[3.0] BoltBurst-Uber Lab done!-CWC,CI, ZO, EE, GR

Guide is incomplete and a WIP!
Not made for league starter
Not beginner build

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OVERVIEW
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After playing the game a while and never being fully satisfied with a build I made, both in Breach and Legacy this build has not disappointing. Was able to take down Shaper in Breach and farm Uber Lab (my main goal) very easily and with little focus. Yes, this is a CI build and even with the nerfs the build stands strong

PROS
  • Insane amount of ES and mana regen that competes with pre-3.0 GR/VP
  • Cheap to start and powerful to level with multiple skill setup options
  • Easy Mana management due to regen boost from Pious Path (Ascendancy)
  • No need for manual EE proc due to nature of Cast When Channeling setup i.e. Orb of Storm
  • Relatively cheap once hitting mid-game+
  • Dual Curse
  • No need for Clarity/Mana pots once Cruel lab is complete

CONS
  • Elemental Reflect hurts quite a bit. Maps CAN be done, but slowly and with caution.
  • Not the fastest clear speed meta HH GG mirrored gear wander 'zerker build. (or related)
  • Not a beginner build (CI)
  • Standing still to cast?
  • Hexproof maps can take a little longer to clear
  • Cannot do 'No regen' maps.
  • Chromatic'ing some of the gear can be a pain

As a test, as soon as I hit level 68 I swapped to CI. With only 4k ES, crap stats AND NO WEAPON (non capped res) I was already mapping. Below are the stats I had (pitiful but worked)

Lvl 68 Gear
Spoiler

Lvl 68 Tree (Incorrect Ascendancy pathing here)
Spoiler

GEAR
CORE ITEMS

The Beast Fur Shawl provides us with a lot of small bonuses to our build but the main explicit modifier being 'recharge recovery rate', which in simple terms = SUPER ES REGEN (still trying to figure out technicalities, but it works! Not an expert here)

Valyrium, especially at higher ES pool, will help prevent us from being stunned. Testing with the notable 'Practical Application' (above Witch start) and the 2 stun nodes next to it alone still felt like we were being stunned a bit too much without having Valyrium equipped, more so when trying to Shield Charge out of packs.

Frozen Trail is for obvious reasons, more projectiles for Frostbolt without the penalty of Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectile supports. Use 2 of these when leveling until you obtain a Snakepit ring.

OPTIONAL

Snakepit is not necessary but a huge QoL improvements as it provides a free projectile to Storm Burst AND Frostbolt. This allows us to only need 1 Frozen Trail jewel giving us more options for jewel mods. Cold damage and resistance is also nice

UNIQUE GEAR COST
*These costs were based off week 2-3 in the current Harbinger league*
Frozen Trail-1c
Energy From Within 20-30c
Snakepit-5c
Beast Fur-2c
Valyrium-1c
Doryani’s Catalyst 20-30c
Other options-Rigwald’s Crest
*Note that these prices will change as league progresses and/or changes. Beast Fur (key item) is extremely cheap this early in the league whereas Doryani's was fairly pricey early on.

The other gear slots need to focus on missing defenses and base stats. Go for Energy Shield rating and Resistances. Our Belt and Amulet slots can be used for our much needed Dexterity/Strength.

CURRENT DEFENSES
Level 77 stats, no Consecrated Ground
Spoiler

Level 77, on Consecrated Ground
Spoiler

DPS
Spoiler
Will upload PoB SS soon™

GEM LINKS
*In order of priority*
Chest
Storm Burst--Cast While Channeling Support--Frostbolt--Controlled Destruction--Increased Critical Strikes Support(5L)--Increased Critical Damage Support(6L)

3L
Cast When Damage Taken Support--Immortal Call--Stone Golem

4L
Orb of Storms--Increased Critical Strikes Support--Power Charge on Critical Support--Increased Area of Effect

3L or 4L
Shield Charge--Fortify--Faster Attacks Support--Endurance Charge On Melee Stun Support
*E. Charge support is not necessary, more for QoL. If only 3L (RRR), drop ECoMS*

3L
Blasphemy--Assassin's Mark--Discipline
For a more defense playstyle (Uber Lab) was can swap Assassin's Mark for Enfeeble.*

We have a couple of pieces of gear without gems at the moment. Still testing out options that benefit the build.

