[3.0] White Wand Shaper Kill **The Retchid Wander** Slayer+Raider - Proof of Concept/Build Guide

White Wand Shaper Kill

Decided to make a proof on concept/build guide for "The Retchid Wander". A build I created and currently playing in Harbinger SC. So this will be geared more for temp leagues rather than STD.

Background: I played LL wandfinder in 2.6 and loved it, when I saw scion slayer changes, the retch+ ele wander instantly popped in my head. After starting with the good ol' FB Zerker AWC as league starter, I rolled the scion. The build is currently in progress, and as I fine tuning it, I will update this guide. Also looking for suggestions or ideas for the build.

Here is the PoB of a level 100 template I made for the build.
Vaal Pact Tree https://pastebin.com/F2CumTfa
Acuity Tree https://pastebin.com/JLu67RTw
201% Life Acuity Tree https://pastebin.com/9eMVjsPZ

The Build is based around the interaction between The Retch Belt + New changes to Scion's Slayer Ascendant + Vinktars + either Vaal Pact or Atziri's Acuity Gloves. You need every piece to this puzzle, with the choice of either Vaal Pact or Acuity, for it to work properly.

The reason for The Retch? It reflects 200% of our life leech as Chaos damage. The highest source of leech is from Vinktar's which is 20% of your lightning damage. So in theory the best builds are either pure Lightning damage or a Physical to Lightning Build to take full advantage of the leech % Vinktars provides. To Make this work properly at Full life(when our leech would normally stop) is the new changes from 3.0 to the Scions Ascendant Slayer Node granting our leech to not stop while we are at full life, in turn enabling us to take full advantage of The Retch. Side note, the damage from The Retch is "Reflected Damage" and cannot be scaled off passives or Gear.

The difference between Vaal Pact and Atziri? With Vaal Pact we have zero Life regen, but ALL your damage will be leeched instantly. This is techincally the higher DPS route because its all instant leeching for both crits and non crits which is much more leeching than Leech over time. The reason i say Atziri Acuity is BiS is simply because of the HUGE QoL it offers the build. With Acuity only our crits are instant Leech, while slightly lowering our dps output of the retch, but we now have a buffer of Leech over time of 20% of our max life per second(about 1.2khp/s) which is very helpful for sustaning Blood Rage "care-free style". Also helps you get you some sustain is boss fights if your vinktars is down. Also you save some passive points, dropping VP.

Ascendant Slayer + Raider

Why Slayer?
Leech doesn't stop at full life
Why Raider? Highest DPS + Move Speed + Onslaught + Frenzy for Bosses(keeps your blood rage frenzies up while bossing). Really a great Ascendant overall, and really gives the build a much better mapping feel with the added speed.

Why This Build? This build a really great blend of Uber/Shaper/Guard killing ability mixed with the insane clear speed of KB(better than any bow skill imo) while still keep up similiar speeds of raiders or pathfinders. Some other Wander builds (over)focus on KB damage making their Barrage seem lack luster and akward. This build focuses mainly on scaling Barrage, but in turn KB follows suit and gets benefits from every way we scaled our Barrage minus the 6Link. If you want a build that can do it all, and do it fast. This may be an option for you.

Current Gear: Harbinger SC Lvl94 4.8Mil Shaper DPS 6,200 Life. 5.4/6.5 @100 same gear.

Wand: Rare /w T1 Flat light+T1 Lightning Dmg+Ias+CC > Culling Piscator > Piscator
Shield: Lyco Highest DPS w/o mirroed Rares.
Helm: +2 Barrage Starkonja's Head(Life) or Rat's Nest (Dps)
Chest: Belly 6L(Life) or Lioneyes/Yriels (Dps) or really anything could work here, preference pick.
Gloves: Acuity is Bis for a do it all build(maps+bosses). Ele Weak ThunderFist/Malis Vaal Pact for highest DPS boss killer.
Boots: T1 Life + T1 Life Hybrid + 30% Move Speed + Cap Res.
Rings: Opal or Diamond Base. T1 Life + Cap Res + Flat Lightning/Wed/Crit Chance/Ias/Essence %Lightning/Essence Crit multi.
Amulet: Any base with strength on it will be all you need. I have the extra +30 str node b/c I swap on bisco's While Mapping. T1 Life + Cap Res + Crit Multi/Critchance/Wed/Flat lightning

Flasks For Bossing:

Why? Maximum DPS Output for Guardian/Shaper/Uber.

Flasks For Mapping:

Why? Since we are not Raider or Pathfinder we need are status immunities from our flasks. We swap out our Wise Oak + Atziri Promise Flasks, and sub in Quicksilver and Life Flasks. Here we roll our remaining needed immunities, Freeze+Bleed. Another option is instead of the Life Potion use a Sulphur Flask for the increased damage and the Consecrated Ground regen.

Any feed back or ideas greatly appreicated as this is still a work in progress. and more of a proof of concept atm then a full fledge build guide.

