[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Dioktis wrote:
"
Natt wrote:
24: Aura: Hatred is best for SRS.

Does Hatred even work for minions now? To be honest I don't see any change in dps after equipping this gem...
Sure, but it only boosts physical damage, and Tukohama's Vanguards / Solar Guards are entirely fire damage, AFAIK. So unless you're using some other spectres... no point.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
Weioo wrote:
How exactly does one achieve the 70/70 block for Shaper? Just curious.
Shield, Advancing fortress or Rumi's flask or The Anvil, and Bone Offering + Mistress of Sacrifice.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Weioo wrote:
How exactly does one achieve the 70/70 block for Shaper? Just curious.
Shield, Advancing fortress or Rumi's flask or The Anvil, and Bone Offering + Mistress of Sacrifice.

Let me expand:

First, about the regular block chance, which has two mandatory components:
1) your shield (+ item and passive tree bonuses)
2) Bone Offering (+ potential helmet enchant)

Then it's a rather simple addition. Bone Offering at lvl20 grants 35% block (44% with enchant). So in order to reach 70%, you need a combined 35% (26%) from component #1. So you really want a high block chance on your shield and not some random 20% one. I have the second worst possible base type for example. You should try to get those stats on a better base.

Grimjack has listed several options to close the gap between your shield's block chance alone and that 35% goal. You could also pick up the passive node Solidity for 5%.

Second, spell block derives from your regular block via the mod XX% of block chance also applies to spell block (available on shaped shields/amulets and the unique amulet Stone of Lazhwar). So you take your grand total regular block chance (including Bone Offering) and multiply that by the value from said mod. If you want to get to 70%, you need to get 36% from this mod, because Bone Offering lvl 20 grants 34% (don't know if the helmet enchant also applies to make it 43%) pure spell block.

In the end, I don't think you absolutely need a magic % number, but I'd make an effort to get as high as you can without "external" items. The prime example for such an "external" item would be the Advancing Fortress. Its massive 15% bonus block chance is a hard fix to any issues of reaching the cap, however I wouldn't consider the last few points worth it over the Scourge or Brightbeak.

edit:
On a totally unrelated note, I'm sad to report the death of a lvl84 Fire-eater and my 4L AG (in a +2 helmet) to Abaxoth in a lvl82 map. So he may be added to the list of dangerous opponents. My minions aren't resist capped though. Maybe that could've helped, but still, they never died to anything but Shaper and Uber Atziri before.

Last edited by Solmyr77 on Feb 2, 2018, 5:15:38 AM

I believe this is THE best shield for this build.
Get spell block on amulet and use Advancing Fortress instead of Scourge. I survive any content with any mods. Most of the time I'm able just to stay in the middle of Abyss at T16 and smoking.
"
hwat wrote:

I believe this is THE best shield for this build.
Get spell block on amulet and use Advancing Fortress instead of Scourge. I survive any content with any mods. Most of the time I'm able just to stay in the middle of Abyss at T16 and smoking.

You don't even need something that GG. I'm using a derpy Lioneye's Remorse still (cause I <3 Life) and I could pretty much face tank Shaper beams. Everything outside of Shaper beam is amazingly easy to facetank.

I definitely give this build my seal of approval. I've successfully smashed every piece of content outside of Hall of the Grandmasters completely deathless with this build. (And HoTG I was able to clear two wings before they smote my spectres and I said screw that place) I don't even have that crazy of gear other than my +3 Bone Helm. No Culling Scourge, using cheapskate rings & Lioneye's Remorse. 7.1k life, 1k ES, 3k mana, 76/80/80/-7 resists.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
Last edited by ogresamanosuke on Feb 2, 2018, 3:15:54 PM
which are the best auras to use with Solar guards?
I'm not using MoM and can reserve more mana.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
"
Marchosiae wrote:
which are the best auras to use with Solar guards?
I'm not using MoM and can reserve more mana.
Haste.
Just want to say that this build has been amazing and fun to play at the same time. After trying out a couple of builds, i decided to go with a summoner build. First time in a league where i managed to clear all end game content with ease (Shaper, Uber Atziri, Vaal Temple, Red Elder) and completing 36/40 challenges. Will definitely look forward to playing this build again next league :)

Ive run this build on softcore abyss did all content, then decided to get those tricky hardcore achievements with the build as it is just so solid.

SC ABYSS, all content, shaper uber atziri and HOGM.

HC ABYSS guardians, shaper is SOON.tm.

Spoiler

CURRENT HC GEAR

Spoiler

Anyone with a link to search for jewels ? I have no idea what should i prioritize.
smth like this http://poe.trade/search/omorikorasikoa ?
Last edited by vToose on Feb 3, 2018, 12:46:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info