Path of Exile Launches in China

wtf
"
unlucky_child wrote:
will this be new gateway or completely new server with different storage?

It will be a completely isolated server - there will not be any interaction with the main, global servers.

I'll link an article, outdated perhaps, that outlines Tencent's previous stance of pay-to-win monitisation of its licensed game. GGG can't afford for this to occur and to leak in any way to the main servers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/01/20/crossfire-tencents-top-earning-free-to-play-game-youve-never-heard-of/#12c01eaec6c2

Congrats! And nice trailer. :)
Loved it :D
Happy that POE is expanding. But not so happy that exclusive mtx are being published in Chinese realm. I hope they would never merge with the main realm.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Man, I wish we could convert all churches into PoE temples with huge Avarius windows.
Very very Cool!
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I don't know why Brevik is there or Taylor.

I don't know what Sir Richard Taylor has to do with anything, but David Brevik has been working with GGG for a while now as a consultant on the launch in China. I would imagine that as a guy who has had major roles in gaming from top to bottom, and you know... as the virtual creator of the specific genre/style of game that this is, his insight could be useful.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Aug 22, 2017, 2:44:56 AM
"
unlucky_child wrote:
will this be new gateway or completely new server with different storage?

Totally separate server, like how the Xbox is (will be) separate to ours.

And hey, its the Chinese..., there will be RMT sites in like 10 minutes after launch :)
When they say the power of Rangers and Duelist, they swapped the characters :)
About time for Dark Pact and Abyssal Cry to get some love?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info