LEVELING

Level 1-37
Option 1: Level with Frostbolt and Flame Totem. Get the Quicksilver Flask from killing Hailrake. Pick up Clarity and Flame Dash after Brutus. Use LifeSprig wands (dual wield) If you have them. I used Frostbolt-Ele Prolif-Added Lightning. Once you obtain 4L, add Controlled Destruction to the links.
Option 2: Follow option 1 until you have access to Firestorm. Level as Dual totems (see skill tree below for Dual Totem setup). Then once we hit level 28, we can progress as a Dual Flameblast Totem until we swap to CI. Make sure if you choose this option to grab Frostbolt early on and level it at the same time.

Rush to the first jewel socket (refer to above tree) and get a Frozen Trail jewel. This helps early game clear speed. Get a Spell Totem linked with Frostbolt for even faster clear.

Grab an Eye of Chayula amulet if you can afford as this will prevent us from being stunned.

Level 38+
Pick up Cast While Channeling Support and socket in a 4L item. If you can afford, pick up a White 5L for more damage. Rush to Elemental Equilibrium after this for more deeps. Refer to gem setup for CWC order.

SKILL TREES

Leveling Trees (Life/ES Hybrid)
31 points
50 Points
64 Points
83 Points
94 Points

Leveling Trees (as Dual Totem)
coming soon

--End Game CI Tree--ZO, GR, CI, EE
Level 100

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ASCENDANCY
Inquisitor.

Order of Priority- Sanctify->Pious Path-> Righteous Providence->Inevitable Judgement

BANDITS
Eramir for 2 passive points.

PANTHEON
Major
Mapping--Soul of Lunaris
Provides us with a good chunk of physical damage reduction since we will be Shield Charging from pack to pack and also having to stand will to cast.
2nd Option--Soul of the Brine King
This can be used early on to assist us with stun avoidance if we feel we are getting stun locked too often.

For Uber Lab or other major boss farm, swap to Soul of Solaris.

Minor
Soul of Tukohama
Especially with the bonus from capture in the boss in Marshes, the physical damage reduction combined with life regen, too good to pass up on this build.

Another decent option is Soul of Gruthkul, however temporal chains overcomes the secondary (boss capture) benefit.

VIDEOS
Uber Labyrinth, first run
Cut off the first part of the video since I got lost. Will edit later on and add it as well.

FAQS

Q: Why not use Mind over Matter?
A: We sit still for long enough periods that we will be getting hit quite frequently. Our ES regeneration is substantial enough that the need to have this Keystone is unnecessary as we also want to be able to continue to dish out damage before our mana is stripped from us.
Q: When do you switch to CI?
A: Once we can equip the Beast Fur, we can begin running CI so long as we have some decent ES gear set aside for the transition AND we have spec’d into Pious Path, as this will be our bread-and-butter for surviving this early on

Q: Why not Elementalist?
A: Though Elementalist would not necessarily be a bad choice for Ascendancy, in our case Inquisitor would be the optimal choice in terms of DPS and survivability.

Q: Is this Uber Izaro/Shaper/Atziri viable?
A: Yes. Uber Labyrinth on this character once geared (72-75) will be a breeze. Shaper is doable just be mindful that you cannot completely tank all his hits. Atziri is easy, and for Uber, follow same rules as Shaper.

Q. Why Storm Burst and not a different channeling main?
A. Storm burst provides not only an initial hit but a secondary AoE hit when we stop channeling giving us a more consistent EE swap between lightning/cold to keep our damage output high. Also, the mana cost on a 5L is very low in comparison to others I have tested.

