[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
killertje164 wrote:

I don't think you know how spectres work. The exact same reason Chance to ignite works on spectres is the reason Efficacy and swift affliction work. RF is still a "dot" but without a duration, Efficacy simply gives the "spectres" a %more multiplier on their DoT damage due to the *Supports any skill that deals damage* on the gem tag. This has been proven multiple times by "burning miscreations" which use UNRIGHTEOUS FIRE, which is literally the exact same skill as wickerman RF according to necronomicon.

TL;DR:

Wicker man RF is not the same as player-RF, and gems work differently for spectres, e.a Chance to ignite.

Don't think u test it how i say. Just for you, i repeat - try 1L and 4L with less dur+eff+swift.

I did 20 kills dominus (2 stage) with both setup:
Its 35-36 secs with both setup.

Maybe UNRIGHTEOUS FIRE by misc work well, but righteous from wicker mans dont.

"
Exelice wrote:
"
killertje164 wrote:

I don't think you know how spectres work. The exact same reason Chance to ignite works on spectres is the reason Efficacy and swift affliction work. RF is still a "dot" but without a duration, Efficacy simply gives the "spectres" a %more multiplier on their DoT damage due to the *Supports any skill that deals damage* on the gem tag. This has been proven multiple times by "burning miscreations" which use UNRIGHTEOUS FIRE, which is literally the exact same skill as wickerman RF according to necronomicon.

TL;DR:

Wicker man RF is not the same as player-RF, and gems work differently for spectres, e.a Chance to ignite.

Don't think u test it how i say. Just for you, i repeat - try 1L and 4L with less dur+eff+swift.

I did 20 kills dominus (2 stage) with both setup:
Its 35-36 secs with both setup.

Maybe UNRIGHTEOUS FIRE by misc work well, but righteous from wicker mans dont.

Yeah, I just tested it. I stand corrected. Burned miscreations have to Cast their righteous fire, whereas wicker man have it as an aura which might be the difference between these 2 spectres. I guess the information regarding spectres is a bit scrambled across the internet. Came to this conclusion: Chance to ignite works due to the description not specifying that only hits deal more fire damage, like fire penetration does, and any duration tag gem does not work with wickerman despite what the description says/indicates that it should work. Fuck, now I know why I stopped playing summoner builds lol. Anyways sorry for coming on a bit too strong aswell, just woke up with a hangover and reacted without testing it first. Would be nice to get some clarification on this whether or not it's a bug or intended(think it's intended with duration tag, seems to weigh heavier than anything else).
Howdy! Loving the build - great balance between survivability and damage. Having my own dummies running RF instead of me is the best. Wanna ask a question about spectre level scaling. The Templar laboratory location level is 68 and my ho's level is shown as 40. Don't spectres scale down when i leave the map where i revive them?
Last edited by DarkDrow on Sep 2, 2017, 12:47:58 PM
"
DarkDrow wrote:
Howdy! Loving the build - great balance between survivability and damage. Having my own dummies running RF instead of me is the best. Wanna ask a question about spectre level scaling. The Templar laboratory location level is 68 and my ho's level is shown as 40. Don't spectres scale down when i leave the map where i revive them?

Spectres are leveled down to current zone level, never leveled up.
They have maxlevel=level you spawned them at at any given time - if you rezz lvl 68 they cant be >68 but adjust their level to any zone from 1-68 then stay 68 for everything above
which minimum level for spectres do you recommend for mapping in shaped t11+ maps and t15 maps like harbinger etc.? and for guardians/shaper? thank you!
"
Giammafix wrote:
which minimum level for spectres do you recommend for mapping in shaped t11+ maps and t15 maps like harbinger etc.? and for guardians/shaper? thank you!

For just mapping t11 u can use T9 spectres (if u want - raise wicker man from shaped racecourse).

If going for 'general usage 6L that benefits both spectre types', how does Empower 4 look compared to other options presented in the OP post?
"
Exelice wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

For just mapping t11 u can use T9 spectres (if u want - raise wicker man from shaped racecourse).

thanks! and for big bosses?
ps: I'm wondering why the OP uses both elemental focus (no ailments) and burning damage together in links, do they work together with spectre?
Last edited by Giammafix on Sep 2, 2017, 5:49:29 PM
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
Exelice wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:

thanks! and for big bosses?
ps: I'm wondering why the OP uses both elemental focus (no ailments) and burning damage together in links, do they work together with spectre?

I'm not entirely sure, but righteous fire's damage is boosted by 'burning damage', even though it doesn't ignite.
Hi,
Firstly id like to say thanks for the build and all the contributions to it. Just hit 90 HC and loving it.
Id like to ask the reasoning behind the way the atlas is shaped? Why arent any t13s and 14s unlocked?
Thanks in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info