Yeah. Brightbeak is just a good placeholder for the most part. Up to T11/13s you can get away with running Brightbeak and it can actually be a dps up (in regards of actually clearing out trash mobs). If there are a lot of bonuses to monster life, it Brightbeak becomes less dependable. I ran a rare scepter for awhile, but the attack speed was super low so I had a rough time with it. Since my goal wasn't to push high tier maps, I just opted for Brightbeak most of the time.

Divinarus isn't very good for EK, but it can be used for BV if you were into running that skill instead. The AoE is wasted on EK and you can get better rolls on a dagger or scepter.

As far as Lioneye's vision, yes. It would be ideal to get a 7 link out of something. That being said, it'd be at least a few ex, if not several, to get those colors.
"
Thefrax wrote:
Hey, first of all, thanks for the guide. It's great and fun.

I wanted to ask if you tried the Blade Vortex thing you talked about days before and, did it go well?

Also, I thought about using a Cloak of Defiance or a Belly of the Beast as body armor; probably BoB, but im not sure. I just wanted some people's advice about it, since im quite new.

Any ideas that could improve this build's late game would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the build :D

BoB would be a very good chest IMO. The colors wouldn't be TOO hard to get, but the red sort of throws off the colors a bit. Sometimes you'll roll 3B 2G 1R and you hate yourself xD. I think there might be a good red placeholder, but overall I think the best setup is 3B3G. The life increase you get off of BoB seems pretty stellar and worth the chrom investment though. It's always super frustrating, and I recommending having more than the average predicted by Vorici Calculator just in case.

If you want to push late game (shaper and guardians, for example), I'd recommend transitioning to Blade Vortex. EK has hardly any grounds or advantages when it comes to boss fights. The amount of damage you gain from using a skill like BV is crazy, and since you're elemental it's pretty easy to scale via crit multi and ele damage. Mathil was doing higher tier boss fights (if I remember correctly from his videos) with pretty mediocre gear.
Hey, just a question, how are you generating frenzy and power charges in the Atoll video?
"
schongjr wrote:
Hey, just a question, how are you generating frenzy and power charges in the Atoll video?

Intuitive Leap getting Overcharged

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info