Q. Why not Elemental Focus?
A. Main reason is to allow us to inflict ailments (shock/freeze) and gain a little more benefit from our Ascendancy. Still in testing so if it is decided that this support gems works better for us,we will need to repath the skill tree a small bit.

TO DO
  • Upload Pics/Vids
  • Add leveling trees--Done
  • Atziri
  • T13+ Maps (currently running T12's)
  • Uber LabDONE
  • Shaper?
  • Hit 7k ES+

Stop by and see the build in action here:
mixer.com/thesuperdave

*Questions, suggestions and comments are welcomed!*

Oh hi
Last edited by KurosMalkil on Aug 29, 2017, 2:05:12 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2017, 5:25:24 PM
Changelog
  • 8/23/17--Added leveling trees, Pantheon information
  • 8/22/17--Tested Vault map. Pack clear was good, boss clear slow af
  • 8/21/17--Added images of defenses at Level 77, and at start of maps/CI swap
Oh hi
Last edited by KurosMalkil on Aug 23, 2017, 5:58:11 PM
I apologize for my English, I use Google translator!

Thanks for the guide, I'll wait with impatience video gameplay, so there was a question,
Node in the tree "ELEMENTAL FOCUS" why not crits?
How do you feel about using Jewel https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Intuitive_Leap
And taking a node from a tree overcharged to get charges!
For what reason do not you want to take alir and get resistances, mana regen and global crit?
Thank you)))

PS publish a video of the gameplay, about to know how and what to do))
Thank you for the work done!
Why do we use controlled destruction rather than elemental focus?
The elemental focus is not it better to work with the skill under the Righteous Providence class? + Damage from controlled destruction is less than from the focus element!
"
2333313 wrote:
The elemental focus is not it better to work with the skill under the Righteous Providence class? + Damage from controlled destruction is less than from the focus element!

Sorry, sorry .. I understand everything)) +45 to the multiplier + shock = 40k dps
"
2333313 wrote:
"
2333313 wrote:

Sorry, sorry .. I understand everything)) +45 to the multiplier + shock = 40k dps

The main reason I chose not to use Elemental Focus support is so that we can inflict ailments (shock/freeze). Another is to take full advantage of the Inquisitor crit/multi Ascendancy. Ele Focus will most likely be tested in the future along with Elemental Overload, just with a few passive reworks

As for running with power charges it has been considered using the typical Orb of Storms setup. If this happens then it may be worth running our tree branches over a few of the extra P Charge nodes but since the majoe ES nerf we are trying to also path as much defense (ES) as possible.

EDIT: I am also trying to track down a good video recording program and editing software to get some vids up quick! Currently got a head cold and finalizing some of the passives/gear/gem setup as well.
Oh hi
Last edited by KurosMalkil on Aug 23, 2017, 2:15:16 PM
"
KurosMalkil wrote:
"
2333313 wrote:
"
2333313 wrote:

The main reason I chose not to use Elemental Focus support is so that we can inflict ailments (shock/freeze). Another is to take full advantage of the Inquisitor crit/multi Ascendancy. Ele Focus will most likely be tested in the future along with Elemental Overload, just with a few passive reworks

As for running with power charges it has been considered using the typical Orb of Storms setup. If this happens then it may be worth running our tree branches over a few of the extra P Charge nodes but since the majoe ES nerf we are trying to also path as much defense (ES) as possible.

When will you post the video?
Tree can I use?
"
Tree can I use?

I will work on the leveling trees today but there are 2 end game (CI) trees available (91pt/100pt) above.

Oh hi
"
KurosMalkil wrote:
"
Tree can I use?

I will work on the leveling trees today but there are 2 end game (CI) trees available (91pt/100pt) above.

I saw a tree and I really liked it, I modeled it in the PoE build.
It remains only to see the video)))
"
I saw a tree and I really liked it, I modeled it in the PoE build.
It remains only to see the video)))

Added leveling trees for life/ES hybrid. May add some later as a Dual Flameblast totem setup as these are powerful/cheap league starters. Just know they will require more respec points.
Oh hi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info