[3.0] Berserker Crit Dark Pact Optimised ClearSpeed/BossFights 1mil+ DPS/Defensive/Fast 7k+Life

"
we have %90 crit chance with diamond flask+inc crit strikes with alot of multiplier. also we shock enemies everytime we crit.controlled is pure damage and lowers our crit chance.
long story short its a crit build so i used inc crit.

Yeah, all good - been playing interchanging atm with them.

Did all guardians deathless, and done shaper with it so all good :) have about 7.3k hp - working on higher end gems and seeing if I can do Uber Atziri by end of league. :)

almost done with my character. Need to work on some jewels to get back to 109+ all res and be able to use wise oak again. Just about everything else is where I want it. Maybe some more 21/20 gems and another chaos ring. I could drop biscoe's to work on resists but really want to keep it it. Best league ever, never gotten a headhunter before.

I would say this character is in my top 5 favorite builds ever. Can do all the content, fast mapping, fun balls-to-the-wall playstyle.

I played a spectre summoner, too (the tukohama's vanguard+wickermen), that was really good/fun, too. That build is even stronger/easier than this one I'd say. And less risky. But this build just fits my playstyle.
"
fakelegend wrote:
"
veenarm wrote:
Any reason Inc Crit Strikes over Controlled Destruction?
It's a huuge dps difference swapping over to controlled.

I mean I know we use crit multiplier but it's still not constant.

I might be missing something?

we have %90 crit chance with diamond flask+inc crit strikes with alot of multiplier. also we shock enemies everytime we crit.controlled is pure damage and lowers our crit chance.
long story short its a crit build so i used inc crit.

It doesn't really matter that "this is a crit build," this is actually just math. The fact that it's a crit build doesn't mean you need to have crit in every single possible slot. There is an inflection point at around 50% where critical strike chance starts becoming worse and worse and in fact it's better to stack other forms of damage. These are called diminshing returns. In this case, controlled destruction is a significant dps increase over critical strikes because your chance to crit is already so high.

Your damage is also overstated by quite a bit because you include shock on the configuration tab. the nature of shock was changed in 3.0 such that if you don't deal 100% of your damage as lightning damage then you do not get the full 50% multiplicative effect. If you are using effects like vinktars or shocked ground then the numbers are closer to that of "intimidating" the enemy.
Last edited by mcnealstash on Nov 6, 2017, 8:59:04 PM
Just created this guy

Bought it corrupted for 5ex. Too bad about the quality but oh well. Not like the EV or ES matter on this build anyways. The other rolls were better than the other corrupted ones at the time.
There were a couple 6link +1 gems carcass jack for sale but were asking like 70-90ex.

I figured I could sell the gear from my other characters this league and fund the vaal orbs and fusings for cheaper than 70ex.
I think it cost me around 40ex total for this. ~8ex for the 1200-1300 fusings or so I needed (i had like 200 laying around to start). I had the 350 jewellers for the 6 sockets. 21-22ex for the 1500 vaal orbs needed to fuse, and say 4-5ex for the 350 vaal orbs needed to socket. And 5ex for the base crafting chest.

I tried a version with BBBBRG with level 3 empower, but void manipulation turned out to have better DPS. I think a level 4 empower would maybe be enough to beat out void manipulation.
Tooltip in the HO was 98k before, 107k now with the chest upgrade. (with haste and herald of ice up, no harbinger buff, no ice golem)
In your POB you had 1.3mil mob damage, which is nice. But a few things

-How are you shocking guardians/ bosses? It's giving you a 50% damage boost even though with the 3.0 shock changes there shouldn't be any mechanics that allow you to shock bosses.

-How are you generating power charges in a boss fight?
Last edited by k1mono on Nov 12, 2017, 2:40:22 AM
"
k1mono wrote:
In your POB you had 1.3mil mob damage, which is nice. But a few things

-How are you shocking guardians/ bosses? It's giving you a 50% damage boost even though with the 3.0 shock changes there shouldn't be any mechanics that allow you to shock bosses.

-How are you generating power charges in a boss fight?

my guess is they used vaal lightning trap to get the shock and possibly jaws of agony shield on weapon swap to get power charges.
Why void manipulation over controlled destruction?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info