VIDEOS:
Shaped Dunes - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179939423
Shaped Race Course - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/179945371
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Oct 5, 2017, 3:06:34 PM
Last bumped on Dec 20, 2017, 7:00:46 PM
Fix you POB link. 106 level build?
Why raider over elementalist? What about reflect?
Last edited by BoneFaer on Aug 24, 2017, 6:24:26 AM
"
BoneFaer wrote:
Fix you POB link. 106 level build?
Why raider over elementalist? What about reflect?

PoB Link is fine its 128/128 for lvl 100.

Why Raider over elementalist? b/c frenzy's on bosses + Dodge + Onslaught + MS.

What about reflect? You scour/alch map if reflect, if rare you pop flasks, and your fine. Also the Patheon for reduced reflect damage taken by 25% helps a bunch, flasks alone should pull you through.

Side Note, ive decided to make a tree for acuities because i think it would help mapping slightly having the passive leech regen going from slayer mixed with the instant crit leech. I currently dont have enough currency for acuities, but im adding it b/c i think it might be worth trying at some point.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Aug 25, 2017, 8:41:09 AM
I'm running this build with Raider/Elementalist. Can do ele reflect no problem. Any reason why the slayer ascendancy is good? with vaal pact you don't even profit from the extra leech and you dont do any phys damage, so the reflect immunity doesnt help either.
Last edited by zidkun on Aug 26, 2017, 10:46:46 PM
"
zidkun wrote:
I'm running this build with Raider/Elementalist. Can do ele reflect no problem. Any reason why the slayer ascendancy is good? with vaal pact you don't even profit from the extra leech and you dont do any phys damage, so the reflect immunity doesnt help either.

The reason you go scion slayer is so your leech doesn't stop at full. So when you hit full hp your retch still does damage. With out the slayer node you can't leech at full making the retch basically useless. Don't use retch if your not slayer.

About reflect unless HC reflect rares are not a problem. As long as you have Vinktars. So to me the ablitity to keep the frenzy charges up from blood rage during the map, the raider allows you to keep them against the boss. Also adding onslaught which is needed imo. Because without it(coming from a LL wandfinder in 2.6, the scion variant doesn't have as much movespeed. So the onslaught is key for mapping imo helping you clear faster keeping the flask charges up.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Aug 27, 2017, 5:15:57 PM
I am looking for some inspiration for Retch guy to build around these items

So far best option seems either Phys wander (Slayer + Assasin) , or Tornado Shot (same ascendacny) to maximize the utilities.

i wonder if this "ele wander" would be good with Acuity. Ele dmg seems like a waste to go Slayer on ascendant.
Any thoughts?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
In 3.0 chill will always apply as far as there is a cold damage, and all the guardians and even shaper are not immune to chill anymore. Based on the fact above, what do you think the change below:

herald of thunder -> herald of Ice
slayor -> inquisitor
slower projectile -> hypotheria

I think the combination above will deal general more damage. The only weakness is Uber Atziri, who still immune to any element ailments.
"
Marxone wrote:
I am looking for some inspiration for Retch guy to build around these items

So far best option seems either Phys wander (Slayer + Assasin) , or Tornado Shot (same ascendacny) to maximize the utilities.

i wonder if this "ele wander" would be good with Acuity. Ele dmg seems like a waste to go Slayer on ascendant.
Any thoughts?

you need slayer for the retch to even work lol. the retch + vinktars is the foundation of any retch build and vinktars leechs you 20% lightning. not really sure wehre ur getting ele is bad for slayer when all retch builds go slayer and either ptl or pure lightning.

"
allforone999 wrote:
In 3.0 chill will always apply as far as there is a cold damage, and all the guardians and even shaper are not immune to chill anymore. Based on the fact above, what do you think the change below:

herald of thunder -> herald of Ice
slayor -> inquisitor
slower projectile -> hypotheria

I think the combination above will deal general more damage. The only weakness is Uber Atziri, who still immune to any element ailments.

u need slayer for the retch to work properly. you scale lightning damage and lightning leech for damage, u lose dps going HoI. Also one of your best links is ele focus which makes it so u cant give status aliments. unless u plan to use KB? idk.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Aug 29, 2017, 7:26:23 AM
Just wanted to post here and show of my gear and set up for this build. I have finally moved into and am able to handle some of the later content in HSC which is nice. Hopefully my gear below gives folks an additional perspective on this build.

Spoiler
"
ChaseX13 wrote:
Just wanted to post here and show of my gear and set up for this build. I have finally moved into and am able to handle some of the later content in HSC which is nice. Hopefully my gear below gives folks an additional perspective on this build.

Spoiler

Nice gear. Only problem I see is where is your shock removal for vinktar?

Sorry I havnt been able to update, I've been out of state past week so I havnt been able to play. Will update soon after I get back.
LocK
Last edited by SticKyGreeNzlNY on Sep 4, 2017, 6:28:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info